• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

No I'm one of those supposedly evil non-believers :24:

Ah! I understand.... :whistling:

So, by your understanding, what is a violation of Canada's hate speech law? Preaching that homosexuality is sin? Referring to people like Dawkins as "militant" atheists? Referring to Christians as mentally ill? Just curious.... :taped:

Hate speech is a little murky however there is a clause that allows such speech to be permitted if it's religiously motivated. As long as you don't attempt to incite violence against a group of people.

Link removed by moderator

I read the link. Thanks for that...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

How I am supposed to know that? You only gave me enough info to find one article, and not by name. The Science article concerns resistance to science if it clashes with early childhood teachings whose lessons become intuitive. The authors specifically cite the fundamentalist resistance of evolution but I didn't find mention of the belief in heaven or "belief in a purpose" as a delusion. In fact, the copy I read did not use the word "delusion" at all.

Where did I use the word delusion?

Tell you what, when you can actually comprehend what I'm saying (since I never argued for delusion or that they were calling us delusional), I'll finish the debate.

Until then, I'll pray someone smarter than yourself comes along so I can have a real discussion on this. Or, I'll pray you'll go back and comprehend what I'm saying.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

How I am supposed to know that? You only gave me enough info to find one article, and not by name. The Science article concerns resistance to science if it clashes with early childhood teachings whose lessons become intuitive. The authors specifically cite the fundamentalist resistance of evolution but I didn't find mention of the belief in heaven or "belief in a purpose" as a delusion. In fact, the copy I read did not use the word "delusion" at all.

Tell you what, when you can actually comprehend what I'm saying (since I never argued for delusion or that they were calling us delusional), I'll finish the debate.

Until then, I'll pray someone smarter than yourself comes along so I can have a real discussion on this. Or, I'll pray you'll go back and comprehend what I'm saying.

Haha.

Tail between your legs.

:whistling:

Haha.

Tail between your legs.

It's not me running away. There is a clause in there. If you can tell me where I said atheists were calling Christians delusional, or where I based my argument on that, then we'll pick this up. If you come back and said you misunderstood it, I'll continue right where we left off.

Ball's in your court. But hey, if it makes you feel like the big boy on campus to act like you've "won," go for it.

It's not me running away. There is a clause in there. If you can tell me where I said atheists were calling Christians delusional, or where I based my argument on that, then we'll pick this up. If you come back and said you misunderstood it, I'll continue right where we left off.

Ball's in your court. But hey, if it makes you feel like the big boy on campus to act like you've "won," go for it.

Every argument I've seen you participate in has ended with you declaring yourself a superior intelligence and then walking away. This has been no exception.

Haha.

Tail between your legs.

:taped:

Every argument I've seen you participate in has ended with you declaring yourself a superior intelligence and then walking away. This has been no exception.

Just going to insult me? Can't take up the challenge?

Perhaps if you take up the challenge of reading and responding to my posts, namely the last one.

Perhaps if you take up the challenge of reading and responding to my posts, namely the last one.

Why should I when you didn't get my argument straight?

I'll leave it at this:

It should be obvious to everyone here that you were unable to go back and explain the whole "delusion" argument. I asked for you to either show how I was arguing, "Atheists say we're delusional" or to say you misunderstood what I was saying. You couldn't explain it.

If you want to declare 'victory' none-the-less, it's quite alright with me.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The articles I presented don't even come close to what you are saying. They state that belief in a purpose, belief that you're going to Heaven, etc., all render you to have a mental illness.

:noidea:

Lorax, it is so obvious you are playing the game of denial.

I do recall seeing one or more articles posted in the Worthy News section where some scientist(s) or psychiatrist(s) had proclaimed belief in God, Heaven and Hell, etc. a mental illness.

I used to belong to a science board, which I absolutely loved participating in, until the founder kept writing these kinds of proclamations in his blog:

I don

Guest Biblicist
From a Christian worldview perspective, can anyone shed light on the origins of the popularized brand of atheism we see today?

I'm sure people have struggled with doubts since creation and according to atheists, you're born an atheist.

The 18th-century French author Baron d'Holbach was one of the first self-described atheists. In The System of Nature (1770), he describes the universe in terms of philosophical materialism, strict determinism, and atheism. This and his Good Sense (1772) were condemned by the Parlement of Paris, and copies of the books were publicly burned.