Rather peculiar question

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I need to find a decent prepaid in state calling card for my aunt. I hope it is ok to post here. I thought someone may know of a decent card. Sometimes she purchases 1000 minutes at a time. This time, she bought two 600 minutes calling cards. She talked for 37 minutes, and they charged her 185 minutes. Their ratio for in state phone calls is 5:1, which means for every minute she talked, the card charged her five minutes. Now, she has 82 minutes left, if you multiply times 5 this equals 410 minutes. 410 and 185(37 x 5), is 595 minutes. They even took away five of her minutes for no reason!!! I know I should not be furious, or maybe I should. I am trying not to lose sleep over this. But, it makes me upset that companies, REPUTABLE companies can get away with this kind of method.

Does anyone know of a reputable calling card that I can purchase for my aunt? Please let me know.

I know my question is not about Christianity, and having a spiritual problem, if this is out of line, then please delete this. I don't want to take away from anyone else. I just needed some answers.

Thanks,

Rachel72

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Its not out of line, your trying to help your Aunt......................... :laugh: . I don't know but I"ll ask around at work tomorrow and see if I can find out anything!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Thanks so much. My aunt is 78 years old, and does not know all the hidden costs that come with a calling card. I should have helped her more sooner than later. Thank you for checking silent. I appreciate it...

Since you mentioned in-state long distance, it sounds like you are in the US. You might want to consider a monthly, no contract cell phone provider like Cricket. I'm in Arizona and Cricket offers unlimited local, long distance, the whole bit. Have a look at their website. They have a coverage map that may include your area. Here's a hot link to the site:

www.mycricket.com

I use the Cricket Connect plan for $50 per month, and that's a lot cheaper than calling cards if you are able to do that.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Ohhh ya'll are so smart, I didn' even think about Cricket! :whistling:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  864
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/22/1954

Also your land line phone company might offer a good phone card. Ours does :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

Why don't you just get one of those calling cards that is associated with your own telephone line. Anytime you use it it just gets charged to your home phone line. They usually give pretty good deals.

Guest LadyC

many phone companies offer "unlimited long distance" plans. when i used an analog land line, i paid $20/month for unlimited calls anywhere in the US. i'm assuming at her age she probably doesn't have internet, which would allow her to get digital phone service like vonage or sunrocket....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I have noticed that in some states, some long distant calling plans from various phone companies offer one monthly fee for unlimited long distance. Some offer discounts for elderly and disabled. It could be very well worth looking into.