IGNORED

Hilton: 'God Has Released Me'

Guest Marlee
Happy Fathers day to all the fathers out there. :whistling:

Bless You Dear Sister

Love, Your Brother Joe

Well, thankyou and how nice of you. I hope you had a fantastic Father's Day and bless you too.

:whistling:

Guest Marlee

There have been many attorneys, who practice in LA, that have said her sentence is harsher than most convicted of similar misdomeaners. Most folks serve 10% of their sentence IF THAT. She is being made an example of.

that's why i said what i said... you made it sound as though you thought she was going to have to serve out her entire sentence rather than a portion of it.

I've read over what I posted and no where did I see that I said she would have to serve her entire sentence. I've always been aware of that. I stated that many believe her reduced sentence was too harsh, which is probably true compared to others with the same charges. Now her attitude and her mothers attitude, as I stated, made things worse for her, which we both know. Anyway, I don't want to be responsible for taking this overworked topic to a 5th page, so I'm moving on.

Happy Fathers day to all the fathers out there. :24:

One of the pieces that are not being mentioned is the fact that Paris is in fact serving a sentence for two things. First for violating her probation which is a serious charge and then sentencing for the original charge.

Hers was a fair sentence in this light.

And with all the conflict in the Middle East, South America and Africa, all the news is abuzz about how cold Paris Hilton is in jail.

Guest ItalianGypsy

I always give people the benefit of the doubt. I think she is a poor example to our young people but she deserves to be given the same chances we have been given. I hope she keeps this "new found" faith going after she is released.

:24:

Guest Marlee

Anyone here see the Paris Hilton interview on Larry King Live lastnight? If so, do you think she's changed as much as she said she had?

Personally, I thought she was contrite, but at the same time, she lied to King when asked if she had ever done drugs.

Also, she said she had read the Bible in jail and when King asked her what her favorite scripture was, she hesitated and then said she didn't have one. I don't know about ya'll, but I cling to certain scriptures when I'm going through something.

While in prison, she said "God had given her a second chance". Correct me if I'm wrong, but did she even mention God during the interview? (because if she did, I missed it).

I guess I'm a little bit skeptical here, but at the same time, I'm hoping she truly found God and has made a change for the better.

Edited by Marlee

Guest LadyC

i heard the highlights of the interview but i don't watch larry king. personally i think if she's lying about the drugs (which seems pretty obvious given that there are pictures of her getting high), then she's not taking responsibility for her actions and nothing has yet changed.

however, that doesn't mean that God didn't start getting through that thick skull of her in jail, and that some change that we can't yet see isn't in the process of taking place.

Guest Marlee
i heard the highlights of the interview but i don't watch larry king. personally i think if she's lying about the drugs (which seems pretty obvious given that there are pictures of her getting high), then she's not taking responsibility for her actions and nothing has yet changed.

however, that doesn't mean that God didn't start getting through that thick skull of her in jail, and that some change that we can't yet see isn't in the process of taking place.

I don't normally watch Larry King, but for the exclusive interview with her.

I'm in agreement with you on that one. There was a video on the net showing her smoking a joint. It really wouldn't have hurt her to admit she had done drugs in the past. I'd have a lot more respect for her if she had just said that she had.

Guest Biblicist
I'm wondering if she actually receives letters from the outside?

If so, I think it would be nice if a caring Christian individual wrote to her and told her the TRUE gospel.

I do pray for Paris' salvation, and hope she comes to Christ....but I also keep thinking that, when she gets out, things will be the same for her. She'll still have a mansion to go home to, and a ton of famous friends who will no doubt want to party with her.

I'm wondering how long such a conversion can actually last without someone there to guide her when she gets out of prison.

:) I agree with you DNW. Prayer and action. If she is a new babe in Christ we need to nurter her relationship with the Lord. Just like a new baby, she needs to be fed, nurtured and cared for. If anyone can find her email address it would be good for us to flood her email with messages of the Truth.

She does not have a good support group around her in real life to help her build a relationship with the Lord. If you feel led to pray for her, go one step further and send her a message of the Gospel.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Hopefully she is referring to the One and True God, Creator of all things...

...and not the Hollywood gods of Tom Cruise, Shirley McClain and the likes. :whistling:

I'm not being callous or sarcastic by the way. I'm serious. :thumbsup:

I agree with you. Tom Cruise a Sciencetologist has been chosen by his church at the new Jesus of the Sciencetology world. I too hope that she read her bible and stays away from trash like Mr. Crusie is involved in.

Guest Marlee

Call it women's intuition or just a gut hunch. I really think all Ms. Hilton is interested in is her next Photo-op. She loves the camera and I'm sure she loves every mirror she can find. Of course, the mainstream media and the Paparazzi are interested in her stories and photos, only for the big bucks. The only ones interested in her and her pics are teen girls that want to be like her when they grow up. Other than that, no one cares what her current photo looks like except, of course, Paris herself.

I think in describing her to the best of anyone's ability, the word VAIN seems to apply the best and the Bible specifically warns against vanity.