what is the better option

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

when she comes back, i will show my mom your newest findings and see what she says :)

me, i would really like to start some form of investment plan. but i am still getting student loans and have 1.5 more years of school to go till i can do that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

when she comes back, i will show my mom your newest findings and see what she says :24:

me, i would really like to start some form of investment plan. but i am still getting student loans and have 1.5 more years of school to go till i can do that.

:) Just a thought. Saving should be way of life for everybody. When I was attending school (elementary, highschool and college) I worked evenings and weekends and always saved 10% of whatever I made. Now, that didn't amount to much sometimes, so I couldn't get into mutual funds or even money market funds because they usually have base limit (like a minimum of $1,000 deposit or more or whatever), so I just put the money in a savings account then when I had enough I would buy US Savings Bonds to get the higher rate of return. I have since cashed them in (at maturity) and reinvested the proceeds with my current investments. What I am saying is you will always a reason NOT to save; like student loans, then a mortgage, then kids, or new tires for your car or whatever. That's why it has to be a way of life starting at a young age. You'll always have debts of one kind or another; if not debts then responsibilities. But your first responsibility should be YOU, though. Look after yourself first and you will always be able to look after others.

Marnie's rule of life #14: if you work, save. It doesn't matter how old you are. Even if it's a small amount. Put it away and forget about. Let it grow and compound.