• Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  698
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Blessings~

re: Good Deeds~

Sometimes, we can get caught up into our self or families and forget about doing a good deed for someone else.

My neighbour that lives across the street from me, called, and asked me to stop over.

So over I went. Both her and her daughter, smoke WAY too Much, and neither breath very well.

So to make this short, I volunteered to take her garbage down to the dump, when she left it out on her porch.

So this is a weekly deed.

Then on my way home yesterday, I stopped and picked up a young man, who's car stopped on the expressway. Luckly, he lived close, so I drove him home.

Being in the right place -Right time deed.

So what are your thoughts on this topic?

Are you being a G-DLY Scout? :t: :t: :t2:

Snowdoove

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Snowdove, check out this thread started by Nebula.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

Good works do indeed show God's love to people. But we do need to remember. None of our Good deeds will guarentee us a way into Heaven. Only Jesus Christ can lead us to Heaven. We take up our crosses and follow Him to salvation.

There is a day each year in which people are asked to perform a random act of kindness. I for one think that should be every day as many times as we can do them but I hope everyone performs at least one this year

As you do your good deeds be careful. This world is not a safe place and there are those out there who will harm others if given the chance. I am guilty of picking up strangers on highways myself but I first ask God to show me what to do. I have had on occasion reason to be nervous about whom I picked up but so far God in His Mercy has kept me safe. So remember to be safe too folks. :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  862
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Life is so busy these days I think it is so easy to forget to do deeds out side of the family. Even in church, you have the same people sticking up their hands while everyone else sits back.

Although I love all of my church family I have to say I was disappointed at Christmas. We had one guy in our church wanting to do a dinner for people who couldn't afford a nice meal for Cristmas day and asked me to help, I didn't think it was a bad idea and said, sure.

One week from Christmas I asked him what was happening and I was told only 3 people agreed to help. Out of a church of 200 people that was poor.

I don't think anyone was thinking of being selfish but in life and at that time of year people are thinking of their own family and don't want to take too much time from that.

Sad really ;)