• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I was reading Psalm 19 last night, and I was noticing the oddity of how the first half is about the celestial and the second part is about the Law and Precepts and whatnot of the Lord. How were the two correlated?

Recalling that Hebrew poetry is based on parallelism (simple explanation: one thought echos another synonymously, alternately, or increasing), I tried looking at part 2 as an echo of part 1. This is how it came out. What do you think?

Psalm 19

1 The heavens are telling of the glory of God;

And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.

7 The law of the LORD is perfect, restoring the soul;

The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

2 Day to day pours forth speech,

And night to night reveals knowledge.

8 The precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart;

The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.

3 There is no speech, nor are there words;

Their voice is not heard.

9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever;

The judgments of the LORD are true; they are righteous altogether.

4 Their line has gone out through all the earth,

And their utterances to the end of the world.

10 They are more desirable than gold, yes, than much fine gold;

Sweeter also than honey and the drippings of the honeycomb

In them He has placed a tent for the sun,

5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber;

11 Moreover, by them Your servant is warned;

In keeping them there is great reward.

It rejoices as a strong man to run his course.

12 Who can discern {his} errors?

6 Its rising is from one end of the heavens,

And its circuit to the other end of them;

And there is nothing hidden from its heat.

Acquit me of hidden {faults.}

13 Also keep back Your servant from presumptuous {sins;}

Let them not rule over me;

Then I will be blameless,

And I shall be acquitted of great transgression.

14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart

Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD,

My Rock and my Redeemer.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357

You are exactly on the right path, with this Nebula. While the transition from the glories of creation to the law of the Lord seems somewhat abrupt. But is law and order that uphold the material universe. It is an interesting comparison between God's material laws that uphold nature and maintain the order of creation and God's moral laws which should serve as that which maintain order in our lives.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

The Psalm explains humanity. From the grace and beauty of God's original creation, to the depths of the world pains and tribulations, through to the hope of redemption and liberation found through Jesus Christ.

Everlasting

Moon over Key Biscayne

:emot-hug:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  214
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/01/1963

i think its saying something completely different. i believe its is sayin that GOD spoke and with HIS word the stars, son, moon, even man was created. so to by the voice of JESUS whose voice will be gentle and quiet will give gifts to those who are rightious and JESUS will tell GOD that these believers in HIM are worthy of the gift of eternal life and for those that has sinned cannot hide. also at night GOD shows us things teaches us therefore gives us knowlege at night in our sleep. and during the day HIS priests/ministers will tell us of GODS word..and the word is better than the finest gold and better than the honey so it all fits together GOD speaks thru the spirit from the priests and while we sleep GOD reveals the message with dreams and visions. and that thru JESUS will we receive our treasure. does this make sense i know its kinda jumbled but i can only type what the spirit tells me to.......oak

i think its saying something completely different. i believe its is sayin that GOD spoke and with HIS word the stars, son, moon, even man was created. so to by the voice of JESUS whose voice will be gentle and quiet will give gifts to those who are rightious and JESUS will tell GOD that these believers in HIM are worthy of the gift of eternal life and for those that has sinned cannot hide. also at night GOD shows us things teaches us therefore gives us knowlege at night in our sleep. and during the day HIS priests/ministers will tell us of GODS word..and the word is better than the finest gold and better than the honey so it all fits together GOD speaks thru the spirit from the priests and while we sleep GOD reveals the message with dreams and visions. and that thru JESUS will we receive our treasure. does this make sense i know its kinda jumbled but i can only type what the spirit tells me to.......oak

I think God's revelation is imparted differently to everyone, but is imparted for the same universal purpose. As far a ministering the word is concerned, by God's grace we are all doing that. Putting everyone into rememberance of the Gospel, and the Lord Jesus Christ continually, becomes our portion of the Lord's ministry as Christian's.

Blessings,

Everlasting,

Moon over Key Biscayne

:huh:

I think God's revelation is imparted differently to everyone, but is imparted for the same universal purpose. As far a ministering the word is concerned, by God's grace we are all doing that. Putting everyone into rememberance of the Gospel, and the Lord Jesus Christ continually, becomes our portion of the Lord's ministry as Christian's.

Blessings,

Everlasting,

Moon over Key Biscayne

;)

but aint our individual interpretations GODS way of telling us what we need to know.....oak

Blessings,

Everlasting,

Moon over Key Biscayne

:emot-hug:

but aint our individual interpretations GODS way of telling us what we need to know.....oak

Of course. Every person is at varying levels of understanding in their faith. His word ministers to each person infinately.

Everlasting

:P OK, would you two please explain to me how you got all of this out of that Psalm?

:emot-highfive: OK, would you two please explain to me how you got all of this out of that Psalm?

before i even start reading the bible i pray for knowledge and understanding of waht i read and then i start reading where the spirit moves me to read and im gien the gift of understanding and since my faith is growing what i read will mean something to me but differently who is newer to the faith and to smeone more stronger in the faith each word each verse will have a different understanding to each individual reading it....oak :thumbsup:

Hey, Oakleaf -

Please don't take this wrong, but would you mind re-explaining that? :) It's a bit of a run-on sentence, and I'm having a hard-time understanding what you just said.