IGNORED

Positive things about Al Gore...

undone

Guest Biblicist

A good quality that Al Gore has........hmmm.....lets see.....

He seems to be really into that environmental new-age thing........oh wait that's not good...

uhhh....He takes bribes from Chinese monks....oh waits........umm.... aaaahhh. wait a minute......ummmm

uhhh...He really likes to act like a scientist, but he hasn't got a clue....ohhh....not so great.....

I GOT IT!

He was created in the image of God! There.....

Al Gore, a Southern Baptist, caring about God's Creation is a bad thing?

Moreover, anyone who has ever listened to him speak or watched his documentary knows that he is intelligent man who is quite informed about the scientific issues he speaks about.

My father in law grew up a Southern Baptist.

He is now atheist. . . :P Sometimes I wonder how that happened?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

Oh, I almost forgot. One other positive thing about Al Gore.

In the 2000 Election, more Americans voted for him than voted for George Bush. In fact, around 500,000 more Americans voted for Al Gore than George Bush.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Shalom,

Ummmmmmmmmmm.

His wife has a cute name (Tipper).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

A good quality that Al Gore has........hmmm.....lets see.....

He seems to be really into that environmental new-age thing........oh wait that's not good...

uhhh....He takes bribes from Chinese monks....oh waits........umm.... aaaahhh. wait a minute......ummmm

uhhh...He really likes to act like a scientist, but he hasn't got a clue....ohhh....not so great.....

I GOT IT!

He was created in the image of God! There.....

Al Gore, a Southern Baptist, caring about God's Creation is a bad thing?

Moreover, anyone who has ever listened to him speak or watched his documentary knows that he is intelligent man who is quite informed about the scientific issues he speaks about.

Regardless of whether someone agrees or disagrees with Gore's political ideology, that does not mean that he is an indecent individual or stupid. Decent and intelligent people can disagree about a wide array of issues and still be decent and intelligent people.

Al Gore....intelligent? You gotta be kidding me.......lol...The man's a politician, not a scientist...

He says CO2 level in the atmosphere causes the temperature of the earth to change........yet when you look at the data the CO2 level lags temperature by 400-800 years (so in reality global warming causes higher CO2....wow!)....he is either not that bright or he is disingenuous.....take your pick....I usually give him the benefit of the doubt and say he just doesn't know better. It's a novice mistake to make a graph of CO2 versus temperature and see the straight line and say, "There you go......cause and effect". Any real scientist worth his salt is going to dig deeper and discover the truth....

Btw, God gave man dominion over the earth. We are stewards of creation. However, man was God's pinnacle of creation. Ruining the lives of people so that the red-beaked-spotted-snow-leopard-like owl (fictional creature for those not paying attention) has more habitat is looney. That's like when they outlawed DDT use.........who knows how many people suffer and die from malaria over this.......

Do some research on the environmental movement...the New Age religion rears its ugly head immediately.

Al Gore....intelligent? You gotta be kidding me.......lol...The man's a politician, not a scientist...

He says CO2 level in the atmosphere causes the temperature of the earth to change........yet when you look at the data the CO2 level lags temperature by 400-800 years (so in reality global warming causes higher CO2....wow!)....he is either not that bright or he is disingenuous.....take your pick....I usually give him the benefit of the doubt and say he just doesn't know better. It's a novice mistake to make a graph of CO2 versus temperature and see the straight line and say, "There you go......cause and effect". Any real scientist worth his salt is going to dig deeper and discover the truth....

If you want to call someone stupid, then you ought to do a better job of informing yourself as to science behind an issue that which you are accusing them of being ignorant of.

Warm climatic periods are not always preceded by increases in CO2 concentrations, as other climatic forces can force climate changes as well. However, the trend is very clear. Absent other mitigating factors, such as orbital and or solar variations, increased atmospheric CO2 concentrations results in climatic warming. The causation is basic thermal physics, and the correlation is backed by multiple lines of peer-reviewed evidence.

Now, warm periods can result in higher CO2 lagging the warm periods if those warm periods are the result of orbital variations or solar forcing. This is due to sequestered carbon being released as a result of higher global temps.

Al Gore is trying to raise awareness. He has many positives the Gore haters will always try to "swift-boat" him no matter what he does. I wish they would concentrate their hate on themselves and find out why they are so unhappy. May God heal them of their negativity because it has blinded them. They can't even read that this thread is for the positives of Al.

If you want to call someone stupid, then you ought to do a better job of informing yourself as to science behind an issue that which you are accusing them of being ignorant of.

Warm climatic periods are not always preceded by increases in CO2 concentrations, as other climatic forces can force climate changes as well. However, the trend is very clear. Absent other mitigating factors, such as orbital and or solar variations, increased atmospheric CO2 concentrations results in climatic warming. The causation is basic thermal physics, and the correlation is backed by multiple lines of peer-reviewed evidence.

Now, warm periods can result in higher CO2 lagging the warm periods if those warm periods are the result of orbital variations or solar forcing. This is due to sequestered carbon being released as a result of higher global temps.

Yeah, other things impact global termperature (as a matter of they are what drive the climate of our earth), but I'm talking about huge periods of time...not 10 years....so all the other variations are aliased out.....In other words a large increase of CO2 (over a enormous period of time) never proceeds temperture increases, it always comes afterward...in the whole ice core data set. You get it? Sequestered carbon...you mean like the huge amount in the oceans? Hmm and is the amount of carbon that the oceans can hold dependent on temperature? Do they hold less at high temperature and more with low temperatures?

I never called Al Gore stupid, I only said he has no credentials as a scientist.

Edited by JLW001

Al Gore is trying to raise awareness. He has many positives the Gore haters will always try to "swift-boat" him no matter what he does. I wish they would concentrate their hate on themselves and find out why they are so unhappy. May God heal them of their negativity because it has blinded them. They can't even read that this thread is for the positives of Al.

I have hate and am negative because I don't buy into Al Gore's CO2 driven global warming? o.0

Yeah, other things impact global termperature (as a matter of they are what drive the climate of our earth), but I'm talking about huge periods of time...not 10 years....so all the other variations are aliased out.....In other words a large increase of CO2 (over a enormous period of time) never proceeds temperture increases, it always comes afterward...in the whole ice core data set. You get it? Sequestered carbon...you mean like the huge amount in the oceans? Hmm and is the amount of carbon that the oceans can hold dependent on temperature? Do they hold less at high temperature and more with low temperatures?

I never called Al Gore stupid, I only said he has no credentials as a scientist.

Large increases in CO2 have preceded global temperature increases. That is what you don't seem to get. And while Al Gore is not a scientist, he is talking about largely settled science representing the scientific concensus, and the official statements of ever scientific society with expertise in climate in the industrialized world:

The lag between temperature and CO2. (Gore

CO2 increases have never proceeded temperature increase in any ice core data samples. Look at the data for yourself rather than copying and pasting from certain sites.

CO2 always lags temperature because it takes time for the oceans to respond to temperature changes in the atmosphere and release or take in the carbon....don't take their word for it...look at the data yourself.

If CO2 were causing the current warming trend, then the layer of our atmosphere containg the CO2 should be hottest and it should be convecting or conducting the heat to the rest of the atmosphere.......Guess What? The CO2 containing layers are not warmer than the rest of the atmosphere....they are colder....so how in the world is the CO2 heating the climate? o.0

You see I do have a far bit of scientific training and I looked into the details that the GW proponents were talking about. They are correct in that we are going through a warming spell, but if you look at the sun's cycles and the behavior of clouds you can see why we are warming. CO2 is an indicator of what global temperature was doing in our recent past, it does not drive the climate. Its like saying that my fever has given me the flu, when I know full well that my fever is but a symptom of the flu bug that is at work in my body. Trend does not mean cause and effect.