• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

I'm having trouble seeing men as a faithful species who seek to love their wives and maintain the integrity of marriage. I know this stems from experiences within my own marriage. No matter how good things are and how "good" my husband is (and has definitely learned from his mistake), I cannot shake the thought that the reality is EVERY man out there is currently cheating on his wife or is one week away from doing so. I'll even listen to pastors speaking on any topic, especially marriage, and I will think to myself, "RIGHT. You know you have some young chic in the background that you can't WAIT to get to." I know the enemy has my mind in bondage on this issue and I can't seem to renew my mind here. Thoughts? I'd appreciate both responses to my post and views on the male species from both men and women!! Men, I am not trying to slam you and I really would love to hear what you have to say. :huh: (Btw, those of you who know about my marital struggles, things are truly great and have been that way for a sustained period, praise the Lord!)

mathy :P

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I know there are some pretty careless, unfaithful jerks out there--I've dated some of them--but my husband has really done a lot to restore my belief that there are still good men out there. My husband is always there when I need him, he's excited about becoming a father, he's chivalrous, protective but not overbearing, he's affectionate, kind, devoted...everything I could ever dream of. We have our differences (who doesn't?), but even when we're angry (which doesn't happen often) or frustrated, he still shows love to me.

One thing I will say to all the younger ladies out there who haven't found a husband: WAIT UPON THE LORD to bring you the RIGHT one. If you have ANY nagging doubts, WAIT WAIT WAIT. God knows best.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

You have to re-train your mind. Every time one of those thoughts pop up and you catch yourself, make yourself stop, pray and then make yourself think of at least 3 good things your admire about him. Our minds get stuck in a loop, you have to re-wire it!

Glad things are going so well for you!

Guest Biblicist

Of the men in my life [brother in laws, friends, relations], the majority of them have been faithful to their wives. Even though their wives have not been faithful to them. I think the stereotype goes both ways.

In fact, I have met more unfaithful wives than husbands. Men who loved their wife enough to forgive them and wish they'd come back no matter what they did.

The stories I could tell you. . . :24:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  418
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/13/1965

((((( Mathy ))))) :24:

You have to re-train your mind. Every time one of those thoughts pop up and you catch yourself, make yourself stop, pray and then make yourself think of at least 3 good things your admire about him. Our minds get stuck in a loop, you have to re-wire it!

Glad things are going so well for you!

Thanks for that! :P

mathy

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  07/29/1974

Praying for you Mathy.... to conquer feeling with facts....to trust Truth unstead of lies....for discernment and comfort.......for the chains to be broken and for love to flow again like a spring up from yourt heart. Let God bless the pieces.....:P

Of the men in my life [brother in laws, friends, relations], the majority of them have been faithful to their wives. Even though their wives have not been faithful to them. I think the stereotype goes both ways.

In fact, I have met more unfaithful wives than husbands. Men who loved their wife enough to forgive them and wish they'd come back no matter what they did.

The stories I could tell you. . . ;)

Thanks for sharing that. It's hard to wrap my mind around that but that's why I wanted some male responses to this post. :P

Praying for you Mathy.... to conquer feeling with facts....to trust Truth unstead of lies....for discernment and comfort.......for the chains to be broken and for love to flow again like a spring up from yourt heart. Let God bless the pieces.....:)

:P;):emot-hug: to you carrie dear. Thanks. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/24/1982

It is a lie from hell to say man are same! Man are not the same, yes challenges faced by them may not come at the same time but they are same. However each man has a choice to choose how he respond to that. Now if you mathy have seen or heard man comment or doing what you conclude to as to be the same.

David was a King having every thing he ever needed but he slept with other man's wife. Hosea was a prophet of God who got married to the prosticute even when the prosticute went back to her prosticution Hosea stood by her...

Just one example, are man same?

I would say the majority of men you see or know have mis-represented us from you. We are not the same. :P