IGNORED

Looking for a reason

Guest Biblicist

Afal, :o

I am so glad that you are still with us. :) Don't leave, we need you here.

I think that you overcome those thoughts the same way we all overcome thoughts or actions that cause us pain or suffering. One day, one hour, one minute at a time, with the Lord's help. We can do all things through Christ who gives us strength, and it is when we are weak that he is the strongest!

You can overcome anything because there is no temptation that you face that is not common to man, and when you are tempted God is with you and he is there to give you a way out and give you strength to stand up under it. He knows each step you are taking and each step you need to take, he is the lamp to light your way.

A friend sent me these words of encouragement and I want to share it with you. P.U.S.H. The link will take you right to the story. It helped me, I know it can help you. I can't really say it any better than the story does.

Blessings,

Bib

:24:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

What I want to know is how can I overcome these suicidal thoughts?

I think you're doing it already. :)

You're here. You're asking. You want LIFE.

Afal, my son has experienced some of the same...but not as extreme.

Depression, restlessness, anxiousness... in fact, he had a very adverse reaction to his Adderall late last week and was fired from his job.

He tends to migrate to his darkened, quiet room upstairs away from the world, a place where he feels somewhat secure but yet he gets depressed.

So I continue to challenge him to face his struggles face on. I remind him that he has a lot going for him: education, good health otherwise, parents who love him, great potential... and so on.

Now, what do I suggest? There is one thing that you didn't mention...

Service to others. Often, when we help others, our focus is taken off of ourselves and placed on others. Volunteer. Consider your strengths. There are elderly people in nursing homes who would love a visit. There are inmates in jail who need encouragement. There are sick in hospitals who need someone to pray with them and hold their hand. I make my son come with me into the jail weekly to work with the inmates. :24: It is an eye opener for him...especially when he runs into old high school friends that got in trouble.

Michael quit his Adderall cold turkey (under medical supervision...my wife) and he is doing 1000% better this week. Sometimes the meds... all they do is numb minds and prolong facing struggle.

I am NOT advising that you quit your meds. What I am advising is that you find an avenue of service, consider your blessings and abilities AND never stop praying and talking to God. Hopefully as you regain your health... spiritual, physical and mental... you will be able to stop the meds no longer needing them.

I will continue to pray for you sister. :o

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Thank you so much Bib and Wayne for your encouragement.

:cool:

Thank you so much Bib and Wayne for your encouragement.

:thumbsup:

:)

I have and will continue to remember you in my prayers. :b:

Its not hopeless. I promise you that. I guess I sound like a broken record... :b: ... since I remind my son DAILY! :P

Love in Christ,

wayne

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

One of my problems is that I have the shortest memory in the world and I need to be reminded of these things daily. :)

Broken record or not, I NEED IT!

Thank you!

:thumbsup:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

One of my problems is that I have the shortest memory in the world and I need to be reminded of these things daily. :P

Thank you!

:)

Sometimes it takes our minds longer to accept the truth, than it does our hearts! :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

One of my problems is that I have the shortest memory in the world and I need to be reminded of these things daily. :24:

Thank you!

:24:

Hi Afal,

You are not alone in that problem. :24: We all need a reminder from time to time of why we are here---and that God truly loves us as His precious children. Reading thru this thread was a reminder of how many caring and lovely people there are here at Worthy.........including you.

You are battling depression and despair because you are a sensitive person who experiences life on a deeper level than some. You sound like a sweet, caring individual who's been thru a traumatic experience.

But, Afal, (another reminder) having bad things happen to you does not make you a bad person. :21: Whatever it was must have been awful, and I won't pretend to understand how you must feel. But I do know that you are still beautiful in God's eyes. And no matter what you've been thru, we all love you in Christ Jesus, and are trying to find ways to support you. :24:

The others have given you some wonderful, inspired words; there's little I could add. Maybe just this: ask God to give you a heart of gratitude and the ability to recognize His blessings in the everyday things: this forum, a flower, the young man who holds the door open for you, the elderly woman who shares a smile with you.........simple things that God sends into your day.

Please come visit often, we are your family in Jesus.

Peace,

Fiosh

;)

One of my problems is that I have the shortest memory in the world...

Imagine how much worse it would be if you were a man! :24::21:

Men have the WORST and SHORTEST memories possible...

... at least that's our story and we stick to it! :24::24:

After 28 years of marriage, my wife is convinced of this. ;)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thanks for the advice.

I did go to the pastor and was told that he couldn't help me and I have no family support. These are two of the things that I refer to in my original post.

I am also finding it difficult to hold on to my faith in God.

I have kept you in my prayers. HAve you tried the Bible studies they have in the chat room? Here is a few scriptures that helped me from giving up. Pslams chapter 23, chapter 29, chapter 31, and chapter 32. Proverbs chapter 30, and chater 31:10-31. When studying the Bible I like to put on praise music to set the praise and worship before studying. I pray that the Lord will give you the spirit of discernment, wisdom, and most of all strength. He has never left your side. He is waiting on you to turn to him. I pray many blessings.

Clorisa

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

I have been exactly where you are. I wanted to die so badly and came VERY close twice. My pastor was incapable of helping me because what I was going through was over his head, and he was honest about it. I went to a psychiatrist and was diagnosed severely depressed, which I was. I was put on medication, kicking and screaming, I might add, but God used that to SAVE MY LIFE!!! I know there are many people on here who may be opposed to medication, and they have their reasons, but all I know is that it was God's way of healing me. I was on it for a year and got off and am doing great. That's my story, for what it's worth. I am praying for you because I know the darkness of the place you are in right now. You may feel no one has been where you currently are, but that is not the case. And I know God seems gone (He did to me too), but He is very much with you right this moment, desiring your healing. Depression is serious. Please get help, and see another doctor for goodness' sake!! :thumbsup:

mathy