• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Ephesians I

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavens,

4 as he chose us in him, before the foundation of the world, to be holy and without blemish before him.

I heard a wonderful talk yesterday on this passage.

YOU are a chosen daughter of the Most High God, Afal! He loves you as His own.

God IS Love; and God does not lie.

His word promises you "EVERY spiritual blessing".

He IS giving you the grace you need to get thru each day.

Thank Him.

And look for the "blessing in the thorn".

Peace,

Fiosh

:thumbsup:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

There is healing in "His Wings" and there is "safety" in a multitude of counselors.

Afal, not all the answers given will fit your needs but latch ahold of the counsel that give you the most comfort and help and draw strength from that because it is from the Lord.

The word says that "He will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are stayed on Him" sometimes Afal we just have to still away and get in the presence of the Lord for it's all that we can do and talk to Him alone about our problems for their is none that understands us like He does as he knows the very hairs on our head by number now that's pretty personal if you ask me. He knows you and I that close and we as His children go through life not even realizing that fact and struggle so on our own.

Learning to live in the presence of the Lord (the secret place) day by day and minute by minute has to be learned and it will take patience on your part with yourself so be gentle with yourself and don't beat yourself up cause you aren't there yet as I know the Lord will help and guide you.

loving blessing to you

OC

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I feel too ill to respond to your kind posts.

Sorry!

Just wanted you to know that I have read them and appreciate your time and your thoughts.

:cool:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

:cool: morning little sister :40:

Guest Biblicist

Good morning, Afal.

Don't worry about responding to posts, when you can you do. Just stay, please stay.

Psalm 13

1 How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever?

How long will you hide your face from me?

2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts

and every day have sorrow in my heart?

How long will my enemy triumph over me?

3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.

Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;

4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"

and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love;

my heart rejoices in your salvation.

6 I will sing to the LORD,

for he has been good to me.

:taped: Good morning! :taped:

Do you know Brian Doerksen's song based on that Psalm Bib? It is beautiful!

Who are you, Afal? :39:

Fiosh

:24:

What an interesting question! My first response was 'I am a nobody' but then I thought that that wasn't what you wanted to hear. I am a fun-loving girl who has had her spirit crushed by trauma I guess is a more realistic answer.

My favourite colour is blue - to match my eyes. :taped: I love chocolate and rice - but not together! :24: I don't like animals except snails. I love the way they slide up your arm. I could watch a snail crawl up and down my arm for hours - Don't forget that we all have our own peculiarities! :24: I enjoy reading biographies - especially those where good has triumphed over bad. I don't tend to watch films. I am more interested in non-fiction than fiction. Biographical documentaries are my favourite! :)

What makes me smile? being with friends, being among nature!

What makes me cry? life at the moment

What takes my breath away? beauty in nature - The Canadian Rockies is a good example of this!

I love to watch thunderstorms when I am safe and at a distance. I don't like it when the thunder is overhead. THAT IS TOO CLOSE!!! :39:

Congratulations to anybody who has managed to read all of this without falling asleep from boredom. :taped: Blame Fiosh for asking!!! :););)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

OK - a public apology to everybody. I thought that by being open and honest with you, it would help you to advise me on how to get through my present situation. That is all I wanted.

I am sorry if I have caused offence to anyone. I am genuinely sorry. I really was just looking for help and advice.

Thank you for all of your kind responses!

:taped::taped::24::24::24::););):39::39:

No apology was called fro Afal. We are just trying to help. :)

A few years ago, I had an inmate come up and tell me that he appreciated me being straightforward with him. He said too often other ministers just told them what they thought they wanted to hear but I told them what they needed to hear. He said in their circumstance, they needed to hear the truth. I think that's all we're trying to do...to be helpful.

You're a nice person Afal with a lot to offer the world. The best advice I can think of is focus on the positive things in your life. I teach the men in jail who I minister the same and once they get it, they change. It takes time but put it into practice and you'll see what I mean.

By the way...good morning to ya" (although I think it is afternoon where you live). :)

Thank you Wayne!

Honesty is the best policy. Thank you for helping me by giving straight forward answers!

:taped:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Who are you, Afal? :)

Fiosh

;)

What an interesting question! My first response was 'I am a nobody' but then I thought that that wasn't what you wanted to hear. I am a fun-loving girl who has had her spirit crushed by trauma I guess is a more realistic answer.

My favourite colour is blue - to match my eyes. :taped: I love chocolate and rice - but not together! :24: I don't like animals except snails. I love the way they slide up your arm. I could watch a snail crawl up and down my arm for hours - Don't forget that we all have our own peculiarities! ;) I enjoy reading biographies - especially those where good has triumphed over bad. I don't tend to watch films. I am more interested in non-fiction than fiction. Biographical documentaries are my favourite! ;)

What makes me smile? being with friends, being among nature!

What makes me cry? life at the moment

What takes my breath away? beauty in nature - The Canadian Rockies is a good example of this!

I love to watch thunderstorms when I am safe and at a distance. I don't like it when the thunder is overhead. THAT IS TOO CLOSE!!! :)

Congratulations to anybody who has managed to read all of this without falling asleep form boredom. :taped: Blame Fiosh for asking!!! :39::39::)

Are ya' kidding? Great stuff here. :24:

...but what's this with snails??? :24::)

So what are you reading at the moment? I'm finishing up "War and Remembrance", a historical novel on WWII. I love historical fiction because it puts a historical event in a fictionalized story setting.