• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1955

I wonder if anyone can help me. I am looking for a reason (or reasons) to stay alive.

I know that suicide is wrong, so I am FIGHTING to stay alive. However, the fight is getting harder and harder every day. I am very tired of fighting. I am very tired of being slapped in the face etc and no I am not depressed (so the doctor said today).

I have either lost everything or am in the process of losing everything that has been dear to me. My life is over.

Any advice please?

Afal, please don't give up. i have tried on two occasions to take my life, and there is NOTHING WORTH IT!!!!! Suicide is not the answer. I will pray for strength and guidance for you. God is there for you!!!!! And so are we at Worthy. I am sure there are a lot of prayers going up for you. Hang in there please

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

sister our minds can be a frightening place but ( at least when you are awake ) you are in control....these things will not just go away so you have to learn to refuse to let them hurt you and refuse to dwell on them ...yes MUCH easier said than done but IT CAN BE DONE :huh:

You have all the tools at your disposal...friends who love and pray for you , intelligence to know that this too shall pass, and above all GOD ...the perfect Father who loves you so much no matter what :emot-hug:

Triggers will happen ...when you least expect them ...and they will hurt but it is up to you how much you allow it to hurt ...you KNOW that it is only a memory and that memories cannot physically hurt you ...the devil will use it if he can to get you to hurt and fall...as Bibs says you have to learn to put old hairy legs in his place .. :emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug:

Now about that cup of coffee ....can I have tea please ? weak, no milk and no sugar :thumbsup:

Very well said, Ladypeartree. :thumbsup:

Afal, bad things that happen to you do not make YOU a bad person. I heard a cool analogy once upon a time. Maybe you've heard it too.

Take a $100 bill. Crumple it up......What is it worth?---------One hundred dollars of course!

Roll it in the mud.........what is it worth?---------------Still one hundred dollars!

Throw it on the floor..........step on it..............jump up and down on it even..........what is it worth? ---------STILL $100!

Spit on it, swear at it, dunk it in the toilet even................Yep. Still $100!!!

Now wash it off really well. Iron it. All nice and new. ----Still worth $100

You are like that $100 bill. Life may do awful things to you. But your worth isn't in what happens to you. Your value is in the fact that you are made in the image of God. NOTHING can change that.

What will separate us from the love of Christ? Will anguish, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or the sword?

As it is written: "For your sake we are being slain all the day; we are looked upon as sheep to be slaughtered."

No, in all these things we conquer overwhelmingly through him who loved us.

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, 9 nor future things, nor powers,

nor height, nor depth, 10 nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8: 35-39

Do you know one of the reasons we all love you, Afal? It's because we are all one Body in Christ Jesus.

Peace,

Fiosh

:emot-hug:

Now, go find the waiter, Lady P wants a spot of tea! ;)

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Today has been so awful. I decided to sit down this evening and watch TV - something that I rarely do due to the triggers that I experience when watching TV. There was nothing much on TV to watch, but I channel flicked, just to see if anything caught my eye. :thumbsup:

As I have already said in this thread I enjoy biographical documentaries and I came across one just about to start. It was about a man who committed suicide. :emot-hug: Was I stupid for watching it or did it help to answer some of my questions? :emot-hug: He too had been in a lot of emotional pain before he died.

I still believe that suicide is wrong and I am still fighting to hold on to life - but it hurts so much!

I wish that God would step in and take the pain away. I know that He can. I have been told to give it all to Jesus. How do you do that? I have been told to lay it all at the foot of the cross. How do you do that? These are serious questions. I am so tired - tired of life, tired of carrying all of this pain around with me.

I appreciate everybody's prayers and posts. For some reason you love me enough to do that for me. Thanks :huh: Satan has had a really good go at me today. I feel pretty knocked about.

Bib wrote: "I think you need to learn to say this, out loud. "GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN!" And mean it! " Interestingly, no-one that I can remember has ever suggested this before. Ummm! Does that mean that you think that my illness is spiritual? :emot-hug:

Why is life so hard? - Not just for me but for a lot of other Christians too. I know that God didn't promise us a rose garden, but He did promise us an abundant life. I am still waiting for my abundant life.

Trust and obey

For there's no other way

To be happy in Jesus

But to trust and obey."

Do you know this chorus? It makes it sound so easy - trust and obey. It is as simple as that - or is it? If it is, then I must be doing something wrong. :emot-hug:

OK It is late. I need to get to bed. Please God, let me have a peaceful night without any nightmares.

Good night to you all! :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I don't think the poster was implying that your illness is spiritual. But, Satan does know how to use our weaknesses against us. So we are also fighting a spiritual battle.

Nite, Afal, I'll pray for God to surround you with His angels while you sleep.

Peace,

Fiosh

:huh:

Guest Biblicist

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Today has been so awful. I decided to sit down this evening and watch TV - something that I rarely do due to the triggers that I experience when watching TV. There was nothing much on TV to watch, but I channel flicked, just to see if anything caught my eye. :noidea:

As I have already said in this thread I enjoy biographical documentaries and I came across one just about to start. It was about a man who committed suicide. :huh: Was I stupid for watching it or did it help to answer some of my questions? :noidea: He too had been in a lot of emotional pain before he died.

I still believe that suicide is wrong and I am still fighting to hold on to life - but it hurts so much!

I wish that God would step in and take the pain away. I know that He can. I have been told to give it all to Jesus. How do you do that? I have been told to lay it all at the foot of the cross. How do you do that? These are serious questions. I am so tired - tired of life, tired of carrying all of this pain around with me.

I appreciate everybody's prayers and posts. For some reason you love me enough to do that for me. Thanks :emot-hug: Satan has had a really good go at me today. I feel pretty knocked about.

Bib wrote: "I think you need to learn to say this, out loud. "GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN!" And mean it! " Interestingly, no-one that I can remember has ever suggested this before. Ummm! Does that mean that you think that my illness is spiritual? :noidea:

Why is life so hard? - Not just for me but for a lot of other Christians too. I know that God didn't promise us a rose garden, but He did promise us an abundant life. I am still waiting for my abundant life.

Trust and obey

For there's no other way

To be happy in Jesus

But to trust and obey."

Do you know this chorus? It makes it sound so easy - trust and obey. It is as simple as that - or is it? If it is, then I must be doing something wrong. :huh:

OK It is late. I need to get to bed. Please God, let me have a peaceful night without any nightmares.

Good night to you all! :emot-hug:

"Bib wrote: "I think you need to learn to say this, out loud. "GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN!" And mean it! " Interestingly, no-one that I can remember has ever suggested this before. Ummm! Does that mean that you think that my illness is spiritual? :noidea:"

I said this only in more suttle terms using several Scriptures.

HAZARD Jul 28 2007, 08:25 AM Post #135

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced Member

Member No.: 69

Hi Afal.

Its good to know this and knowing this has helped my through some very difficult times.

God's adversary, and ours, tries to cause people to end their lives by making them think that it is the best way out, but he hides the true fact that this will only be the beginning of real torment. He even dares people to do many things that they would not normany do under ordinay circumstances. He is unprincipled, and takes advantage of people in their weak moments (2 Cor. 2:11; 11:3; Matt. 4:1-11; Luke 22:40).

He uses every conceivable means and method to keep people from God and in subjection to himself. If he fails to do this, he tries to kill the believers testimony and ruin his influence for God. If one falls he tries to cause him to commit suicide or stay fallen.

We are instructed to put on the whole armour of God (Eph. 6:11-18), and know his devices (2 Cor. 2:11); AND GIVE HIM NO PLACE (Eph 4:27); and resist him (James 4:7). "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

Overcome him by the Word (Matt. 4:1-11; 1 John 2:14), by Christ and His Name (Eph. 1:19-22; 2:6; 2 Cor. 2:15), and by the Holy Spirit (Rom. 8:1-13; Gal. 5:16-26).

Never ever give in to him.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Thank you to you all :whistling:

It is a beautiful summer's day here and I should be feeling great - but I'm not! I just want to go back to bed and hide under the bedclothes for EVER! Nobody will miss me - well, not until the end of August when I have my next appointment with the doctor!

Thank you for your kindness and have a good day :th_praying: ... I'm off back to bed to hide away from life. :emot-hug:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

:rolleyes: Get up little sister, praise God and the day He has given you! :laugh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  241
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  04/27/1962

Hiding under the covers never does anyone a bit of good....

....but....there is a hiding place that we all can run to!

Psalms 32:7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

Psalms 119:114 Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.

In JESUS NAME, take up your bed, and be healed...it is time for you to dive into HIS PRESENCE. :rolleyes::laugh: