• Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Bless ya and Grace , Peace, and Love in Christ Jesus,

Love ya bro Gary. :il:

To tithe or not to Tithe?

HMMM?

There is a brother in my Church that feels its pointless and will tell you why.

You see it all belongs to God anyway. :t2:

So Love the Lord God with all your heart ,soul, and strength!

He disagrees with the principle. For you see if the Lord has need of your car on Sunday morning to pick up the lost then you better make your tithe.

If the Lord has need of the Fried Chicken and the Apple Pie you thought you were eating Sunday night? Then you better take it over to the shut in neighbor or wherever else He desires and Tithe your meal and your fast.

If the Lord has need of your donkey? You better loose Him so He can ride into Jerusalem! Amen! :oww:

If the Lord has need of the upper room for His Last Supper. You better Tithe it!

If the Lord has need of annointing then you better find that precious box filled with oil that is worth more than a years wages. You'd better break it open and pour it out. You'd better Tithe the very filling of that precious vessel!

Oh I could go on but that would be redundant!

One more? If you were a silly Disciple and you stated that your master would pay the Temple tax? Even though he was the Lord of the Temple? You'd better Tithe your pride and go fishing! :oww:

Peace,

Dave

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shadow2b
- Bless ya and Grace , Peace, and Love in Christ Jesus,

Love ya bro Gary. 

To tithe or not to Tithe?

HMMM?

-ME think-eth-brother Dave has run his train off the track--somewhattrain.giftrainengine.gifanitrain1.gifanitrain.gifyupp-plumm offa tha trakks--Brother Dave aint yuse a-shay-med??no trane drivin license---tsk-tsk-tsk-

-If the Lord has need of the Fried Chicken and the Apple Pie you thought you were eating Sunday night?

-mmmmmm--mmmmm-fried-chicken & apple- pie-- mah fave-O-right-- :D:t2: --Brother Dave izsa ye bringyn supper sunday nighyt??--ohhh ye of LiLL faiyth??how long shall i supper with ye?? :t2:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  698
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Tithing is for the Jewish folk.

Giving is for the child of G-D.

Right now I am just getting by when it comes to having a roof over my head, walls to keep out the wind, heat to keep me warm, and food to be eaten.

I haven't gone dumpster diving in quite some time.

After my knee surgery, I will have more money coming in and then I will beable to give, as in money.

I believe we give everyday, a smile, a kind thought, a helping hand, and a silent prayer.

Snowdoove

Guest Bride of Christ

My husband and I are barely getting by according to most peoples standards. I do not work anymore at all. We have a 12 wk old baby. He works. Gets about 30 hours a week right now at $5.50 an hour.

When he gets his paycheck every 2 weeks, we first set aside at least 10%. That is first and foremost. Giving God what is His.

All of our bills, Praise the LAMB, are ALWAYS paid for...on time! We never go without a meal in our bellies and our daughter NEVER goes without anything.

Why? Well, I believe it is because we are faithful and give God what is His.

Tithes and offering is not just for the Jewish. It is for all the Children of God.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mjohn

:laugh: I am all for tithing....and offerings...

And, I do not agree with the Law blah-blah-blah I have read here...

I have experienced great things from God through Tithing and offerings...

And, Give Him all the Praise and Glory...

I have had people take advantage of me...and try to deceive me...financially and Through it All God Protected Me and Blessed Me with Total Health and Life...

Me and my family...and Blessing and Favor everywhere I Go...

Let me tell you I am not going to throw away the Old Testement...

Because someone doesnot agree with God's Law...

For God's Laws work and I am responsible for the Truth in The Word which I do understand...Thank God I am no longer on the milk and on to the Meat...

Many I see are missing out for God has MORE For ALL who will look to HIM and believe on HIS WORD...

Standing Tall In the Favor Of God....Michael John and Family... :P) :)

Guest mjohn

Bride of Christ...

You are so right .... AMEN SISTER...

Keep up the good work and keep sharing in.

Ps. 107:2

Let the redeemed of the Lord say So....... :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

When you walk in true "freedom" of the Lord you look at tithing in a whole new way.

You don't think, "Oh, I need to tithe my ten percent"...instead you want to give as much as you can..sometimes you give every cent in your pocket. Sometimes you give 20 percent or 40 percent or more...it's not a matter of percent.

You listen to the HS speak and He directs you how to give. Ten percent, IMO, is the bare minimum to give.

I don't even keep count...my attitude is God can have all He wants and desires and I take pleasure in giving Him whatever He asks of me.

It's simply a privilege. The Law says it's a "duty"...and I'm not under the Law.

The Freedom in Christ says give all you have and give it joyfully....and what I found is when you do that with the right MOTIVE (*NOT to get something in return)...God just pours out the windows of heaven and it's more than you can contain. Then you're crying out to God, "PLease, Lord...enough, enough! Where do you want me to give this blessing! It's more than I can handle!"

Well, that's my experience. I made up my mind that if God wants my only car, it's his. If He wants my only house, it's His. If He wants the last dime in my wallet, it's His...I don't have anything ...it's all His and I delight in giving Him all of it.

Problem is...when I think like that, everywhere I turn, He's pouring so many blessings into my lap, I have to pray and search for where I can give it.

That's the gift of "giving"....it's an annointing where you have no fear of giving whatever you have, you delight in doing it, it's never a duty or obligation...but an enormous pleasure and honor...and you can't do enough for the Lord...it's just awesome!

God always blesses the generous person and his or her children never beg for bread.

I have to really look for ways to bless others.

PROBLEM ENTITY: It can be a real serious problem if your spouse is not on the "same page" as you. Then you get into serious problems there...when they are counting the 10 percent to the penny and you're wanting to give all you have to the Lord....

Anyway, you do what you can and hope the Lord moves in the heart of your spouse.

Guest mjohn

Cats Meow...

I totally agree with your giving and when I was married...my spouse was not on the same page...Thank God I am single again...and not in a relationship where one is not interested in giving...I remember one time when this lady had some folding money...and so what do you suppose she thought of spending it on?

A big black hat...for herself...

This saddened my heart...and as a medical missionary...she had to know that I had a heart for missions...she is a native Jamaican...who grow up poor...inter-island in western Jamaica...

But, I thank God that through the relationship with her...

God provided a family for me and my boys and an extended family in the rural areas of Jamaica...and total exceptance of the native people...where I am welcome whenever I can come ... I do not even have to ask...just show-up and they are Blessed to see me...I visited with my oldest son Micah-17 last March and brought 4 suitcases of clothes, school supplies...etc...

more later... :b:)

The Bottom line is you can not outgive God...He will Bless above and beyond all you can dream of...and God also give you favor...to the extreme... :b:) :duh::D

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

It's all about attitude...we give in joy and jubilance...it's a pleasure and an honor.

You give because it's a cheerful endeavor...the more the better..

You can give so many ways, too...you can give to the poor; you can bring a "goodie basket" to a sick neighbor, filled with Vitamic C, orange juice, hot chicken noodle soup & those little oyster crackers, a bowl, spoon, towel and some cough drops...along with a loving note to "Get Well"...

You set it on their doorstep and when they step outside, they marvel at the lovely basket of care on their doorstep...Who, oh, who....cared enough to do this?

Well, that's one little thing you can do.

You can do another love basket for friend who's depressed. Or you can find ways to help a friend who's sick, disabled, under the weather, depressed, newly widowed, new mother having after birth blues, or any number of things that lift people up...

Then there's witnessing; then there's praying; then there's sending a lovely bouquet of flowers to someone who's going through a hard time in their life...or heck...the sky's the limit.

There's so many way to love people and encourage them. So many ways.

I remember how I'd been sick lately and the sweet, little Cuban lady across the street who doesn't speak English made a big ol' pot of hot chicken soup for me; she knew I'd been ill.

Now, that sweet little angel is Catholic and may not think like evangelicals but you can't tell me she'd doesn't have the Holy Spirit in her. Everyweek, her lady friends from Cuba come over in the morning and have prayer meeting. She hurries over to tell me they are all praying for me so I'll get well.

Tell me that's not love? Tell me that's not the Spirit of the Lord?

Frankly, I don't give a flip if a person is Catholic or Methodist...if the fruit is sweet and flowing...I know who they belong to.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  862
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

See Cats I totally agree with you in every respect. I love to give that is my heart and like you said the more the better. We give our tithe offering and I bake or buy morning tea for all the kids in church which can be from 60-80 kids each week. Not because we feel we have to but because we want to and when we don't have the money come in it's not the not getting that is the problem for me it's the not being able to give.

We again after years of this are at a point of struggle where no money is coming in because people aren't paying Hubby for the work he has done. The money is there but we have to wat for it to come in. We do alright but it is a really hard battle, never any miraculous breakthroughs or blessings just hard slog trying to see it through.

We had someone in the church recently who owed us money not pay for some time even though they could, just were too busy to think about it or return calls when we kept asking for it. Then when they still hadn't paid I heard they won an award and some prize money. These people work really hard and really really deserved it. They give out where they can at church and to others but seem to be lax in paying some bills. Problem is the same morning I heard that I was in a meeting with the lady who owed us and I didn't know she went to this particular group, I had already planed to explain our stuation of no one payin their bills and ask for prayer but felt I couldn't because she was there and didn't want to put pressure on. I left that meeting feeling empty and somewhat resentful which I shouldn't. They have doen fantastic in business and deserve everything handed to them, they are faithful and giving but that morning I couldn't help thinking what about us Lord I wanted to ask for prayer and couldn't even do that because of this situation.

For years every day that is a struggle an pray things end up getting far worse imediatly.

What are we doing so wrong. All we want to do is give the more the better and yet our family is falling apart because of the day to day tention and struggle. We have made mistakes but we always struggle out of it and pay every last bit of consiquenses thousands of dollars literally in over due fees and overdraft fees each year simply because people don't pay. It is the only area he says test me and we have and are and I will never never stop tithing or giving but where is God forus and doI have to have a break down befor he really steps in because that is where I am headed. I can't cope with my kids, be civil to Hubby or concertrate on my studies to get working myself because enough is enough.