:rolleyes:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest glorytothelord

This is one window that always needs to STAY OPEN. When

you think of the number of people who with the help of both

bibles and backed up with prayer, could learn about the Lord.This is where tithes and offerings are badly needed. Also, mission stations to help the people to learn to read. We don't

know how lucky we are with what we have and know !

Blessings,

Glory.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Glory: Great post and amen! :cool:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  862
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

You know when I put this post up I had written about the struggles Hubby and I were going through. When I had no replys I went to deleate the post but didn't know how and just scrubbed everything I wrote and put the :cool: Cause we are at the point of where do we turn. My little saying was the only thing left and cause that is always there I forgot about it.

When I saw a couple of people had replied I came back to see what they could have said to

:D

God answered the question on my heart with my own saying!!!

You two replying made me come back here and see staring me in the face He has just closed a door in our finances and throughout today He opened a window we were not expecting.

God is so great.

Guest shadow2b
-You know when I put this post up I had written about the struggles Hubby and I were going through. When I had no replys I went to deleate the post but didn't know how and just scrubbed everything I wrote and put the  Cause we are at the point of where do we turn. My little saying was the only thing left and cause that is always there I forgot about it.

-awwwwwwwww ROSE-----WhuTt wuzz{IZS} tha name ova tha thread??When did ya start it??

-Why did yuu want to delete yo post??? :D:D:D ---oooopppsssss----jes read tha title---Sorry I

-didn't want to get inta a debate bout {tithes & offerings}I quite often o-ffend folkses when

-discussin tithes..... NOT intentionally but jes cuzz ova tha teachin I put up on-em..... :D:D

-GOD-BLESS-----------------Gary-- :D:D:cool:

I quite often o-ffend folkses when

-discussin tithes..... NOT intentionally but jes cuzz ova tha teachin I put up on-em..... :D:D

-GOD-BLESS-----------------Gary-- :D:D:cool:

Hey Gary

The thread began with me or Hubby and I feeling realy lost cause we do tithe, believe whole heartedly you can't afford not to give and we give where ever we feel God whants us to. We love to bless people with a good meal and conversation as well.

We have had word after word spoken over us about prosperity through our business by visiting Pastors we don't know and those that do know us and it seems the more we give the harder things get in business and every time we feel like we're just about to break through the walls come crashing down again through people not paying for the work we've done, people going bankrupt that owe us money, basically everything out of our control. We pray together and tithe and hold on to Gods promises. But we feel some what at the end of it after 6 years.

Last week we had a great business offer come up that we thought might be taking us into a new way of life and we asked God to either open the door wide or close it quickly. He closed it very quickly. Within 48 hours.

But then this week no body paid again until today, we had money come in at the end of the day that we were not expecting at all. Sorry we did have some money come in and I used it for our tithe, give to God first.

We do alright and I am truley thankful God does provide but we have to continually struggle to get work paid for. Just the way it is for plumbers and gasfitters ( any trades person really ) in Australia.

We pray for guidance and wisdom and there is no other way that we can structure things to make it easier than getting blood from a stone. My problem today was that we tithe and give so much more than that as well and what hurts so much is I don't want money to come in to have money, we have had words spoken that we will be able to bless others through the prosperity of our business and so many I can't discount them. But even more so than that we both have that conviction and desire to give to others abundantly. To open our home and bless others with hospitality. God has blessed me with the ability to cook and I love to use it to bless others.

How do you continue to hold on to those promises when you feel like you are at the end. I know what both of us feel God is saying to us about giving and the words that have been spoken over us are right but when you've been trying to get through for so long how do you keep going.

How do you give with out expecting to receive when this is the only area God says try me and yet also give freely.

Hope you understand what I am trying to say Gary.

I think I'm probibly answering my own questions as I go which is what happened earlier today with this post.

Well it's 10:50 pm here and I was up at 5:00am so I think it is bed time.

Have a good day Gary. You're such a blessing. :D

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Bless you GymRose.

I'm sorry none of us replied. Maybe we didn't know what to say and had nothing to offer you.

Regardless, it sounds like from your last post that the One who matters answered.

God is Great...and sometimes he speaks to us in a whisper.

Blessings,

Wayne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

GymRose,

My views have certainly changed in regards to tithing, however, I still believe in giving to God and giving generously if we can. We went through some great financial struggles ourself, but God was faithful each and every day to provide our needs. He was even gracious enough to supply some non-needs along the way also! Sometimes, God uses the lean times to change our outlook. When I first came back to the Lord, I thought very little of plunking down $50 to buy something on eBay or spending $15 or $20 at some thrift store or flea market. Never mind that money needed to be saved or anything, just spend! God let us go through some lean times and while I believe God expects us to have some enjoyment within reason, the lean times can not only teach us to handle money wisely, but to also appreciate it more when it comes in. Hank Williams sang a song entitled "Wait For the Light to Shine" in which part of the lyrics say this-

Don't forget it's darkest just before the break of dawn...

Hold on! The night is almost over and the day is coming!!!! Satan would have you give up, but don't!

Thanks guys I really appriciate your prayes, both hubby and I do?

I know at the moment it is wisdom that we need more than anything and faith to hold onto God and continue doing the right thing with finance in the way of tithing. Somedays ya just get stuck for that trust to kick in and keep doing what ya know is right. Ya wonder if it is the right thing to do. Head knowledge versus heart knowledge.

God does provide all our needs for which I am truley greatful.

Thanks Heaps