Eddie B

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

I DO NOT believe however, that today's church is set up properly, mainly due to the highlighted portion above. I do not believe that even in the churches that DO have appointed elders, that those churches have followed the PROPER instructions about who is eligible to be an elder.

Shalom Suzanne,

That's a big honkin' negative and inaccurate generality. I hate generalities.

You obviously haven't been in my church, which DOES do it Biblically. And we defy the generalities.

Well, then I guess you have nothin to worry about, do you?

Shalom Suzanne?

Huh? Not a gracious reply. Who said I was worried about anything?

I was pointing out the flaws in your generality with an actual live example.

I see you post such negative stuff about the church and I wanted to show that is not ALWAYS the case. There are plenty good, balanced Biblical churches out there, mine is one shining example.

I would like to ask, in regard to the church in this nation as a whole, would you say, is it changing the world, OR is the world changing the church?

The church is the Body of Messiah and YES I see the L-rd Jesus changing the World, one life at a time through His people and the Holy Spirit!

Yes, that was a generality. And even God addresses the condition of the WHOLE lump. To do otherwise is to bury our heads in the sand.

No way. You cannot make this type of generality and be accurate. Can you please back this up with Scripture???

Personally, I see you making blanket statements that have nothing to do with the truth.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Every Church I remember being to has had more than one pastor. Sure they have the senior pastors who run the church. But in almost every church you find today you have pastors, youth pastors, senior pastors, and childrens ministries. Which are usually led by yet another pastor.

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Barna Research has stated that 85% of Americans claim to be Christians................So, can you tell me why this nation is infatuated with movies and television about sex and killing? Surely, these aren't those who follow Christ who are entertained by the likes of Desperate Housewives and Saw? The divorce rate is now higher in the church than outside of the church.

The adult film industry is also exploding in America too (in 2006 it was a $13,000,000,000.00 industry) so where is the impact of the church today? Something isn't adding up with regard to the rampant church growth movement, and the moral compass of our society.

Why is that?

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Because the people in the churches see nothing wrong with a "little nudity".

Barna Research has stated that 85% of Americans claim to be Christians................So, can you tell me why this nation is infatuated with movies and television about sex and killing? Surely, these aren't those who follow Christ who are entertained by the likes of Desperate Housewives and Saw? The divorce rate is now higher in the church than outside of the church.

The adult film industry is also exploding in America too (in 2006 it was a $13,000,000,000.00 industry) so where is the impact of the church today? Something isn't adding up with regard to the rampant church growth movement, and the moral compass of our society.

Why is that?

In His Love,

Suzanne

Shalom Suzanne,

Are these the SCRIPTURES I asked for? :24: This has nothing to do with the Church of G-d making an impact!

How about these:

Matthew 19

26But Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Matthew 17

2He said to them, "Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."

Matthew 21

21And Jesus answered them, "Truly, I say to you,if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain,'Be taken up and thrown into the sea,' it will happen. 22And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.

Romans 1

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, "The righteous shall live by faith."

1 Corinthians 2

5 that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

2 Corinthians 5

7for we walk by faith, not by sight.

Hebrews 11

1Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

Shalom None,

And just WHAT "churches" are you talking about? Certainly not the ones I know of.

Again, more inaccurate generalities.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Shalom None,

And just WHAT "churches" are you talking about? Certainly not the ones I know of.

I'm speaking of just about everyone I know who claims to be a Christian and does go to church.

I can't find anyone on my side on this issue. None of my friends and none of my family.

Everyone I know believes it's ok to view a "small sex scene" in a movie from time to time...

And, it's irrelevant...sorry I butted in...

Do you know why God sent the prophets to speak to Israel, Vickilynn?

Jeremiah 6:10 To whom can I speak and give warning? Who will listen to me? Their ears are closed so they cannot hear. The word of the Lord is offensive to them; they find no pleasure in it. 11 But I am full of the wrath of the Lord, and I cannot hold it in. 12 Their houses will be turned over to others, together with their fields and their wives, when I stretch out my hand against those who live in the land," declares the Lord. 13 "From the least to the greatest, all are greedy for gain; prophets and priests alike, all practice deceit. 14 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. 'Peace, peace,' they say, when there is no peace. 15 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when I punish them," says the Lord. 16 This is what the Lord says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. But you said, 'We will not walk in it.' 17 I appointed watchmen over you and said, 'Listen to the sound of the trumpet!' But you said, 'We will not listen.'

Jeremiah 8:4 "Say to them, 'This is what the Lord says: "'When men fall down, do they not get up? When a man turns away, does he not return? 5 Why then have these people turned away? Why does Jerusalem always turn away? They cling to deceit; they refuse to return. 6 I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. No one repents of his wickedness, saying, "What have I done?" Each pursues his own course like a horse charging into battle. 7 Even the stork in the sky knows her appointed seasons, and the dove, the swift and the thrush observe the time of their migration. But my people do not know the requirements of the Lord. 8 "'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the Lord," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? 9 The wise will be put to shame; they will be dismayed and trapped. Since they have rejected the word of the Lord, what kind of wisdom do they have? 10 Therefore I will give their wives to other men and their fields to new owners. From the least to the greatest, all are greedy for gain; prophets and priests alike, all practice deceit. 11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. "Peace, peace," they say, when there is no peace. 12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the Lord.

13 "'I will take away their harvest, declares the Lord. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'" 14 "Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the Lord our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him. 15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror. 16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there." 17 "See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you," declares the Lord. 18 O my Comforter in sorrow, my heart is faint within me. 19 Listen to the cry of my people from a land far away: "Is the Lord not in Zion? Is her King no longer there?" 20 "The harvest is past, the summer has ended, and we are not saved." 21 Since my people are crushed, I am crushed; I mourn, and horror grips me. 22 Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then is there no healing for the wound of my people?

In His Love,

Suzanne

Shalom None,

I guess you missed the post on the statistics of Americans claiming to be Christian, and the fruit of this nation. You have noticed that the fruit is a bit rotten, haven't you? But, the church does not want to acknowledge that there may be a problem, because it is full of hypocrisy.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Shalom None,

I guess you missed the post on the statistics of Americans claiming to be Christian, and the fruit of this nation. You have noticed that the fruit is a bit rotten, haven't you? But, the church does not want to acknowledge that there may be a problem, because it is full of hypocrisy.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Shalom Suzanne,

No, I saw your post and replied with SCRIPTURE. I asked you to post Scripture in support of you painting the Body Of Messiah as all rotten. It just is not true. You have a very twisted view of the Church. Statistics means nothing. Why don't you read the Scriptures I posted?

You use the term "the church" as a condemnation and nothing could be further from the truth. The church is the Body of Messiah, serving Him, preaching the Gospel to every nation, every tongue, walking out His commands.