• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/03/1951

A ? for all who can give a biblacal anwser from N.T. on should Churches today have only one pastor or more than one pastor ruling in congragations of 25 or more?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Probably not the answer your looking for but;

Matthew 18:20

For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.

Matthew 23:8-10

8"But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have only one Master and you are all brothers. 9And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10Nor are you to be called 'teacher,' for you have one Teacher, the Christ.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/27/1964

A ? for all who can give a biblacal anwser from N.T. on should Churches today have only one pastor or more than one pastor ruling in congragations of 25 or more?

I'm a pastor who has pastored large churches and small churches over the years. I have been a solo pastor and have had several pastors under me. The NT is silent on this. Every church has different needs and I would say that since the Bible is silent on this issue, we (church members and leaders) can exercise prayerful discretion on the best way to meet those needs.

I'm a pastor who has pastored large churches and small churches over the years. I have been a solo pastor and have had several pastors under me. The NAT is silent on this. Every church has different needs and I would say that since the Bible is silent on this issue, we (church members and leaders) can exercise prayerful discretion on the best way to meet those needs.

Thank you for your reply Mike.

I have always been in a one ruling pastor church for many years, but recently this ? was raised in my mind when reading in Titus 1:5 it says to ordain elders not elder in every city.This caused me to search through the N.T. scriptures and it always says elders for a church not elder.My Pastor said what you said, but the N.T. isn't silent on this thats why i asks the ? here to try and get a clearer biblical anwser.

Probably not the answer your looking for but;

Matthew 18:20

For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.

Matthew 23:8-10

8"But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have only one Master and you are all brothers. 9And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10Nor are you to be called 'teacher,' for you have one Teacher, the Christ.

Thank you trying a biblical anwser. War on error, like that post name, keep trying, look up elder and elders in NT and see what you come up with.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I'm a pastor who has pastored large churches and small churches over the years. I have been a solo pastor and have had several pastors under me. The NT is silent on this. Every church has different needs and I would say that since the Bible is silent on this issue, we (church members and leaders) can exercise prayerful discretion on the best way to meet those needs.

Agreed

Agreed

PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS VERSE AND ALL THE OTHER VERSES THAT REFER TO MORE THAN ONE ELDER RULING IN A CHURCH.

I have always been in a one ruling pastor church for many years, but recently this ? was raised in my mind when reading in Titus 1:5 it says to ordain elders not elder in every city.This caused me to search through the N.T. scriptures and it always says elders for a church not elder.My Pastor said what you said, but the N.T. isn't silent on this thats why i asks the ? here to try and get a clearer biblical anwser

Guest onthisrock

Ruling the congragation? I just don't understand this. Where is the authority to decide this issue? Who is to say whether you have 1 pastor or 5? Is this why there are over 25,000 portestant denominations?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

The Bible teaches a plurality of elders and it is definitely not silent on this. If you read thru Acts and the church dealings, they never address letters to a pastor and the deacons, but to the elders of a church. I believe it is clear Scripturally that there are to be several men in leadership.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Ruling the congregation? I just don't understand this. Where is the authority to decide this issue? Who is to say whether you have 1 pastor or 5? Is this why there are over 25,000 protestant denominations?

Welcome to Worthy!

I agree, there should not be one pastor but 2-5 at least, per congregation. One pastor leading everyone gives an open door to several consuming sins for him to battle with, it's for his own good AND the congregation.