Observer of dreams

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  314
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Why is it that so many say Jesus is the way, yet they follow their own path to truth? Jesus didn't command us to separate into so many religious factions, and he certainly didn't command us to ignore anything that we weren't raised to believe. Why is it that we cannot look at other religions and learn from them. To me it seems very closed minded and ignorant.

An example is Paganism. Paganism on it's face is bad. Yet if you read into you find that they follow the same traditions of love that Christians follow. They call God by different names, but if there is only one God than aren't they still worshiping that god? You don't have to convert to paganism to take certain things from it.

The way of the toltec Indians is another example. They believe we are all luminous beings and that when we die our energy goes to a central point that is invisible to most normal men. They believe they can reach a level of awareness that allows them to see these luminous beings. Couldn't we look to this and instead call them souls? and that getting closer to God gives us the ability to actually see ones soul? Jesus certainly could. He could read thoughts and do things we say are impossible now. Why do we try and stop ourselves? we can walk on water and Jesus says we can.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I clearly hear the positive side of the hope in our calling. Through our divisions we affirm that Jesus is Lord, and that there is no other way to the Father, but through Him. Our faith will be tested. It is a part of life. Therefore we forge forward with all the boldness that our testimony will allow. And to make sure that we discern the evils of the stumbling blocks of occassion, and by God's grace be able to overcome them.

Eze 9:10 And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, [but] I will recompense their way upon their head.

Everlasting,

Bible Inspired Author

:noidea:

Moon over Key Biscayne

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/25/1976

Paganism is not only wrong on it's face. It is a false religion filled with idolatry and witchcraft.

Praying to god and goddess, and doing what you want as long as it harms no one else sound great to our evil flesh. The problem is it is the path straight to eternal separation from God.

God is pretty close-minded when it comes to worshipping false gods, and the like.

Edited by chrisb

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Why is it that so many say Jesus is the way, yet they follow their own path to truth?
Because many profess to be Christians that are not.

They call God by different names, but if there is only one God than aren't they still worshiping that god?
Why does God say, "You shall have no other gods before me."

There is no salvation in Traditions.

JB

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

You are so right! I've been on about this for a while after I took a World Religions course at my school, it really opens your eyes to different ways of worship and such. Particularily the other Abrahamic faiths like Islam. I think prayer five times a day is an awesome idea. The best way to learn from these religions though is to actually go to a mosque/synagogue/temple and see how they worship.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

When the blind lead the blind....

Amen! When we begin to believe that the Lord put paganism, or Islam or scientology or whatever, on the earth for us to explore.....that's when we need to stop and realize that the devil puts these false idealogies in our path to lead us away from God. He told us that He is the Way, the only Way to the Father. And He meant it. :)

When the blind lead the blind....

Amen! When we begin to believe that the Lord put paganism, or Islam or scientology or whatever, on the earth for us to explore.....that's when we need to stop and realize that the devil puts these false idealogies in our path to lead us away from God. He told us that He is the Way, the only Way to the Father. And He meant it. :24:

He put Judaism into the world, and then came Jesus to set things straight. Islam is but a branch of Judaism who follow the same prophets as both Judaism and Chrisitanity, but believe that God revealed the Koran to Muhammmad through the angel Gabriel, and they also reject the trinity. Sure, the very fundamentals of these religions are very different, but I don't understand how you can say that these religions lead us away from God. In my World Religions class at school I feel that I grew in my relationship with God by learning of new ways to worship God from the perspective of different traditions and how they worship God.

And I do believe that Christ is forming in me. And I also pray that Christ's love flows from me to others as well. And since Christ is in my heart, is it not foolish to look blindly at the world around me? Why is it a sin to pray five times a day, with billions of other people shoulder to shoulder in reverence towards God (Islam)? To sit in a tent with a blazing fire, getting so hot that you start to question: is anyone looking out for me (First Nations Spirituality)? I do not understand, why is that sin? It is so near to what Christians do. And as long as I pray to my one God, I believe that it is worship and I come closer to God because of it.

And I do believe that Christ is forming in me. And I also pray that Christ's love flows from me to others as well. And since Christ is in my heart, is it not foolish to look blindly at the world around me? Why is it a sin to pray five times a day, with billions of other people shoulder to shoulder in reverence towards God (Islam)? To sit in a tent with a blazing fire, getting so hot that you start to question: is anyone looking out for me (First Nations Spirituality)? I do not understand, why is that sin? It is so near to what Christians do. And as long as I pray to my one God, I believe that it is worship and I come closer to God because of it.

It's not a sin to pray five times a day, Inelosi. But it IS a sin to pray to allah, the reconstituted moon god that Muslims worship, because they are not praying to the one true God. World religion study is fine as long as one realizes that Islam is not a religion; it is a cult. As for Hinduism, Buddhism, etc., they are probably religions, in the sense that millions follow their doctrines, but they are not of God. Rather than being blind to the world we need to have our eyes wide open and recognize that there isn't a multitude of ways to eternal life, my friend. There is only one. :emot-heartbeat:

[quote name='ruck1b' date='Jul 22 2007, 09:31 AM' post='924015'

No one said it was a sin to pray 5 times a day. In all reality the we are told to PRAY WITHOUT CEASING. Prayer is like breathing. I think your considerations are more about what other 'religions' do than WHO they are for. Just because someone calls Jesus a prophet or whatever does not mean anything. Jesus is Lord, He is Savior of the world, He is the Lamb of God, He is the righteous Judge, He is God.

Not to mention He is the Door, and anyone who does not go thru the Door, to get on the Way...is a thief. It is only thru Christ that we have fellowship with God. It seems as if you have many complaints towards us. I think that you should take these up with God. Ask Him with an honest heart these questions. Then allow Him to let you know the answer. Go to His Word, and if He sends a messenger, be careful not to reject him/her. I pray the eyes of your understanding are enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints.