• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Ive read almost all of them you could ever name, and found some interesting, most endlessly boring and tedious, and all LACKING!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

I didn't think they were all boring, I found them insightful to that time period's way of thinking.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I didn't think they were all boring, I found them insightful to that time period's way of thinking.

Well, they ARE that: Period pieces. They give an insight into how SOME people of that time period were thinking, at least.............

Without darkness, how can one see the light?

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I have read the book of Enoch and it blessed my heart. I have also read the Apocryphal books and I must say that when one reads these book one must read with his heart.

I can say that my research has told me that the book of Esdres or Esdras were actually written by Ezra but I wouldn't state that as a teachable fact. But I will say that the books of Esdras state that he was taken up by God. So I searched the book of Ezra for a record of his death and found that there was no biblical record of the death of Ezra. Interesting isn't it? Most people don't know it but even the book of Hebrews was removed and reincerted into the new testament over the last 1500 years more then a few times.

There are also 6 books mentioned in the bible that are not in the bible. That to is interesting isn't it?

Jude knew the words of Enoch and it could only be from reading the book(s) of Enoch.

It makes me sad that even Christians today are afraid to read outside of the 66 books as God's truth. I don't know why Enoch wasn't added in there, Esther was added, why not Enoch? Jude was added and HE liked Enoch...why would they keep it hidden? :emot-hug:

Of course, Thomas is entirely different..."God eats men"... :emot-hug:

I didn't like that book too much either.

Jude knew the words of Enoch and it could only be from reading the book(s) of Enoch.

It makes me sad that even Christians today are afraid to read outside of the 66 books as God's truth. I don't know why Enoch wasn't added in there, Esther was added, why not Enoch? Jude was added and HE liked Enoch...why would they keep it hidden? :blink:

Of course, Thomas is entirely different..."God eats men"... :blink:

The reason why many books were left out of the bible is because King James in all of his self supposed wisdom saw fit to leave them out. Some of those books should have been left out. But there are many books such as the book of Judith, The two books of Esdras, the Maccabees and so on that are good books. There are other books such as the book of Adam and Eve which are plum evil and should not be read for any reason.

King James gathered a group of scholars together and ask them to decide which books were spiritually moving and which books were not. Unfortunatly those scholars were a mocho bunch and were influenced by some of the doctrinal beliefs of their day both false and scriptural. Which is why I believe the book of Judith was left out. It is about a virtuous woman whom God used to save Isreal from an Assyrian army by seducing (not sexually) and cutting off the head of the Assyrian general.

I think that the reason the book of Enoch was left out of the bible because he spoke alot in great detail about the fallen angels. Which are unbelievable to most Christians. He even spoke about how their "prevy parts" were as big as those of horses.

We as Lovers of Christ must alway keep an opened mind to the things of God.

It is good to see that you are willing to explore.

Robert

It makes me sad that even Christians today are afraid to read outside of the 66 books as God's truth. I don't know why Enoch wasn't added in there, Esther was added, why not Enoch? Jude was added and HE liked Enoch...why would they keep it hidden? :blink:

Of course, Thomas is entirely different..."God eats men"... :blink:

The reason why many books were left out of the bible is because King James in all of his self supposed wisdom saw fit to leave them out. Some of those books should have been left out. But there are many books such as the book of Judith, The two books of Esdras, the Maccabees and so on that are good books. There are other books such as the book of Adam and Eve which are plum evil and should not be read for any reason.

King James gathered a group of scholars together and ask them to decide which books were spiritually moving and which books were not. Unfortunatly those scholars were a mocho bunch and were influenced by some of the doctrinal beliefs of their day both false and scriptural. Which is why I believe the book of Judith was left out. It is about a virtuous woman whom God used to save Isreal from an Assyrian army by seducing (not sexually) and cutting off the head of the Assyrian general.

I think that the reason the book of Enoch was left out of the bible because he spoke alot in great detail about the fallen angels. Which are unbelievable to most Christians. He even spoke about how their "prevy parts" were as big as those of horses.

We as Lovers of Christ must alway keep an opened mind to the things of God. I think however that books like the book of Thomas, Judas and many more are classed as the Gnostic Gospels and should not be studied because they take away from the deity of Christ and portray Him as being married, having children and not actually being crucified on the cross. Basically they teach that Christ was simply a man and not the son of God.

Robert

It makes me sad that even Christians today are afraid to read outside of the 66 books as God's truth. I don't know why Enoch wasn't added in there, Esther was added, why not Enoch? Jude was added and HE liked Enoch...why would they keep it hidden? :huh:

Of course, Thomas is entirely different..."God eats men"... :24:

King James gathered a group of scholars together and ask them to decide which books were spiritually moving and which books were not. Unfortunately those scholars were a macho bunch and were influenced by some of the doctrinal beliefs of their day both false and scriptural. Which is why I believe the book of Judith was left out. It is about a virtuous woman whom God used to save Israel from an Assyrian army by seducing (not sexually) and cutting off the head of the Assyrian general.

We as Lovers of Christ must alway keep an opened mind to the things of God.

Robert

Enoch should not have been kept out for his "unmentionables" reference, what Ezekiel said, IMO, was worse than what Enoch said.

I've noticed that all the books that were kept out had a large amount of information about angels and the "secrets" of God and Heaven and had significant prophetic information. This is why I say it's because someone was trying to keep these things hush hush for their own knowledge and advantages. It also works for today's game plan that satan uses, keeping people almost afraid to speak of angels and demons for fear they might be considered "crazy" for believing this to be a "reality". It serves satan's purpose to keep most people in the dark about these things and the ones who know the truth in the insane asylums, or heavily medicated and with a crazy-tag on them for life.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

John 21

25. And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.