IGNORED

Lost Books..

Guest nosoulleftbehind

Guest nosoulleftbehind

I would like to know if ayone has an opinion about The Angel Scroll, Books of Enoch, and Maccabees... What are your opinions, with the Bible warning about people with ithching ears who will heap up for themselves false teachers, and references to beware of heresies thereof... If anyone has read these books, What do you think, And if you wouldn't go near them, then why??? Do you think they could be a part of the 'Eplosion of Knowledge in end times, or another great deception...? After all,, I'm wondering if I missed the explination of what John heard in the 7 thunderings, but was told to seal till the appointed time, as well as his being told to he would again return to prohesy,.... Which immedialtey after comes the explination of the 2 witness's to return.. Any thoughts??? :emot-highfive: (Rev.) ...I believe mind you, that the 2 witness's are Enoch, and Elijah for they were taken up and have not yet died the physical death, which the2 witness's do!... :blink:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Lots of old texts out there, but that doesnt mean they are God inspired scripture.

The angel scroll defames who we know Jesus to be, so its junk.

The book of enoch may not even be the same book mentioned in Jude. Its not God breathed scripture, so altho it may be an interesting read, its not to be taken on the level of authority as the bible is.

The Maccabees are apocrypha and also not God breathed scripture.

There are so many so called lost books (they were never lost) and too many who are not grounded in scripture fall for them. They are a lure that can deceive many. One should be well grounded in scripture before reading them, and then be well aware that they are not scripture, but merely old texts without the divine inspiration. And subject to be flawed.

Ive seen too many take the words of the book of enoch over scripture. Same with other so called lost books like the gospel of thomas.

Guest nosoulleftbehind
Lots of old texts out there, but that doesnt mean they are God inspired scripture.

The angel scroll defames who we know Jesus to be, so its junk.

The book of enoch may not even be the same book mentioned in Jude. Its not God breathed scripture, so altho it may be an interesting read, its not to be taken on the level of authority as the bible is.

The Maccabees are apocrypha and also not God breathed scripture.

There are so many so called lost books (they were never lost) and too many who are not grounded in scripture fall for them. They are a lure that can deceive many. One should be well grounded in scripture before reading them, and then be well aware that they are not scripture, but merely old texts without the divine inspiration. And subject to be flawed.

Ive seen too many take the words of the book of enoch over scripture. Same with other so called lost books like the gospel of thomas.

Thank you for your input,, :emot-highfive: It tells me alot abut the religions that are using them as truth!.. I am not one to fall for anything outside of the Bible,, I agree one must 1st be well into their spiritual maturity before reading these books! I have issues surrounding me with many friends and loved ones right now, who are reading everything BUT the Bible,,, because this is the way their church's are instructing them.. They will not hear scripture, go to the Bible with me, ... only assume I speak from opinion, (because they know not scripture, or try and debate a ton of excuses...) I feel forced at times to cut them off..(change the topic), etc.. sometimes even saddened by their presence because I cannot witness, and i also know they are shunning me because they know I am right and they feel guilty... (I can explain, and they cant)... They ask me, but they only ask to dispute... This is very exhausting... any advise? :blink:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Ah that stinks nosoulleftbehind. Pray for them is the best advice I can give you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I would like to know if ayone has an opinion about The Angel Scroll, Books of Enoch, and Maccabees... What are your opinions, with the Bible warning about people with ithching ears who will heap up for themselves false teachers, and references to beware of heresies thereof... If anyone has read these books, What do you think, And if you wouldn't go near them, then why??? Do you think they could be a part of the 'Eplosion of Knowledge in end times, or another great deception...? After all,, I'm wondering if I missed the explination of what John heard in the 7 thunderings, but was told to seal till the appointed time, as well as his being told to he would again return to prohesy,.... Which immedialtey after comes the explination of the 2 witness's to return.. Any thoughts??? :thumbsup: (Rev.) ...I believe mind you, that the 2 witness's are Enoch, and Elijah for they were taken up and have not yet died the physical death, which the2 witness's do!... :emot-highfive:

God has ordained the canon of the Bible as it exists. No comment need be made of any other "book."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Well,

I've only ever read the book of Enoch, as part of my research into Genesis, and speaking in all honestly my gut feeling is that it is not inspired by God Almighty, there's a very different tone (voice) to the book of Enoch, than that of the Holy Scriptures.

Ah that stinks nosoulleftbehind. Pray for them is the best advice I can give you.
:thumbsup:

Give Them Jesus Christ And Him Crucified

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

Maybe Get A Bundle Of The Gospel Of John And Have Them Read A few Verses To You.

If One Or More Is Interested In Reading God's Word, You Can Let Them "Borrow" A Copy Until Jesus Returns. :emot-highfive:

Pray Without Ceasing

Love, Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

I would like to know if ayone has an opinion about The Angel Scroll, Books of Enoch, and Maccabees... What are your opinions, with the Bible warning about people with ithching ears who will heap up for themselves false teachers, and references to beware of heresies thereof...

You can look at these books like you'd view a documentary on the History channel, loosely. If you're strong enough to read them without throwing up your faith and grasping onto "heretic" beliefs, great, but if you believe everything you see and hear than don't read anything, stick with just listening to your pastor. :cool:

If anyone has read these books, What do you think, And if you wouldn't go near them, then why??? Do you think they could be a part of the 'Eplosion of Knowledge in end times, or another great deception...? After all,, I'm wondering if I missed the explination of what John heard in the 7 thunderings, but was told to seal till the appointed time, as well as his being told to he would again return to prohesy,.... Which immedialtey after comes the explination of the 2 witness's to return.. Any thoughts??? :whistling: (Rev.) ...I believe mind you, that the 2 witness's are Enoch, and Elijah for they were taken up and have not yet died the physical death, which the2 witness's do!... :o

As far as explosive knowledge goes, we collect knowledge from the time we're born, how is this age going to make us different? Because this age is the age we can actually get all the knowledge there is out there(that God has allowed, anyway).