• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Okay here it goes. There are many different references and one needs to study this, I will give you knowledge that I have and know. Then my own experience.. By the way my daughter speaks in tongues since she was three... she actually sings and then sings the interpretation.

1) The people of the old testament spoke in tongues, Many of the woman ignored "as if they were drunk" sound similar to upper room experience ...hnh. Yet there was no one there who needed to hear the language. sometimes if you no not how or what to pray for the spirit of God...The Holy Spirit will pray for you.

2) I do not know Japanese but go to Japan and speak fluent Japanese so they can understand the Gospel. That is a gift as well

3)I am in my church and speak out in toungues to give a prophecy and another person understands it perfectly that is the gift as well

4) tongues in the greek actually means lanuages in the new testament

5) It was for the unbelievers in regards to ISRAEL , who rejected Christ....I believed in fulfilled o.t. prophecy maybe Joel but I am not sure I need to Look it up

6) It is a Holy language that lucifer cannot interpret. When you are in Prayer and speaking in tongues in is a straight line directly to the throne room. He cannot mess with it. Sometimes we get hung by our own mouths. Lucifer does hear us

7)Speaking in tongues DOES EDIFY and BUILD us UP. My personal Tongues change as I notice certain spiritual trumphs are gained. now I will open another box cos I am going to run out of space

patricia

Okay here it goes. There are many different references and one needs to study this, I will give you knowledge that I have and know. Then my own experience.. By the way my daughter speaks in tongues since she was three... she actually sings and then sings the interpretation.

1) The people of the old testament spoke in tongues, Many of the woman ignored "as if they were drunk" sound similar to upper room experience ...hnh. Yet there was no one there who needed to hear the language. sometimes if you no not how or what to pray for the spirit of God...The Holy Spirit will pray for you.

2) I do not know Japanese but go to Japan and speak fluent Japanese so they can understand the Gospel. That is a gift as well

3)I am in my church and speak out in toungues to give a prophecy and another person understands it perfectly that is the gift as well

4) tongues in the greek actually means lanuages in the new testament

5) It was for the unbelievers in regards to ISRAEL , who rejected Christ....I believed in fulfilled o.t. prophecy maybe Joel but I am not sure I need to Look it up

6) It is a Holy language that lucifer cannot interpret. When you are in Prayer and speaking in tongues in is a straight line directly to the throne room. He cannot mess with it. Sometimes we get hung by our own mouths. Lucifer does hear us

7)Speaking in tongues DOES EDIFY and BUILD us UP. My personal Tongues change as I notice certain spiritual trumphs are gained. now I will open another box cos I am going to run out of space

patricia

I just found the other half of my answer. It is in Languages. I did not mean to make a new topic guys I thought I was loosing all my posts...hahaha lol Jesus only knows where the others went

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

I just found the other half of my answer. It is in Languages. I did not mean to make a new topic guys I thought I was loosing all my posts...hahaha lol Jesus only knows where the others went

You will get the hang of it. Is your native language English or is it something else. Just curious.

You will get the hang of it. Is your native language English or is it something else. Just curious.

believe it or not it was english but I talked backwards....Yes I was dropped no fooling and I mispell things...I am sorry usually my daughter has my attention and I use to leave out my vowels. I was born in de south bronx.

big smile:) patricia P.s maybe it could have been the catholic latin church...the galic speaking grandma...or the Italian Grandparents, My mom spoke like a truck driver and I just wanted my own language....lol

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/24/1982

believe it or not it was english but I talked backwards....Yes I was dropped no fooling and I mispell things...I am sorry usually my daughter has my attention and I use to leave out my vowels. I was born in de south bronx.

big smile:) patricia P.s maybe it could have been the catholic latin church...the galic speaking grandma...or the Italian Grandparents, My mom spoke like a truck driver and I just wanted my own language....lol

:thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

:taped::laugh:

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I had breakfast at the International House of Pancakes! :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

I had breakfast at the International House of Pancakes! :emot-hug:

LOL I'm not sure....does that qualify? :):emot-hug:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/07/1949

All I know is that one sunday evening 30 years ago my wife was baptised and came up out of the water singing in tongues she had never spoken in tongues before, like me she had been a bit dubious. It sounded absolutely beautiful. Three weeks later, at what the old pentecostals would call a" waiting meeting" the minister said to me "have you received the baptism in the Holy Spirit"? I said no! He said "do you want to"? I said yes, he laid his hands on me and said receive the Holy Spirit in the name of Jesus! Straightaway out of my inermost being flowed rivers of living water. I can never express the joy I felt that night. Now you can analyze it, knock it, and criticize it all you want but it has been with me ever since and still transports me into the presence of my Great God and Saviour The Lord Jesus Christ. Pancakes never tasted that good. :whistling:

Edited by Rebmilc

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

um another topic i have been thinking about alot recently, i had nevere really thought about this much at all until about a year and a half ago when while at a youth confrence i for the first time saw someone experiance the gift of speaking in tounges, and even after seeing that i was still very sceptical about it, i thought that some people were just speaking in jibberish to get attention, since then i have witnessed several other speaking in tounges and noticed how it affects them and have accepted that is it a git of the holy spirit

about a month ago i was talking to one of my teachers, who is a very devoted christian and this shows through everything she does, about talking in tounges and she just confused me even more, she was telling me that it is something that you need to learn to do... that goes against everything i had though about speaking on tounges but as i know and have heard her speaking in tounges on serval occasions she is propbebly a good information source on this.

i would appreciate your views, is it just simply a gift or is it something you need to learn how to do ?