IGNORED

Post flood evolution?

Guest skidd2

Guest shadow2b
- I have estimated that the flood should have occured about 2500 BC, or about 4500 years ago. even if that time was doubled, I doubt that the specific differences in DNA between races could have developed in such a short period of time. To suggest that the flood was local conflicts with other Genesis verses. Ideas?

-uhhhhh-huuhhh--YUPP--GUESSES??--DOUBTS--OTHER IDEES??==GUESSES-AGAIN!!geeee---summ

-foylkses sho coymes up wid sumcrazy.gifscrewwy IDEeS

-1st.COR.2.vss.12.thru.15-------

-Now we have received,not the spirit of the world,but the spirit which is of GOD;that we might know

-the things that are freely given to us of GOD.Which things we also speak,not in the words which

-man's wisdom teacheth,but which the HOLY-GHOST teacheth,comparing spiritual things with

-spiritual.But the "natural"man receiveth not the things of the SPIRIT of GOD;for they are

-foolishness unto him;neither can he know them,because they are spiritually discerned.but he that

-is spiritual judgeth all things,yet he himself is judged of no man......

-WeLLLLLL,NOW FOLKS---THESE SCRIPTURES PRETTY WeLL SUM UP WHY THE UNsaved canNOT

-understand GOD'S WORD-----SOoooo,IT'S kinda SILLY--- :tongue: :wow: to debate or try to teach--

-instruct them in GOD'S WORD-UNTIL-OR{IF?}THEY ARE OR{become?} SAVED--ISN'T IT?? :unsure:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WeLLLLLL,NOW FOLKS---THESE SCRIPTURES PRETTY WeLL SUM UP WHY THE UNsaved canNOT

-understand GOD'S WORD-----SOoooo,IT'S kinda SILLY--- :tongue: :wow: to debate or try to teach--

-instruct them in GOD'S WORD-UNTIL-OR{IF?}THEY ARE OR{become?} SAVED--ISN'T IT?? :unsure:

Great point, except that I was Baptized two years ago. I was very active in my church and believed with all my heart that Jesus was the way. It was the questions of others that got me to really think about my relationship with God. I at first reacted much like you, I blew them off or simply stated that they would never understand, until one day I came to the conclusion that I didn't understand either.

I seek God every day, I have been baptized, and now when I ask questions that should be easy to get answers to, I get reactions like yours.

So, explain to me again why I couldn't understand these things when I as one who was Baptized in the Spirit of the Lord.

Rick,

Again I must state that my question is not about creation or evolution, but rather, time. Every thing that you and I have posted could confirm creation as a real possibility, but I believe that there is enough evidence to question the time or reality of a biblical flood.

WeLLLLLL,NOW FOLKS---THESE SCRIPTURES PRETTY WeLL SUM UP WHY THE UNsaved canNOT

-understand GOD'S WORD-----SOoooo,IT'S kinda SILLY--- :tongue:  :wow: to debate or try to teach--

Great point, except that I was Baptized two years ago. I was very active in my church and believed with all my heart that Jesus was the way. It was the questions of others that got me to really think about my relationship with God. I at first reacted much like you, I blew them off or simply stated that they would never understand, until one day I came to the conclusion that I didn't understand either.

I seek God every day, I have been baptized, and now when I ask questions that should be easy to get answers to, I get reactions like yours.

So, explain to me again why I couldn't understand these things when I as one who was Baptized in the Spirit of the Lord.

skidd, i'm not trying to be offensive here. but being active in church and being baptized in water do not automatically mean one is saved. you admit yourself that you believe in a higher power, but that you are not sure if the God of the Bible IS that higher power. how can one be "saved" if they don't know who they are saved by?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Something to toss into the mix:

" Virtually all cells of every living thing (plants, animals, and humans) contain tiny strands of coded information called DNA. DNA directs the cell, telling it what to produce and when. Therefore, much of your appearance and personality is determined by the DNA you inherited from your parents.

In human cells, the nucleus contains 99.5% of the DNA. Half of it came from the individual

skidd, i'm not trying to be offensive here. but being active in church and being baptized in water do not automatically mean one is saved. you admit yourself that you believe in a higher power, but that you are not sure if the God of the Bible IS that higher power. how can one be "saved" if they don't know who they are saved by?

Lady C,

No offense taken. I want to be clear on this. I spent a long time praying to Jesus to take over my life and show me a better way. I know that I freely chose to accept Christ and as part of that wanted to be Baptized. I was very comfortable with my relationship with God, and wanted to share that feeling with others. My "fall" if you will came when I could not answer questions like the ones I post here. I prayed for help and guidance, or at least for a peace to quiet my mind from such things. I asked God to cast out the Satan that would do this to me, but the questions and the need to know became more than I could handle.

I still believe that there is a God, and I believe that he is very much a part of our world, but, I do not draw this faith from the Bible. I try to speak to him every day, it's that now, I don't expect an answer.

Put it another way, I prayed, I gave myself to Christ, I asked to be accepted and forgiven. I have stopped waiting for an answer, but will not stop believing that there is something greater than all of us.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Something to toss into the mix:

" Virtually all cells of every living thing (plants, animals, and humans) contain tiny strands of coded information called DNA. DNA directs the cell, telling it what to produce and when. Therefore, much of your appearance and personality is determined by the DNA you inherited from your parents.

In human cells, the nucleus contains 99.5% of the DNA. Half of it came from the individual

Your free to take Dr. Brown up on his debate challenge. But I personally would rather take his opinion over yours. :unsure: It's funny that none have successfully challenged him yet. Im willing to say that your opinions will not as well. :rofl: lol

Rick

Of course you will take his opinion, he agrees with you, even if you have no idea what he has said in that article. I personally am not up for formal debates, but please show me a link to this debate. if he is anything like Hovind, he will probably only participate in verbal debates, where it is not about facts, but persuasiveness.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Your free to take Dr. Brown up on his debate challenge.  But I personally would rather take his opinion over yours.  :unsure:    It's funny that none have successfully challenged him yet.  Im willing to say that your opinions will not as well.    :rofl:  lol   

Rick

Of course you will take his opinion, he agrees with you, even if you have no idea what he has said in that article. I personally am not up for formal debates, but please show me a link to this debate. if he is anything like Hovind, he will probably only participate in verbal debates, where it is not about facts, but persuasiveness.

Of course I will take the word of a christian, a brother, a scientist, who is a professor emeritus at M.I.T. over the chat room postings of someone who did not even read the post completely, or they would have seen that he indeed does written debates, and that the link was provided in the previous post to his site. :P Im very careful about the sources of information I take to heart, and refuse to believe anything that isn't credible, grounded in God's Word, and isn't just the personal opinions of some mis-informed pseudo scientist trying to establish falsehood as fact, based on inerrant scientific theories. I do have my principles ya know! :P lol

Just for the record, he likes to leave religion out of the picture and deal only with the scientific facts. Hope you enjoy ! :P

Rick

Of course I will take the word of a christian, a brother, a scientist, who is a professor emeritus at M.I.T. over the chat room postings of someone who did not even read the post completely, or they would have seen that he indeed does written debates, and that the link was provided in the previous post to his site.    :unsure:    Im very careful about the sources of information I take to heart, and refuse to believe anything that isn't credible, grounded in God's Word, and isn't just the personal opinions of some mis-informed pseudo scientist trying to establish falsehood as fact, based on inerrant scientific theories.  I do have my principles ya know!    :P  lol

Just for the record, he likes to leave religion out of the picture and deal only with the scientific facts.  Hope you enjoy !    :rofl:

Rick

I read you post, just not the one after it. Sorry! I like when people provide the sources for their info. Makes it more credible. Not correct, but more credible. :P I agree about Hovind, but one thing to remember, he isn't even a real scientist. :P He got his diploma from Patroit University. See the campus here: Patriot University :P:P:P Its a degree mill!

I will look into that link though.