• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

broad-minded. how awful.

when it comes to truth, you bet

do you consider yourself "broad minded" about gravity? care to sail off a three-story building and put that to the test?

God willing, I can move mountains. God willing, I can also sail off a three-storey building. But we're not to test God.

What is gravity to God? He created the natural laws of the universe. He can undo them with a simple gesture of a finger.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member

What is gravity to God? He created the natural laws of the universe. He can undo them with a simple gesture of a finger.

you're missing the point

doctrinal truth is foundational, without it, the Church cannot survive...as it is, many people reject the scripture because they consider the Creation account to be myth

I still remember the Bruce Willis interview

Or, many people reject Christianity because the necessity to accept the literal 6-day creation is incompatible with what is known through deductive reasoning.

Do you understand how God created gravity, electromagnetic force, the Andromeda galaxy, the elements of the periodic table, 46 chromosomes of the human body, or a blade of grass? Why are there so many Alu sequences in the human genome?

Whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life. Jesus. That's it.

That's probably the best example of why we should reject your version of who decideds the truth. There is not one instance here in which there has been a credible disproof of evolution. Conversely, there has not been one example of anyone proving one aspect of the 6-day creation independent of the bible.

your statement above is nothing more than doubt looking for proof...what separates you from millions of naturalistic skeptics? not much!

see, in your idolatrous liberal mind, the human practice of "science" (which is nothing more than frail, limited human understanding of the physical universe) trumps what GOD says about ORIGINS and HISTORY...which is absurd...no one was there except God!

I believe in evolution (speciation/selection/genetic drift), but evolution has NOTHING to do with the origin of anything....nor do I accept "millions of years" darwinist propaganda, which is completely unscientific and unBiblical

What happened to the commandment to not judge other people.

Who exactly are you to call people idolatrous? And no, science is not an idol.

But I guess you're so far above that because we're all heathens.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

And no, science is not an idol.

human wisdom/understanding is ABSOLUTELY an idol...always has been

Where does it say that in the Bible? That we are not to understand anything because it is the same as an idol?

I'm confused...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/04/1963

all scripture is "God breathed" truth, and therefore "doctrine"; however, not all relates directly to the necessary doctrines of salvation

it's a matter of eliminating truth by degree, that's how Satan always works "did God really say that?"...if you choose to dismiss Genesis 1, why would you believe the resurrection or the Second Advent? aren't those also supernatural events which cannot be proven by the human scientific method?

Amen. And AMEN!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/21/1985

2 Timothy 4

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Which is not applicable to this situation at all...

..hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.

Once again, what does this have to do with the request I made of you?

it's a matter of eliminating truth by degree, that's how Satan always works "did God really say that?"...if you choose to dismiss Genesis 1, why would you believe the resurrection or the Second Advent? aren't those also supernatural events which cannot be proven by the human scientific method?

Ok, guys, we can all go home now. He caught us. He has foiled our plan to disassemble Christianity piece by piece by teaching that evolution, at least in some degree, and a much older earth are scientific fact. [/sarcasm] :thumbsup:

the Sun did stand still, from the perspective of earth, as Joshua was fighting

But that is NOT what the Bible says. The Bible clearly states, irrefutably, that the sun stood still. It did not qualify the statement by claiming that it was written as allegory for a scientific phenomena that would be difficult to understand for the audience of the text. You're obviously falling away from sound doctrine and piecing apart Christianity as we know of with your lies! [/devil's advocate]

do you consider yourself "broad minded" about gravity? care to sail off a three-story building and put that to the test?

Hey, don't you bring your scientific withcraft into this! [/sarcasm]

see, in your idolatrous liberal mind, the human practice of "science" (which is nothing more than frail, limited human understanding of the physical universe) trumps what GOD says about ORIGINS and HISTORY...which is absurd...no one was there except God!

What do you think science is? Do you not believe that it is a gift from the very God who you claim to defend? Do you think that He gave us science so that we could better understand Him? The only things fragile in this discussion are: (a) the 6-day Creation myth, (b) the ancient Hebrews' scientific minds and, © your continued baseless argument and attempt at spiritual slander against those choose to think about what they believe.

I believe in evolution (speciation/selection/genetic drift), but evolution has NOTHING to do with the origin of anything....nor do I accept "millions of years" darwinist propaganda, which is completely unscientific and unBiblical

So, now that it is convenient to you, you change to use our terminology... for one sentence. Then you go on to assign the old-earth idea as one of Darwin, which it surely was not. Darwin taught evolution, not origin. Further, an old-earth is absolutely scientific and, by the way, the correct term is "extra-Biblical", not "unBiblical".

Conversely, not you or anyone else has proven molecules-to-man evolution is

it's 100% applicable...a perfect description of 2007

Your standard of application is obviously tremendously different from any other rational human being's. Look at the statement to which you answered with that verse and please point out the application.

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness"; and again, "The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile." So then, no more boasting about men!

The whole point here is that the "wisdom of the world" that is "foolishness" is self-serving. The whole point here is not that God is somehow less powerful. Nor does the concept of an old earth OR evolutionary science some demote God or make Him seem less powerful. The context of that verse completely invalidates its use in this discussion. We are not arguing for a somehow less powerful God or an emasculated Creator. Having a much older earth than you would presume or believing that any of the species today have evolved from "lower" evolutionary species does not, in any way, discredit, emasculate or invalidate God or his power. I am offended that you would use such Scriptures against an honest debate, especially since you take them out of context without a second thought.

sure it does...God clearly, undeniably states that He created the universe in six days

NO HE DOESN'T! You have yet to substantiate that claim with ANY proof AT ALL, yet you continue to claim it is as fact.

I almost always quote scripture in context, YOU NEVER QUOTE IT

Friend, I have shown you on EVERY Scripture you have quoted how it is not applicable in its context. I have quoted Scripture, but I do not find it necessary to quote the "chapter and verse" reference. In fact, some of what you have argued against is Scripture. However, you wouldn't know that, would you?

it's clear where your idols are

Once again, when I see that you are somehow qualified to judge my spiritual state of being, I will respect your judgements. Until then, please leave the spiritual determinations to God and read something... preferably something other than AiG or John MacArthur.