• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  0

For my sister Fiosh,

I surely don't take the enemy lightly, no way. However , I don't think he is likely to sit off at a distance and pick off a few stragglers. the main enemy of satan is God and His church. Picking on individuals gets him nowhere. the devil is causing the big apostacy, that the church is going through now, because of the false teachers like the emerging churches and the new age and the churches that are intoducing yoga and other forms of mysticism into the services. People are not interested in the truth, today, They would sooner believe the lies perpertrated by satan, through his hand picked liars he has trained. Post modern chuches?? are out growing THE church in leaps and bounds, because they are hearing what they want to hear. Trying to unsettle an individual, gets him nowhere in his scheme of things.

But hey, Fiosh, you are still my favourite catholic buddy. :blink:

While I often disagree with you, eric, I do respect your forthrightness and willingness to take a stand. :thumbsup:

Scripture makes it clear that Satan does attack the "straggler" who is not vigilant.

However, I do share your concern for the emerging church movement---it feeds the egos of the pastors that are buying into to it. IMHO

Love ya,

F

:)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

*note If this is a cotroversial issue, then by all means move it. I am a newbie, and Idon't want to step on toes!

I believe in the supernatural realm. In prinicipalities and powers, and rulers of darkness. I believe that our weapons are not carnal, but mighty through God in pulling down those strongholds, and any high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God.

I see in the word where it tells us to cast out demons. I believe that there are many vexed by them, but because the world rejecting the truth, many many people are left to their own demise, because their are very very few willing to step out, and minister to these people. Others are scared to say that someone is in demonic bondage, because they have a medical condition that explains their condition. I have heard Christians justify their sin because they have a mental disorder.

I believe he who is set free, is free indeed.

So where do you stand on this?

This is the first Post. The title is Demonic bondage vs. Mental Illness so yes Vicki my statement about phsych wards is applicable. And for you information there are christians in those facilities.

If all we needed were some good doctors with a a knowledge in what kind of prescription to hand out, then we would not have phsyc wards full of people that will be there until they die!

Shalom,

Are all those in the psych wards born-again Christians? No. So the example isn't really applicable. We are talking Christians, not non-Christians.

I said .....Years ago people that were homo-sexual were labeled as having a "mental disorder"

Vicki said....

While that may be true, it has no bearing on the discussion at hand.

Yes my friend it does. When we as christians do not storm the gates of hell with the gifts of the spirit given to us by God, then the world will surmize in their own knowledge how to or not to deal with sin. Fast forward from the days when it (homosexuality) was considred a "mental disorder" and now people are saying they are born that way, and it is their right. When children would not be obediant, to their parents, they would be disciplined, and fast forward, and now they are labeled as having a disorder in which inhibitants them from being obediant.

I said....I will stand firm on the fact that any thing that causes us to sin, is a spiritual matter, that needs the supernatural power of JESUS.

Vicki said....

But Faith, that's not what this thread is about. That's not what the article is about, so that statement, again, really doesn't apply. We are not talking sin, we are talking demonic bondage! Of course, sin is a different story.

read my first post vicki. And yes, sin does apply. Many people that are violent towards themselves or others ie*sin, are diagnosed with a mental disorder. Many sex addicts have a list of mental disorders.

Edited by F8thNJesus

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

*note If this is a cotroversial issue, then by all means move it. I am a newbie, and Idon't want to step on toes!

I believe in the supernatural realm. In prinicipalities and powers, and rulers of darkness. I believe that our weapons are not carnal, but mighty through God in pulling down those strongholds, and any high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God.

I see in the word where it tells us to cast out demons. I believe that there are many vexed by them, but because the world rejecting the truth, many many people are left to their own demise, because their are very very few willing to step out, and minister to these people. Others are scared to say that someone is in demonic bondage, because they have a medical condition that explains their condition. I have heard Christians justify their sin because they have a mental disorder.

This is the first Post. The title is Demonic bondage vs. Mental Illness so yes Vicki my statement about phsych wards is applicable. And for you information there are christians in those facilities.

If all we needed were some good doctors with a a knowledge in what kind of prescription to hand out, then we would not have phsyc wards full of people that will be there until they die!

Shalom,

Are all those in the psych wards born-again Christians? No. So the example isn't really applicable. We are talking Christians, not non-Christians.

I said .....Years ago people that were homo-sexual were labeled as having a "mental disorder"

Vicki said....

Yes my friend it does. When we as christians do not storm the gates of hell with the gifts of the spirit given to us by God, then the world will surmize in their own knowledge how to or not to deal with sin. Fast forward from the days when it (homosexuality) was considred a "mental disorder" and now people are saying they are born that way, and it is their right. When children would not be obediant, to their parents, they would be disciplined, and fast forward, and now they are labeled as having a disorder in which inhibitants them from being obediant.

I said....I will stand firm on the fact that any thing that causes us to sin, is a spiritual matter, that needs the supernatural power of JESUS.

Vicki said....

But Faith, that's not what this thread is about. That's not what the article is about, so that statement, again, really doesn't apply. We are not talking sin, we are talking demonic bondage! Of course, sin is a different story.

read my first post vicki. And yes, sin does apply. Many people that are violent towards themselves or others ie*sin, are diagnosed with a mental disorder. Many sex addicts have a list of mental disorders.

I said....What I have found, is this

1. Some people believe that there is no such thing as demonic bondage.

2. Some believe there is such a thing as demonic bondage.

3. Some people believe that if a doctor can't heal it, and if a prayer of healing can't heal it, then it is GOD's will.

Vicki said....

I'm sorry, but again, these generalities aren't reflective of those who you haven't met. This is your opinion, based on your experience, but it is not a true picture of what all people believe. My beliefs are not represented in your list.

If you read my friend, you will not find where I said all people believe a certain way. And yes vicki according to your own words, you are represented in number 2. You belive there is a such thing as demonic bondage.
I said....My question is this.

If there are those that have been labeled with a Mental disorder, because of something that is considered a sin in the bible, do you think that it can truly be healed with a drug, and what about those that medicine cannot make it go away?

Vicki said......

What "mental illness caused by sin" for example?

I am not a clinical phsycologist, so I don't know what the proper terminology, or the diagnosis is, but I will suppose that maybe a person that steals compulsively is a "cleptomaniac", maybe mixed with OCD.

those that go into fits of violent or vulgar rage, then slides down the slope to depression and despair,might be seen as schizphrenia? Mutiple personality disorder? You put mental illness caused by sin in quotation marks as to deem that I said that, but if you read, I said "those that have been labeled with a mental disorder, because of something that is considered a sin in the bible" . But I think you are hitting on something here. Yes you are right Vicki maybe some of the mental illnesses are caused by unchecked sin in the heart of a person.

If there is a physiological cause for the mental illness, (such as depression or anxiety) then a medicine may remedy that condition completely.
If someone has Lost Joy in the Lord for whatever reason, do you truly believe that medicine can give that back to them?

thank-you for answering in part my question. Bur what about the last half, "What about those that medicine cannot make it go away?"

When I started this post, it was not to cause backbiting or strife. I wanted some real answers, but I realized that it was God that was putting a fire in me to seek HIM about a calling he has put on me. When I get back from vacation next week, I will be meeting with our church phsycologist, and my pastor concerning this. I have a lot of praying, to do. Big decisions to make. I will share what I have gleaned from them when I can. they work in the prisons, and with those that have been labeled with mental disorders.

there is no cure for mental illness , It is treated by symptoms and what may be found to chemically wrong...we cannot cure christians or non christians with diabetes eith.. Vicklyn can you get onto a psych ward? There are plenty of christians there as well as nonchristians... Lok also at all the Born agains stuck in prisons as well who are not guilty and just let out.. I suppose you will tell me they really are not christians or have some sin in there life or had deliverance and seven more must have come back which I have heard from others as well including Harold Camping. Even in the hospitals, Normal regular hospitals. And yes people could just plain be oppressed... with all that we do in Jesus name the enemy will try do do what he can to Thwart Gods Plans. But he cannot. love patricia

Shalom,

Vicki said....

Vicki said....

3. Some people believe that if a doctor can't heal it, and if a prayer of healing can't heal it, then it is GOD's will.

Vicki said....

I'm sorry, but again, these generalities aren't reflective of those who you haven't met. This is your opinion, based on your experience, but it is not a true picture of what all people believe. My beliefs are not represented in your list.

If you read my friend, you will not find where I said all people believe a certain way. And yes vicki according to your own words, you are represented in number 2. You belive there is a such thing as demonic bondage.

If there are those that have been labeled with a Mental disorder, because of something that is considered a sin in the bible, do you think that it can truly be healed with a drug, and what about those that medicine cannot make it go away?

Vicki said......

I am not a clinical phsycologist, so I don't know what the proper terminology, or the diagnosis is, but I will suppose that maybe a person that steals compulsively is a "cleptomaniac", maybe mixed with OCD.

those that go into fits of violent or vulgar rage, then slides down the slope to depression and despair,might be seen as schizphrenia? Mutiple personality disorder? You put mental illness caused by sin in quotation marks as to deem that I said that, but if you read, I said "those that have been labeled with a mental disorder, because of something that is considered a sin in the bible" . But I think you are hitting on something here. Yes you are right Vicki maybe some of the mental illnesses are caused by unchecked sin in the heart of a person.

If there is a physiological cause for the mental illness, (such as depression or anxiety) then a medicine may remedy that condition completely.
If someone has Lost Joy in the Lord for whatever reason, do you truly believe that medicine can give that back to them?

thank-you for answering in part my question. Bur what about the last half, "What about those that medicine cannot make it go away?"

When I started this post, it was not to cause backbiting or strife. I wanted some real answers, but I realized that it was God that was putting a fire in me to seek HIM about a calling he has put on me. When I get back from vacation next week, I will be meeting with our church phsycologist, and my pastor concerning this. I have a lot of praying, to do. Big decisions to make. I will share what I have gleaned from them when I can. they work in the prisons, and with those that have been labeled with mental disorders.

there is no cure for mental illness , It is treated by symptoms and what may be found to chemically wrong...we cannot cure christians or non christians with diabetes eith.. Vicklyn can you get onto a psych ward? There are plenty of christians there as well as nonchristians... Lok also at all the Born agains stuck in prisons as well who are not guilty and just let out.. I suppose you will tell me they really are not christians or have some sin in there life or had deliverance and seven more must have come back which I have heard from others as well including Harold Camping. Even in the hospitals, Normal regular hospitals. And yes people could just plain be oppressed... with all that we do in Jesus name the enemy will try do do what he can to Thwart Gods Plans. But he cannot. love patricia

TO the original poster You now are using wisdom...When you pose a question you will get many answers. Some are opinions, some are from God, some full of wisdom. If the Lord Jesus is calling you to this Ministry He will lead you to others who are mature and with greater wisdom. Jesus did send out his apostles two by two. and it takes just listening to Jesus. He is already leading you to two people who can help with your direction and possibly hook you up with people close to you.. Stay away from books yet unless you can discern which Is Holy Spirit given or reccommended by those you are going to see. Have a wonderful vacation and I will be praying for you. Love in Jesus name patricia

Shalom,

Vicki said....

Vicki said....

Vicki said....

Vicki said......

TO the original poster You now are using wisdom...When you pose a question you will get many answers. Some are opinions, some are from God, some full of wisdom. If the Lord Jesus is calling you to this Ministry He will lead you to others who are mature and with greater wisdom. Jesus did send out his apostles two by two. and it takes just listening to Jesus. He is already leading you to two people who can help with your direction and possibly hook you up with people close to you.. Stay away from books unless you can discern which Is Holy Spirit given or reccommended by those you are going to see. Have a wonderful vacation and I will be praying for you. Love in Jesus name patricia

vickilyn I was dicussing lighting a candle as a analolgy of it dispersing darknes. Where is you head. We do this at our judeo/christian passovers as well to show nonchristian hebrews about what just a little light can do as we as well discuss illumination. Why in the world would you think otherwise. I pray you do not think that the lighting of candles during the festivals of lights as a remebrance is wrong.?? How can you think otherwise. Other poeple understood. what do you think I am lighting candles to get rid of sickness or something?????? :noidea:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

vickilyn I was dicussing lighting a candle as a analolgy of it dispersing darknes. Where is you head. We do this at our judeo/christian passovers as well to show nonchristian hebrews about what just a little light can do as we as well discuss illumination. Why in the world would you think otherwise. I pray you do not think that the lighting of candles during the festivals of lights as a remebrance is wrong.?? How can you think otherwise. Other poeple understood. what do you think I am lighting candles to get rid of sickness or something?????? :thumbsup:

Shalom Patricia,

You never explained to the readers that your candle-lighting ritual was an illustration (it's not an analogy) instead of all your New-Age sounding, demon-chasing stuff.

The only ones who "understood" (as in agreed with it) were the ones who agree with this demon-chasing stuff that is NOT in the Bible.

The rest of us understand but refute it Scripture.

You see, you can tell us what you do 'till the cows come home, but if it ain't SCRIPTURAL, it ain't worthy nothin'. It doesn't matter what you do unless you can back it up with Scripture. That's why I asked you to prove what you were doing was Scriptural and you misunderstood and posted Scriptures on light and dark. That wasn't what I asked. :wub:

As to your condescending question of "Where is you head." (sic) My head, my heart, my soul, my spirit, my body and all of my will is serving Jesus and working to make sure Jesus is worshiped, not some man's rituals.

Shalom Faith,

First off, my name is Vickilynn, but you can call me VL. Any other name is not my name.

That's good, because that's what the Bible says. NO one here says anything different.

But that is not what we are talking about Faith. We are talking about DEMONS and mental illness, not sin.

Only NON-Christians can "have" demons. Christians can be affected by, tempted by, harassed by demons, but they cannot be indwelt or controlled by demons. Which is the premise of this thread. That those Christians who are diagnosed with mental illness, actually are indwelt by demons and need deliverance. That is false, as Christians cannot have demons needing to be "cast out." You can only cast out demons from NON-Believers.

And no, I don't believe ALL mental illness is the result of sin, or demonic activity. I believe that there can be physiologic causes and thus in these cases, medicines would be be the correct treatment, not casting out non-existent demons.

See above

This is the first Post. The title is Demonic bondage vs. Mental Illness so yes Vickilynn my statement about phsych wards is applicable. And for you information there are christians in those facilities.

And for my information? :thumbsup: Hmmm, getting a little ...? I am sorry dear, but you misunderstood my reply. I said your statement about the psych wards does not apply to ALL there, because ALL are not Non-believers. ONLY Non-believers would need demons cast out, since Believers cannot have demons in them. And again, not all mental illness for anyone, is the result of demons. It just isn't true.

Vickilynn said....

No, my friend, it has no bearing on the discussion because we all know that homosexuality is not a mental illness. You are misunderstanding my replies. Why don't you ask me to clarify if you are unsure of what I'm saying, instead of falsely assuming?

Vickilynn said....

read my first post vickilynn. And yes, sin does apply. Many people that are violent towards themselves or others ie*sin, are diagnosed with a mental disorder. Many sex addicts have a list of mental disorders.

Ever heard the term, straining at gnats and swallowing camels? :wub:

Vickilynn said....

If you read my friend, you will not find where I said all people believe a certain way. And yes vickilynn according to your own words, you are represented in number 2. You belive there is a such thing as demonic bondage.

But I do NOT believe it as you are using it, so no, I do not fit into your box.

Vickilynn said......

those that go into fits of violent or vulgar rage, then slides down the slope to depression and despair,might be seen as schizphrenia? Mutiple personality disorder? You put mental illness caused by sin in quotation marks as to deem that I said that, but if you read, I said "those that have been labeled with a mental disorder, because of something that is considered a sin in the bible" . But I think you are hitting on something here. Yes you are right Vickilynn maybe some of the mental illnesses are caused by unchecked sin in the heart of a person.

Again, you misread my replies, but it's getting tiresome wading through all this. :thumbsup:

Yes, if the cause is a physical cause, then medicine can reverse that condition. What if the medicine doesn't work? It depends on the root cause. The root cause has to be addressed. All I'm saying (that you all keep missing) is that not ALL mental illness' root cause is demonic bondage needing demons to cast out. That is the truth, and y'all keep arguing against it.

But you're wasting your time. The Scriptures are the truth and the authority, not man.

there is no cure for mental illness ,

Shalom Patricia,

Actually, that is incorrect. There are many mental illnesses that can be cured by proper medicines and treatment.

It is treated by symptoms and what may be found to chemically wrong...we cannot cure christians or non christians with diabetes eith..

Wrong again, read the latest endocrinology studies about new medicines.

Vicklyn can you get onto a psych ward?

I have visited several, thank you.

There are plenty of christians there as well as nonchristians

So? Your point?

My point is, they may have mental illness, but they are not controlled by demons. Born-again Christians CANNOT be indwelt by demons, no matter how much you say they can. The Scriptures show they cannot. I choose to believe the Scriptures.

Lok also at all the Born agains stuck in prisons as well who are not guilty and just let out..

Oh, what does this have to do with anything? Really Patricia, please, stay on topic. :wub:

I suppose you will tell me ....

This is wrong for you to falsely assume and accuse what you do not know. You, who proclaim to be so spiritual should know better than this.

there is no cure for mental illness ,

Shalom Patricia,

Actually, that is incorrect. There are many mental illnesses that can be cured by proper medicines and treatment.

It is treated by symptoms and what may be found to chemically wrong...we cannot cure christians or non christians with diabetes eith..

Wrong again, read the latest endocrinology studies about new medicines.

Vicklyn can you get onto a psych ward?

I have visited several, thank you.

There are plenty of christians there as well as nonchristians

So? Your point?

My point is, they may have mental illness, but they are not controlled by demons. Born-again Christians CANNOT be indwelt by demons, no matter how much you say they can. The Scriptures show they cannot. I choose to believe the Scriptures.

Lok also at all the Born agains stuck in prisons as well who are not guilty and just let out..

Oh, what does this have to do with anything? Really Patricia, please, stay on topic. :emot-handshake:

I suppose you will tell me ....

This is wrong for you to falsely assume and accuse what you do not know. You, who proclaim to be so spiritual should know better than this.

just look at your statements and you will know what my point is.. There still is no cure...I do not accuse...falsly and I do not believe anyone would think otherwise I said i suppose... I did not say it was a concrete fact and you say I am so spiritual not me. There are things you do not know ... as well as well as most of us.. I gave you scripture of believers with demonic spirits and you do not see. No, mental illness is not cured by medicine. the symptoms are taken care of but the problem reamains...medicines are in need of reassessment frequently and then changed.... If my point is not seen the Lord will show you if not it is not for you to know. as for the candle thing it was plain as day except to you.

in Love patricia

just look at your statements and you will know what my point is..

Shalom P,

Whatever. You are so busy accusing others that you can't see the plank in your own eye. Just look at YOUR own statements.

Enough already.

There still is no cure

For what? Please, try to be more clear.

<snip>

No, mental illness is not cured by medicine.

Actually, you are incorrect here. If there is a chemical imbalance or deficit, the medicine given REVERSES that imbalance or deficit. As the long as the medicine is administered, that person does not operate under the disease. The same as diabetes.

For all intents and purposes, the disease is cured by the medicine. Of course if they stop the medicine and the physical situation returns, they will act accordingly, but yes, medicine can reverse the disease if the root is physical.

If my point is not seen the Lord will show you if not it is not for you to know

OR, more honestly, you could be wrong and think you are right all the time. Think about it. :emot-handshake: Just look at your statements. You make these incomplete statements as well. Please try explaining what you're trying to say. OK?