F8thNJesus

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

*note If this is a cotroversial issue, then by all means move it. I am a newbie, and Idon't want to step on toes!

I believe in the supernatural realm. In prinicipalities and powers, and rulers of darkness. I believe that our weapons are not carnal, but mighty through God in pulling down those strongholds, and any high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God.

I see in the word where it tells us to cast out demons. I believe that there are many vexed by them, but because the world rejecting the truth, many many people are left to their own demise, because their are very very few willing to step out, and minister to these people. Others are scared to say that someone is in demonic bondage, because they have a medical condition that explains their condition. I have heard Christians justify their sin because they have a mental disorder.

I believe he who is set free, is free indeed.

So where do you stand on this?

Edited by F8thNJesus

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

I too believe there are dark spiritual forces at work, as stated in the Word of God. I also believe not every mental disorder is demonic. Some of it truly is a chemical imbalance that is easily and wonderfully corrected by medication.

Perhaps many people are afraid of dealing directly with the demonic due to what we see in the news, including recently when that three-year-old girl was killed during an exorcism due to her "demonic possession." Not sure what to think about all that....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I too believe there are dark spiritual forces at work, as stated in the Word of God. I also believe not every mental disorder is demonic. Some of it truly is a chemical imbalance that is easily and wonderfully corrected by medication.

Totally agree with you Mathqueen.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

*note If this is a cotroversial issue, then by all means move it. I am a newbie, and Idon't want to step on toes!

I believe in the supernatural realm. In prinicipalities and powers, and rulers of darkness. I believe that our weapons are not carnal, but mighty through God in pulling down those strongholds, and any high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God.

I see in the word where it tells us to cast out demons. I believe that there are many vexed by them, but because the world rejecting the truth, many many people are left to their own demise, because their are very very few willing to step out, and minister to these people. Others are scared to say that someone is in demonic bondage, because they have a medical condition that explains their condition. I have heard Christians justify their sin because they have a mental disorder.

I believe he who is set free, is free indeed.

So where do you stand on this?

I knew someone a few years ago that believed he was called to minister to those who were labeled "mentally ill". He has told me stories of what he calls deliverance sessions where he would cast out demons and free individuals of demonic bondage. He was critisied by local churches as false and was run out of town, because many of the people went to their those local churches told their pastor but the pastors would tell them it was medical condition not a spiritual condition and that the guy was a phony; even after seeing the dramtic positive results. This guy was the only person I every knew that lived much like Jesus lived and he endured much of the same persecution that Jesus came under. Jesus's persecution didn't come from the unreligious but from the religious leaders of that time.

Ohhhh Jedi, I am so happy you sharedthat. Iam contemplating going into thesame kind of thing. I feel like these people are just left to themselves. I know my pastor will support me, and I am not worried about that. I just know i come across sometimes very harsh, and I wanted to see christians not afraid to speak their mind, tell me what they thought. I do not believe for one minute that Jesus meant for a person to have to suffer to such a degree that if they don't knock themselves out with drugs, that they can't be freed from the things causing them to sin or hurt themselves or others. People werent meant to be holed up in an institution cut off from the rest of the world. I will pray for your friend, that he get the spiritual covering to be able to continue in his calling. He could come here LOL

Guest Odium

It's best you know what the problem really is before acting.

It's best you know what the problem really is before acting.

I agree with both of you. I am in no way saying medicine should never be used. But people that arent able to live a life without being in institution, there has to be a better way!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hello there. I believe each Christian is given specific gifts in dealing with specific areas. I applaud anyone who is able to do the things God has called us to do. If you have spritual discernment, and are sensitive in this area, go for it, and share with us the results, as we all need to learn and we all have something to share. God bless you and help you in your journey. May God give you all the tools you need to help the ones you can.

I am new to Worthy also, and I must say that when I found it I felt all alone in this world, but my spirits have been lifted just by reading what others are going through and how they have dealt with certain issues. I thank God for all of you who are searching for solutions.

In Jesus,

Janey

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/24/1975

I've thought about this for sometime now and I do believe that demons are involved in mental illness. I can't see how a somewhat healthy person can develop 'chemical imbalances' that are capable of throwing ones mind out into a state of insanity. I believe at some level, whether it be mild or extreme, demonic bondage is involved. Satan is lurking in this somewhere.

I hold a similar belief in the 'alien' controversy. I don't believe there are aliens, and if the claims of 'abductees' and 'UFO' witnesses were correct, I believe satan and his demons are involved, especially since the bible explains that they are able transform themselves and are extremely deceptive. Search the web for studies on this.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I've thought about this for sometime now and I do believe that demons are involved in mental illness. I can't see how a somewhat healthy person can develop 'chemical imbalances' that are capable of throwing ones mind out into a state of insanity. I believe at some level, whether it be mild or extreme, demonic bondage is involved. Satan is lurking in this somewhere.

Not always. My son was born with mental illness - my dad's mom had similar mental problems and the doctors attest that there is a genetic ingredient to the disorder.

I DO believe that demonic forces can give someone a problem that looks like a mental illness, but any mentally ill person I have met - and I have known several (friends of my son), were obviously not demon possesed.

I hold a similar belief in the 'alien' controversy. I don't believe there are aliens, and if the claims of 'abductees' and 'UFO' witnesses were correct, I believe satan and his demons are involved, especially since the bible explains that they are able transform themselves and are extremely deceptive. Search the web for studies on this.

I agree. Interstellar travel makes good science fiction, but it is not science. I do not believe that ANY alien abduction or contact is real, anymore than I believe that a "magician" can make the "Jack of Spades" into "The Queen of Hearts" by casting his hand over a deck of cards!