IGNORED

Is Jesus Yahweh?

Guest rekrul

Guest shiloh357

Ah, so what you seem to be saying is that unless a person agrees with your interpretation of scripture and accepts that Jesus is God, he / she will die in their sins - not enter the kingdom of heaven, and therefore go to hell?

We didn't say it... He said it...

John 8:24 "I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins."

And I have no problem believing every word that Jesus spoke. He never claimed to BE God. He claimed to be the son of God. He claimed to have come from the Father. He claimed to be the light of the world. He claimed that God, his father, honors him. He claimed to be the Christ. And He is my Lord. And I honor Him as such for He worthy of all glory & praise - having been exalted by God above all else.

Actually you are dead wrong. For one thing you don't have a clear grasp on what "Son of God" means.

In Jewish usage, the term

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

And I have no problem believing every word that Jesus spoke. He never claimed to BE God. He claimed to be the son of God. He claimed to have come from the Father. He claimed to be the light of the world. He claimed that God, his father, honors him. He claimed to be the Christ. And He is my Lord. And I honor Him as such for He worthy of all glory & praise - having been exalted by God above all else.

So what of Isaiah 9: 6?

For to us a child is born,

to us a son is given,

and the government will be on his shoulders.

And he will be called

Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,

Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

A question for you then. Are you saying that Jesus IS the Everlasting Father?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

A question for you then. Are you saying that Jesus IS the Everlasting Father?

Jesus said (as recorded in John 14)...

7 "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him."

8 Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us."

9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

10 "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works.

11 "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves.

1 John 5:7 (NKJV) "For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one."

... and yet so many refuse to believe. How can that be? :24:

Ah, so what you seem to be saying is that unless a person agrees with your interpretation of scripture and accepts that Jesus is God, he / she will die in their sins - not enter the kingdom of heaven, and therefore go to hell?

We didn't say it... He said it...

John 8:24 "I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins."

Actually you are dead wrong. For one thing you don't have a clear grasp on what "Son of God" means.

In Jewish usage, the term

Guest shiloh357
In your opinion, can a person be born of the Spirit of God - and still not accept that Jesus is God?

No, because without the Deity of Jesus there is no sacrifice for sin, hence there is no Christianity. There would be nothing to be born into. If you are born of the Spirit, then you will believe the Bible, which unequivacolly teaches that Jesus is God. To reject the Deity of Jesus is to call God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit liars, because all three attest to Jesus' Deity.

There are simply some basic Christian doctrines that cannot be compromised. The Deity of Jesus is what separates Jesus from other "religious teachers." If Jesus is not God, he is no better than Confuscious, Mohammud, Krishna, Buddha, etc. If Jesus is not God, we have nothing better than your garden variety pagan.

If Jesus is not God, we have no guarantee of salvation, not even a guarantee that Jesus was even resurrected. Jesus, as a mere man, cannot guarantee nor provide salvation for all mankind.

In your opinion, can a person be born of the Spirit of God - and still not accept that Jesus is God?

No, because without the Deity of Jesus there is no sacrifice for sin, hence there is no Christianity. There would be nothing to be born into. If you are born of the Spirit, then you will believe the Bible, which unequivacolly teaches that Jesus is God. To reject the Deity of Jesus is to call God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit liars, because all three attest to Jesus' Deity.

There are simply some basic Christian doctrines that cannot be compromised. The Deity of Jesus is what separates Jesus from other "religious teachers." If Jesus is not God, he is no better than Confuscious, Mohammud, Krishna, Buddha, etc. If Jesus is not God, we have nothing better than your garden variety pagan.

If Jesus is not God, we have no guarantee of salvation, not even a guarantee that Jesus was even resurrected. Jesus, as a mere man, cannot guarantee nor provide salvation for all mankind.

So you are saying then that in order to be born again, I have to go through a process of mental assent to some 'fundamental' doctrines of Christendom?

So you are saying then that in order to be born again, I have to go through a process of mental assent to some 'fundamental' doctrines of Christendom?

No... to be born again, you must believe God! :P Notice I didn't say "believe in" for even the demons know Him. Rather we are to "believe" His WORD and if we do, we freely submit ourselves to His will repenting of our sins and accepting His free gift of grace.

But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. [Romans 3:21,22]

What does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness." [Romans 4:3]

The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. He then brought them out and asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved

Guest shiloh357

You have to believe Jesus. When Jesus called Himself the "Son of God," it was an admittance on His part that He was and is God.

Do you want a more explicit declaration where Jesus said that He is God? Here is one for you. First of all notice what God said about Himself in the Old Testament:

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. (Isaiah 44:6)

Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

(Isaiah 48:12)

Now, according to God, He is the first and the last and there is NO OTHER God beside Him. Now, look at what Jesus says about Himself:

Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

(Revelation 1:11)

And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

(Revelation 1:17-18)

And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

(Revelation 2:8)

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. (Revelation 22:13)

Jesus is saying about Himself what God said could not be said about anyone other than Him. Therefore, Jesus is God.

So if you say that Jesus is not God, you are calling Jesus a liar. If He is a liar, He cannot be a savior.

So the choice before you, is either accept Jesus' testimony that He is God, or you must reject Him as your savior.