IGNORED

Is Jesus Yahweh?

Guest rekrul

Guest rekrul

Wayne B,

Do I deny that Jesus was divine? Absolutely not! He was divine. Think of all the things Jesus did and soon will do. Philippians says he was in the form of God, (which means something totally different than the trinitarian based translation of the New Living Translation) and counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped. That scripture makes sence if he is the Son of God because he proceeded from God, that makes him divine. However, not Almighty God.

A formost truth of Christianity is that of the ransom of Jesus. Wayne, do you deny the ransom? Did the co-eternal God Jesus died or didn't he? If he died, he is not eternal. If he didn't die, then there was no ransom. Why did Jesus, being God, have to learn obedience? Read John 6:38.

At John 20:17 Jesus told Mary Magdalene to tell the disciples: "I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God." And Jesus continued to refer to Him as such even in the last book of the Bible, after he was glorified.

My God does not die. (Habakkuk 1:12) 1/3rd of your God did, according to your teachings.

Jesus did not claim to be God, infact, 1 Corinthians 11:3 says that the head of Christ is God. Co-equal?

Jesus is my Savior. He is my ransomer, my Lord and redeemer. King. He died as a ransom for all mankind. I am not trying to upset anyone or glorify myself. I simply wish to help those sincerely want to know answers from God's Holy Bible. I aim to please God, not this privately funded and privately owned message board.

I hope that clears things up for you from my end, why don't you explain to my Wayne who Jesus is to you, with scriptures.

Edited by Ovedya

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Where do you come up with Yahweh?

We would like to have a context on why Jesus as a name goeth thorogh all nations, yet when the days comes that the lights of Iesu cannot be found in among the churches of Israel. Avoid grievous wolves who shread you and take your scriptures at the least keeping you asleep on the world.

Do you believe his ransom is for those he hath chosen or sealed or do you literally believe all men is 6 billion?

For your sake and Wayne's here's the 1526 N.T with abridging

ROmans 11:29-32 For verily the gifts and calling of God are such, that it cannot repent him of them,

30 for look, as ye in time passed have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy thorow their unbelief:

31 even so now have they not believed the mercy which is happened unto you; That they also may obtain mercy.

32 God hath wrapped all nations in unbelief, that he might have mercy on all

Yea and Iesu is a faithful speaking in the sight of God and I believe that your health in believing is your healing.

In Habbukuk, you can see it is sealed to the timE of the end, and can you see it open right here?

HAbackuk

2:16 Therefore with shame shalt thou be filled, in stead of honour. Drink thou also, till thou slumber withall: for the cup of the LORD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Rekrul,

I edited your post. Arguing a moderator's decisions on the open forums is not permitted. If you have an issue with any decision made by a moderator, take it to them in private.

With regard to the subject, it has been my experience that those who attempt to disprove Jesus as God typically separate Jesus' divinity and his humanity, to the peril of both. The Bible does not state at all that "God died." It does state that Jesus Christ died. And in fact, that part of Jesus which is wholly God did not "die" but remained very much alive in death. The Bible affirms to us this fact in various verses which talk about Jesus having descended to the lower parts of the earth.

Isaiah 9:6 is very clear that Jesus is God. If it were not so then this prophesy would have been wrong. And we know that not a single prophesy concerning Jesus Christ is wrong. It's very simple: Either the Bible is wrong or you are wrong. Take your pick.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,839
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Jesus is God. :noidea:

"For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:"

Job 19:25

who Jesus is to you, with scriptures.
:emot-highfive:

We Done Did It Mr. Rekrul.

But You Shined On The Bible's Words About The Living WORD Of God.

You Rejected Jesus Of Nazareth.

Worse, You Teach Another Christ.

:thumbsup:

We Know The Lord Jesus Came Down From His Father In Heaven To Do The Will Of His Abba Father

For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
John 6:38

And We Know The Christ Ascended Back Up To His Father In Heaven After He Did His Will.

Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
Acts 1:11

So I Am Astounded You Would Teach God Did Not Come In The Flesh!

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
2 John 1:7

:24:

Should You Be A True Brother By The Holy Blood Shed For The Remission Of Sins

Know I Pray For You And I Trust The One Who Holds My Salvation In His Holy Hand

To Teach You Who Jesus Is.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Colossians 3:16

Jesus Christ - The Keeper Of My Soul - The Capitan Of My Heart

"Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen."

Jude 1:24-25

Love. Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Wayne B,

Do I deny that Jesus was divine? Absolutely not! He was divine. Think of all the things Jesus did and soon will do. Philippians says he was in the form of God, (which means something totally different than the trinitarian based translation of the New Living Translation) and counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped. That scripture makes sence if he is the Son of God because he proceeded from God, that makes him divine. However, not Almighty God.

A formost truth of Christianity is that of the ransom of Jesus. Wayne, do you deny the ransom? Did the co-eternal God Jesus died or didn't he? If he died, he is not eternal. If he didn't die, then there was no ransom. Why did Jesus, being God, have to learn obedience? Read John 6:38.

At John 20:17 Jesus told Mary Magdalene to tell the disciples: "I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God." And Jesus continued to refer to Him as such even in the last book of the Bible, after he was glorified.

My God does not die. (Habakkuk 1:12) 1/3rd of your God did, according to your teachings.

Jesus did not claim to be God, infact, 1 Corinthians 11:3 says that the head of Christ is God. Co-equal?

Jesus is my Savior. He is my ransomer, my Lord and redeemer. King. He died as a ransom for all mankind. I am not trying to upset anyone or glorify myself. I simply wish to help those sincerely want to know answers from God's Holy Bible. I aim to please God, not this privately funded and privately owned message board.

I hope that clears things up for you from my end, why don't you explain to my Wayne who Jesus is to you, with scriptures.

Thank you "rekrul" for your thoughtful but edited reply.

To put this in context, I have quoted my post addressed to you from another thread. When asked by another member what you believed, you stated that it doesn't matter. It does and I explained why...

(rekrul @ Jul 30 2007, 03:30 PM)

Did I ask what your faith was? In reality, it doesn't matter what faith I am. I could be a Jehovah Witness maybe a Seventh Day Adventist or maybe a House of Yahwah member. You are "Born Again", I am a "Bible Student".

Yes it does matter rekrul. We are a privately funded, non-denominational Christian ministry. We invite both believers and unbelievers to join our boards but we do have restrictions. We do not let unbelievers participate in discussions relating to doctrine, which is why we have these forums in the Inner Court.

You can read our Statement of Beliefs. One defining reality, as we understand God's word, is that Jesus is God. There is no debate allowed regarding that TRUTH in the Inner Court. Those "religions" who do not teach that Jesus is God are apostate and cannot be considered Christian in our opinion. Since we are privately funded and privately owned, we can enforce that distinction based on our understanding.

Therefore, who is Jesus to you? If you deny His divinity, you are still welcome here but discussion will be limited to the Outer Court area... and as long as you do not violate our Terms of Service, you can stay for as long as you like.

So please clarify... who is Jesus to you, rekrul?

May the Lord Bless you richly,

wayne, your servant

Now to answer your question.

Who is Jesus to me?

He is... Immanuel"

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/07/1949

What I find really sad rekrul is that you come on these boards expecting everyone to debate you saying "you aim to please God not this privately funded, privately owned message board" but I challenge you to show me one board on the internet sponsored by the watchtower organization where christians and Jehovah's witnesses are encouraged to debate together. Such a place doesn't exist, you know it and I know it. The reason you won't come clean about being a JW is because according to your organization this is an apostate board and you are going against everything your organization teaches you by being here in the first place, is that not true? Remember rekrul "Mother is watching". You will know what I mean by that. Stafford had to learn the hard way.

[quote name='Rebmilc' date='Aug 2 2007, 04:40 PM' post

The problem with JW"s is they believe Jesus is a secondary god not GOD MANIFEST IN THE FLESH as1TIMOTHY 3.16 TEACHES !!!!! Their bilble does not say that theirs says a god Note the fact that they deny the deity of CHRIST !!!!!!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

[quote name='Rebmilc' date='Aug 2 2007, 04:40 PM' post

The problem with JW"s is they believe Jesus is a secondary god not GOD MANIFEST IN THE FLESH as1TIMOTHY 3.16 TEACHES !!!!! Their bilble does not say that theirs says a god Note the fact that they deny the deity of CHRIST !!!!!!

The error of the Jehovah's Witnesses is essentially that of Arius. Jesus was not fully God, not fully man, but a third thing: An "exalted" man.