IGNORED

Do you have personal Christian Friends who are Gay?

MeCajunboy

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

I would like to hear from your personal experiences if you have Christian Friends who are Gay ? I've often heard in other Worthy Topics where people speak of their "many" gay friends. I was just wondering, if you know someone who lives a homosexual lifestyle (which we're instructed is sexual sin, along with many other types), or if you perhaps attend church with a friend who is a practicing homosexual, do you feel comfortable with your relationship knowing that the Bible forbids it!

1Cor 5:9-13 When I wrote to you before (meaning Paul to Cor.), I told you not to associate with people who indulge in sexual sin. But I wasn't talking about unbelievers who indulge in suexual sin, or who are greedy or are swindlers or idol worshipers. You would have to leave this world to avoid people like that. What I meant was that you ar not to associate with anyone who claims to be a Christian, yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy , or worships idols, or is abusive or a drunkard, or a swindler. Don't even eat with such people.

It isn't my responsibility to dudge outsiders, but it certainly is your job to judge those inside the church who are sinning in these ways. God will judge those on the outside, but as the Scriptures say, "you must remove the evil person from among you." (I can only assume that we are not to associate with these type of sinners for fear that it might eventually lend itself to an "accepting" tendency, or even worse!

It is very evident that with all the recent Judicial and Legislative decision making on the "homosexual orientation" agenda, that many are becoming "desensitised" in this area of life, and it's becoming a more acceptable "lifestyle" even though we all know God's views on it.

And I do realize that we are to "LOVE" or neighbors as we love our own, so before you go off defending another scripture/verse here, I would ask that we stay on topic and on "scripture."

Thanks in advance

Any thoughts?

Cajunboy

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Content Count:  7,844
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

I don't have any 'gay friends' as such.

I have one or two 'gay acquaintances or workmates'.

But they are only my 'friends' as long as I don't try to impose my 'beliefs' upon them, and their lifestyle.

Friendship has an uncanny habit of 'breaking down' at that point :emot-highfive:

Guest Biblicist

Cajunboy ~

I do not have any "gay" friends that I am aware of. That may sound funny but I don't have any friends, outside of Worthy :emot-highfive: and the people that I do know, outside of my church don't share their personal lives with me. It's not really something that I ask.

However, I do have a cousin who was gay, and one of my cousins died of Aids as a result of his homosexual lifestyle. He was a dear sweet man, a wonderful cousin and kind gentelman. He prayed he would get Aids so he could be released from that lifestyle. I did not even know about his lifestyle till he contracted Aids.

My other cousin, a girl, has since realized her sin of homosexuality because of some loving family members who were willing to sit her down and explain the Truth to her. She does not have any male type friends, in the romantic sort of way but she no longer has any female romantic interests, that I know of. And yes, my cousin is my friend. I love her, she and I grew up together. I know the types of things that happened to her as a child that made her choose that sort of lifestlye. I think that makes all the difference in the world, and it makes me less judgemental of her.

Both my cousins are and were raised Chrisitan. The one who died, I believe, is in Glory with the Saviour. He was a great witness at the end of his life and wrote his testimony to share with the Homosexual community about his release from that sinful way of life. It's called "How AIDS Saved My Life" by Danny Rogers.

I love my cousins like I would love anyone in my family who is living in a sinful lifestyle. Maybe more.

I don't have any 'gay friends' as such.

I have one or two 'gay acquaintances or workmates'.

But they are only my 'friends' as long as I don't try to impose my 'beliefs' upon them, and their lifestyle.

Friendship has an uncanny habit of 'breaking down' at that point :D

Cajunboy:::::Jesus, Cakes does that sound like a "friendship" to you?? Sounds kind of one-sided to me.

Anyway, maybe one day one of them will call on you for "advice" and there's your opportunity! BAM!

Not related to that local New Orleans Chef! lol

Cajunboy

Cajunboy ~

I do not have any "gay" friends that I am aware of. That may sound funny but I don't have any friends, outside of Worthy :D and the people that I do know, outside of my church don't share their personal lives with me. It's not really something that I ask.

However, I do have a cousin who was gay, and one of my cousins died of Aids as a result of his homosexual lifestyle. He was a dear sweet man, a wonderful cousin and kind gentelman. He prayed he would get Aids so he could be released from that lifestyle. I did not even know about his lifestyle till he contracted Aids.

My other cousin, a girl, has since realized her sin of homosexuality because of some loving family members who were willing to sit her down and explain the Truth to her. She does not have any male type friends, in the romantic sort of way but she no longer has any female romantic interests, that I know of. And yes, my cousin is my friend. I love her, she and I grew up together. I know the types of things that happened to her as a child that made her choose that sort of lifestlye. I think that makes all the difference in the world, and it makes me less judgemental of her.

Both my cousins are and were raised Chrisitan. The one who died, I believe, is in Glory with the Saviour. He was a great witness at the end of his life and wrote his testimony to share with the Homosexual community about his release from that sinful way of life. It's called "How AIDS Saved My Life" by Danny Rogers.

I love my cousins like I would love anyone in my family who is living in a sinful lifestyle. Maybe more.

Cajunboy::::Right! And we're encouraged to love all mankind, no matter what the sin. I'm just curious to know, "If God put it in your heart (if HE hasn't already), to give a sermon on homosexuality and sexual desires(of a sinful nature) and you realized that much of your congregation was gay, would you still go through with it?? Just curious?

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I would like to hear from your personal experiences if you have Christian Friends who are Gay ?

Shalom Cajunboy,

No, I don't have any Christian "gay" friends, because I do not believe one can TRULY be a Christian and be a practicing homosexual.

Yes, I have had some gay friends in the past and yes some of them asserted that they were Christians, but again, if one is a TRUE Christian, they will not willfully engage in sinful behavior and call it good.

We, as Christians, are to love the sinner, but never enable them to keep on sinning by letting them think they are Christians.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I have one friend who is gay.

But he is currently pretty neutral about faith. We grew up together and he told me he was gay when he was in his late 20's. That was over ten years ago. We were in the same Christian youth group as teenagers; we went to the same church, made some of the same mistakes etc.

I do stick by him, but right now the issue of our faith just bores him, I am not bringing it up in a direct way except by just normal conversations about our lives and what we are doing.

Frankly his life is very depressing to me. He has had a numerous men, he knows very few gay men who are monogamous or even recognize monogamy the way I understand it. He still does the gay bar scene. It is like he is perpetually 19, when you are forty that is just a sad case, gay or straight.

But he is a funny guy and we have a total history together and I don't give up friends regardless of what they do.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

I have been aquainted wirh every type of sinner you can name but I have never been friends with them, not since I became committed to the Lord. Read 2COR.6:14-18. Paul makes it fairly clear how we should seperate ourselves from known unsaved.

Sure we can witness to them, but should have nothing to do with them socially.

Let me ask. Would you befriend a serial killer or rapist, or paedaphile or the mafia or a common thief? They are all sinners too. I know I wouldn't.

Guest Biblicist
Cajunboy::::Right! And we're encouraged to love all mankind, no matter what the sin. I'm just curious to know, "If God put it in your heart (if HE hasn't already), to give a sermon on homosexuality and sexual desires(of a sinful nature) and you realized that much of your congregation was gay, would you still go through with it?? Just curious?

Well, I don't give sermons but if I felt led of the Lord to speak about homosexuality to women and I knew there were going to be lesbians there I don't think I would let that sway me. I would simply ask the Lord to speak through me instead of the words simply coming from me. Isn't that what all preachers/teachers should do anyway? :35: My pastor recently finished a series of sermons, 23 I think, on Overcoming Life Dominating Sins. Homosexuality is only one of those.

Since I don't believe one can lose their salvation I believe that a child can accept Christ and grow up to make some really bad decisions. Homosexuality is a bad decision like thevory, rape, murder, lying, fornication, adultry. All are sins that are forgiven. I can not judge a person's heart condition by their actions since mine don't speak to highly of my relationship with the Lord either. Like I said, it helps to know the person One can not know a person unless they become their friend.

One must be very careful how closely they stick to a Brother who is living in sin. The Bible clearly teaches us that we must be careful lest we fall into the same temptation. But we can not shun them or call them not our friends because of their choices. Goodness, we wouldn't be friends with anyone then. :thumbsup: And if we don't stick close enough to them they don't want to hear what we have to say about their lifestyle anyway. It's a fine line that we walk, but Jesus walked it and we can strive to walk like he did. Eat with sinners, show them the Truth. :emot-hug:

People don't care how much you know, till they know how much you care.

While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Christ was a friend of sinners. We should be too. LOVE covers over a multitude of sins. :thumbsup: