• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

I am supposed to get married on Aug 16. On the 17 we were planning to go to a Christian concert in Northern Ohio for a honeymoon. Well. The college I enrolled in called today and informed me there was only 1 orinetation day left for fall quater. Of course that would be the 17th! What would you all do? If I don't do orientation I lose my spot. If I do it no honeymoon. Help!!! :b:

Guest LadyC

there will always be other opportunities to celebrate your marriage.... this is really a decision only you can make. you need to sit down with your fiancee and talk it over with him, and both of you pray about it. let God lead you. the honeymoon date isn't going to have an impact on the rest of your life, but an education probably will.

if i were in your shoes, i really don't know what i'd do. i'd be torn, as you obviously are... but i'd definitely commit it to prayer. once you make a decision, you'll know whether it was the right one or the wrong one by the amount of peace you feel... or the lack of peace.

and then, if necessary, you can adjust your decision accordingly.

congratulations on your impending marriage :b:

Guest saviorofmine34
there will always be other opportunities to celebrate your marriage.... this is really a decision only you can make. you need to sit down with your fiancee and talk it over with him, and both of you pray about it. let God lead you. the honeymoon date isn't going to have an impact on the rest of your life, but an education probably will.

if i were in your shoes, i really don't know what i'd do. i'd be torn, as you obviously are... but i'd definitely commit it to prayer. once you make a decision, you'll know whether it was the right one or the wrong one by the amount of peace you feel... or the lack of peace.

congratulations on your impending marriage :24:

Agreed :24:

L

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

congratulations on your impending marriage :emot-hug:

Best advice possible, I think!

Guest Biblicist

Congratulations!! :emot-hug: Who's the lucky, inteligent fella? Does he come here to Worthy?

I think it depends on the concert. If it's Steven Curtis Chapman I think I'd have to do some serious soul searching about that one! :noidea:

Plus, if you are coming to Northeast Ohio you could meet me! What better reason to put off your college education! :43:

LadyC is right, she gives wise councel. Talk to your beau and work it out. You can postpone your honeymoon a couple days. Both things have to do with your future.

edit ~ Did you already purchase the tickets? :emot-hug: That may change things, tickets to the Blink Concert are $30 and up a piece aren't they? That would make the decision fairly difficult.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

LOL it was the blink concert!!!! I had not gotten ticks yet...was going to order them first of the week. We mainly wanted to see Red and Pillar. The man is Knight Of Christ from here in worthy. Matter of fact we met in chat initialy. LOL long story.