tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

So are you saying that Christians will never feel temptation?

I guess you missed my post?

Temptation was not mentioned in any of MY posts. I spoke of actions that were born out of the desires of the heart.

Romans 1:27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. 28 Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Matthew 15:19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

Galatians 5:19 The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;

Eph 5:3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

Jude 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Also Jesus was tempted does that make him a sinner

Hebrews 4:14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin. 16 Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

1 Cor. 10:13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

Help me understand the difference between feeling the urge to do something and not following through and temptation

Guest Biblicist

tsth,

If you believe that a person can lose their salvation through their actions then yes, a person who is a homosexual, or any other sin for that matter, is no longer a Christian until they repent.

If that is true than what sins will cause you to lose your salvation? Lying? Stealing? Or the really big red letter sins? How do we decide, where do we draw the line?

On the other hand, if you do not believe a person will lose their salvation through their actions then they are indeed Christians, possibly saved as a child and strayed away as teens/adults.

Some churches are lying to people now, you realize this, they are telling people that God will accept them no matter what they do, and they are telling people that homosexuality is not a sin at all. They even have Biblical proof to back it up! I've read it, I've heard it. It's amazing how false teachers can twist Scripture, just as Satan did, to make anything sound OK in God's eyes. It is possible that some of these Christians, like my cousin, are simply falsly lead into believing that God accepts their choice. It's a very sad sorry state to be in. :thumbsup:

Bibs

:thumbsup:

tsth,

If you believe that a person can lose their salvation through their actions then yes, a person who is a homosexual, or any other sin for that matter, is no longer a Christian until they repent.

(In answer to your question, no, I do not believe what you stated above. I do believe that they were not really saved in the first place, they are false conversions....but that is a WHOLE OTHER TOPIC, isn't it? :thumbsup: )

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,848
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Sheesh......not another 'gay' thread..???

For what it's worth...........I don't believe that there is such a thing as a 'gay Christian'....

Anymore than I think that there is, for example, a 'Christian murderer'...

They gotta give up one or the other.

People, although they may profess to have Christian beliefs, and, indeed, may in fact do so......

.....must choose, at any given moment in time, whether they are going to follow their consciences as a Christian, or choose to murder, maim, engage in 'gay lifestyles'....or whatever.

I maintain that you cannot be both 'Christian' and 'Gay' at the same time! .....One has to give way to the other, in your hearts, at that particular moment in time. :thumbsup:

Please don't say there is such a thing as a 'gay Christian'......there is not.

And if you think there is..........show me scriptural evidence to support it. :thumbsup:

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. 12 It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope--the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

15 These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. 12 It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope--the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

15 These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.

In His Love,

Suzanne

The verse you quoted does not say we will not experience such passions. It says we should say no to them when we do

Guest Biblicist

tsth,

(In answer to your question, no, I do not believe what you stated above. I do believe that they were not really saved in the first place, they are false conversions....but that is a WHOLE OTHER TOPIC, isn't it? :thumbsup: )

In His Love,

Suzanne

So you are saying that every child who becomes saved is a false conversion then because we all fall into sin through our teens and adult years. Goodness I have sin in my life every day. Something that I do or say that goes against God's word.

When do you believe Salvation is valid then?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

Do you have personal Christian Friends who are Gay?

The above thread, truly troubled me.

How can that be so? It is an abomination to God, right? So, can you be practicing homosexuality AND naming the name of Christ too?

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness." 20 In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble. 21 If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.

22 Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

In His Love,

Suzanne

It is very possible for a homosexual who struggles with his sin and falls back into it to be a Christian. The issue is ongoing repentance and renewal. All Christians are sinners and we all continue in sin. The difference is we acknowledge it to God and strive against it. We daily return to our baptism and confess our sins. A homosexual that does not acknowledge or feel sorrow for his sin is a different story and I hope that is what you are referring to.

But I will go so far as to say that anyone claiming the name of Christ who does not acknowledge they are still a sinner has a faith that may be in doubt. That is true apart from the specific issue of homosexuality.

sw

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness." 20 In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble. 21 If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.

22 Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

In His Love,

Suzanne

But, what about being "Born Again"? And a "new creation" in Christ Jesus?

Mark 2:22 And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, he pours new wine into new wineskins."

Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Ro 7:6 -

But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

1Co 5:7 -

Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast--as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.

2 Cor. 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Ga 6:15 -

Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation.

In His Love,

Suzanne

I am merely pointing out Scripture.

Which seems obvious in It's meaning.

Ga 6:15 -

Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation.

It is a circumcision of the heart.

Eph. 2:11 In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ,

In His Love,

Suzanne

In His Love,

Suzanne

Romans 1:27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. 28 Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Matthew 15:19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

Galatians 5:19 The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;

Eph 5:3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

Jude 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Hebrews 4:14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin. 16 Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

1 Cor. 10:13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

In His Love,

Suzanne

John 3:19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

In His Love,

Suzanne

In His Love,

Suzanne

So, is the general consensus that you do not believe the Scriptures? I always find it interesting when the majority would rather walk in gray than the obvious. Why do you not encourage/promote/teach what is written?

In His Love,

Suzanne