IGNORED

10,000 Clergy Preach Darwin Over Scripture.

Treasure

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

completely out-of-context, that was obviously a parable

It's context doesn't indicate that it's a parable!

:noidea:

Scripture bites YZ again.

Is not there as scripture prohibiting crossbreeding of animals an such? I know I saw it but right now cannot find it nor my concordance? I can go back in generations in family and I can tell you no matter how many letters one uses to seperate subdivisions ,We all look familiar to each other without much deviation. The ark was filled with one of each kind as to perserve each kind. And all others I would imagine died..perhaps not certain bacterias and their mutations as well as viruses and parasites. My daughter keeps getting strepp while in school...so did my sisters while they were younger as well as my mom. I have a immunity to strepp and so does my father. Would you say through the evolutionary line I am of a greater subtype and my species has a greater chance to continue on? Just hypothethical question?

When we arrive in heaven will we know our noahic and abrahamic line? I believe in antediluvians and a type of very wicked race that mixed together with the Godly race The Nephilium and then God says he was Sorry He made man... He was Grieved In His Heart . But the again in vers 23 of genesis it says He blotted out every living thing that was upon the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds in the sky..... I guess we had done something right cause that was kind of quick. We seemed to last a whole lot longer but not for long in this generation it appears.

Science and scripture will never harmonize and if it did I would be scared.The conclusions of science is based on the amount of data available. Scientific data is always in a state of flux and conclusions are always open to change. Scripture is based on a concrete basis that does not change and will not. The opinion of man might change but never the word of God so therefore there can be no conclusion. This is why we will be destroyed by fire. Genesis is repeating itself prior to the flood but we are not worse than Noahs days at all yet but it will happen fast..... Just wanted to add 1/10th of a penny's worth..I find this interesting. :emot-highfive::) patricia

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/21/1985

You guys are starting to get into the Calvinism/Arminianism/Open Theism/Fate topic. Probably wise to do that in another forum. Trust me, if you do, I'll join in the conversation.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/04/1963

If God chooses some over others to be saved, he is actively stopping people from getting salvation.

God has given everybody a chance of Salvation through Jesus and each one of us has a decision to make before time runs out. Why playing mindgames with God when you can avoid becoming a casualty? He is the One who judges, He is the One who saves, and He has given you the opportunity. Let Him be God... for your own sake!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/04/1963

But if God knows the final outcome, he has set in place a cause-effect relationship that inevitably leads to said outcome. God is loading the dice for me to reject him.

Interesting conclusion. But knowing the final outcome does not necessarily mean 'loading the dice' for it would incur a violation of God's Own Standards. You see yourself as irreversibly condemned before Final Judgement and I wonder why?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The only theory of evolution that exists within religion, is growth, and spirutal knowledge derived from the Gospel.

Phl 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but [this] one thing [i do], forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

Act 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

:24:

Everlasting,

Moon over Key Biscayne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

But if God knows the final outcome, he has set in place a cause-effect relationship that inevitably leads to said outcome. God is loading the dice for me to reject him.

Interesting conclusion. But knowing the final outcome does not necessarily mean 'loading the dice' for it would incur a violation of God's Own Standards. You see yourself as irreversibly condemned before Final Judgement and I wonder why?

The point is, even if I don't know my final decision, God does. God has still seen my (probable) future rejection of him even at the beginning of the universe, and still set in motion a sequence of events that would influence my decision and bring it to an inevitable conclusion. What else can I assume other than this is what God WANTS?

When you get a free moment alone and can picture this, think of something: God does know your final decision, that much is true, but maybe He knows your final decision will be for Jesus....

Because that is what God wants. :thumbsup:

Could that possibly change your outlook on things one day?

t.

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

a part of the problem here might be that the Genesis account is incomplete, it is not the full story of what took place at creation but only the limited portion that we could understand and use.

disagree...Genesis 1 is a strictly chronological, literal narrative, and Genesis 2 fills in details of the account, which was a traditional Hebrew way of writing, to keep the narrative moving...

the account is succinct and somewhat general, but is nonetheless complete...the Psalms and prophets also recount some fascinating details of the creation event, such as the supernatural inflation of the cosmsos,

it's those details that can fill in the account that show that the account is incomplete.

while keeping in mind that the account IS the complete account that was given the prophets, so we see the entire account that was Given, while NOT seeing EVERY detail of the event itself.

hence complete AND incomplete at the same time.

sort of like Revelation describes things that the language used by the inspired writer had no words for.

there isn't any symbolism in Genesis 1 and 2...none at all

human words are symbols, they describe events, the map is not the territory, so ANY description consisting solely of words is incomplete and symbolic of the event described.

the essence of writing is choosing which symbols to use to represent what the writer is trying to describe.

{ God Creates using Words, but those Words are NOT human language and not limited as human language is to pure symbolism.}

I couldn't pass by without responding to the beauty of your words. meditating on that awhile, how awesome! we pitiful humans can see water falling from the sky and can only call it rain. while if God says 'rain', there is rain - manifested. that reminds me of the scene described in the Garden - God brings around all the animals to see what Adam will call them. what a magnificent creator - to find out, to care what we will call them. Amen.

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

the God of the Bible

part of the civil/ceremonial law specific to Israel...only the moral law endures, and what Christ refers to as will by no means pass away

Is that YOUR God of the Bible, or that of the other countless denominations in the world today?

Seems a bit of an arbitrary law in any case. Why would God be offended if the Levites wore wool and linen, yet not the rest of the population?

in this thread, you have read quite a bit about the symbolism in the Christian Bible. the wool/linen thing is one of those. When God was setting up for the redemption of mankind to take place within time, he set apart a people from which it would begin. in keeping with said plan of redemption, he literally set them apart for awhile. various laws were enacted in order to remind them that they were set apart. not mixing fabrics, abstaining from certain foods, keeping a sabbath day, etc. etc. are a few examples. now don't quote me on this, but i believe there were 613 different laws of the Torah but the truly amazing thing? every one of these appears to be what is called a fore-shadowing - they would stand as symbolic for something in the future - many turned out to be either a type of the redemptive plan itself (Jesus Christ) or a type of the future Kingdom of God.

The point is, even if I don't know my final decision, God does. God has still seen my (probable) future rejection of him even at the beginning of the universe, and still set in motion a sequence of events that would influence my decision and bring it to an inevitable conclusion. What else can I assume other than this is what God WANTS?
When you get a free moment alone and can picture this, think of something: God does know your final decision, that much is true, but maybe He knows your final decision will be for Jesus....

Because that is what God wants. :thumbsup:

Could that possibly change your outlook on things one day?

t.

:huh:

What God Wants...

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2 Peter 3:9

What God Did...

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

If Today You Should Hear...

While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
Hebrews 3:15

Believe

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
John 5:24

And Confess

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:9-10

See Jesus And Be Blessed

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

Guest ndmh832005
10,000 Clergy Preach Darwin over Scripture

by Lawrence Ford

Many pastors take advantage of special occasions and holidays to preach topical sermons of importance to families, communities, and even the nation. Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Independence Day