• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Thanks for posting.

Yeah. I'm not trying to be a mocker or chump. I've just never been in a situation where I saw something supernatural.

By Biblical times, I meant around the time the Bible was written.

I've heard of people getting healed and a few other things over the years, but wasn't sure if it was coincidence; positive thinking.

The broken bone story is interesting, though. Maybe some miracles make the news & are forgotten, or just don't make the news because people wouldn't believe them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Just curious. Maybe it was towards the end of the Bible. Paul losing his his sight?

Have any miracles happened since the events of the Bible?

Miracles don't happen anymore since biblical times (none are proven, right?) If someone claimed a miracle 1000 years ago or today, it's suspect for not being the Bible, correct?

Thanks for any info.

Yes, miracles definitely still occur. Each saint named by the Catholic Church must have at least 2 miracles attributed to them. The RCC goes thru an arduous, pain-staking process to determine that the miracles are valid. This process can take years, and involves research into records and interviews of eye witnesses. You'd be hard-pressed to find a miracle accepted by the Church that has been disproven.

Look up any saint and you will find the miracles attributed to them.

Peace,

Fiosh

:thumbsup:

Thanks for posting.

Yeah. I'm not trying to be a mocker or chump. I've just never been in a situation where I saw something supernatural.

By Biblical times, I meant around the time the Bible was written.

I've heard of people getting healed and a few other things over the years, but wasn't sure if it was coincidence; positive thinking.

The broken bone story is interesting, though. Maybe some miracles make the news & are forgotten, or just don't make the news because people wouldn't believe them.

I've often wondered myself why we don't see more stories about miracle cures in the news????

Guest Robert R
Just curious. Maybe it was towards the end of the Bible. Paul losing his his sight?

Miracles don't happen anymore since biblical times (none are proven, right?) If someone claimed a miracle 1000 years ago or today, it's suspect for not being the Bible, correct?

Thanks for any info.

Where does the Bible say Paul lost his sight?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

When my wife and I were first trying to get pregnant, she was on Clomid (sp?), which, for some reason just wasn't working. At the same time, I had begun to reexamine my own life, and the way God wanted me to spend it.

After the final attempt and realization that the clomid just wasn't working, we finally decided to go into the Mission field... we believed that God was withholding children so that we could do this. About a week after making that decision, getting the paperwork around, and laying the groundwork here at home, my wife got pregnant. At the time, we believed this to be a miracle... a belief which was still there, but started to fade (after all, we -had- been on medication intended for exactly this outcome).

Recently, God reminded us that it was -His- hand, after all, when my wife became pregnant again -- and again, with twins, but without Clomid. We believe this to be a miracle. Someone who doesn't believe in them, would, I suppose say it's not, and with just as much conviction -- and just as much evidence.

Another: I was driving through a torrential downpour in Canada a few years ago. Visibility was less than three feet in front of us, and the roads were slick. My wife and two children were in the car, and the roads were fairly crowded for the conditions. I was exhausted from driving, and basically driving blind. So I began to pray. In the course of my prayer, I heard a voice tell me to take my own hands from the steering wheel. I ignored it, and the rain kept coming. The voice spoke again. And again. My faith was small -- say, the size of a mustard seed -- and when I did take my hands from the wheel, it wasn't for a very long time... just enough to show I was listening. Within seconds, the rain stopped.

I have more... many, many more. A miracle, after all, is simply the Hand of God moving in the natural world. My salvation is a miracle ... the possibility of such is itself a miracle. To the athiest, or to the one who refuses to believe God still moves His hand, these things are coincidence. But again, I say there is as much evidence for that as there is for these things being miraculous.

In fact, if I may employ Occam's razor for a moment... which makes more sense; that I removed my hands from the wheel after praying for help in the rain at what happened to be exactly the same time that the storm was about to break, or that the One who controls the weather answered my prayer?

You have given me an idea, Jeff. I just emailed our local newspaper and asked why I have never seen an article on the topic of miracle cures.

F

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I've often wondered myself why we don't see more stories about miracle cures in the news????

Because claiming knowledge of supernatural events has never done much for a journalist's credibility...the industry pretty much thrives on a more skeptical approach.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

Because claiming knowledge of supernatural events has never done much for a journalist's credibility...the industry pretty much thrives on a more skeptical approach.

Good point. :24:

I remember when I told my mother I had accepted the Lord and explained the circumstances, she was very skeptical. In fact she invited a psychologist to dinner to hear my story, expecting he might think I was halucinating or something. :24: He didn't, thank God!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Good point. :24:

I remember when I told my mother I had accepted the Lord and explained the circumstances, she was very skeptical. In fact she invited a psychologist to dinner to hear my story, expecting he might think I was halucinating or something. :24: He didn't, thank God!

Yes I have seen miracles with my own eyes. Arms grow that were proven medically to have been 3 inches in length.

My own right hip grew out of place , no one knew... I had pain there all the time..I went to a chiropractor after a car accident and he had told me that reason for pain. A very long time later a couple visiting my chuch called me up, moved in the word of knowledge, God revealed the problem, without pain and without being slain in the spirit I felt my hip move back into place. I went to the chiroprator, he exrayed it an it not only fitted in place but spurs were gone and there was no tissue damage.. That was in 1986. The pain had been there since1967. Salvation is a miracle. I was walking to pay for gas across one of those multi gas giving places. A car came flyin in so fast my friend was watching all the cusomers were wathing. I had no where to go. I said Jesus! that car stopped millimeters in fron of me. possibly size of a pencil eraser. I saw ears opened. You gotta remember I am 50 yrs old...I have seen a lot. I have seen the other side too. :24:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Thanks for any info.

I see miracles happening frequently. We pray for healing often, and people recover...grave illnesses like cancer and heart defects and other dire circumstances--like our pastor, who was totally sterile--no sperm AT ALL--was able to father a child, a beautiful boy, after prayer and fasting, and a word of knowledge. God is awesome, and He NEVER CHANGES.

God hears and answers. We have the power of the Holy Spirit in us to work such things, but how many use it?

Mark 16:17-18 is a promise of Jesus...

These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak in new languages. They will be able to handle snakes with safety, and if they drink anything poisonous, it won