• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1956

:emot-handshake: Got another one !

On Eph. 6 On the Armour of God .

i have read this many times ! And i have heard of many sermons on this topic !

Some read this as a prayer daily, using all the scriptures of the full armour of God, putting this into their lives every morning.

We all go through Spiritual Warfare !

i was asked in church : "Do You Wear The Armour Of God " ?

Do you put on the "Full Armour " ? I said of course. But afterwards thinking i was confused .

How does one wear the Armour of God ??

My salvation is in Christ, the helmet.

The brest plate--- to be honest, i could'nt say i'm righteous.

Only God, Is ! But i know the difference between right & wrong.

I put on the waist band-- of God's truth, everywhere i go.

I shod my feet, and walk & share the gospel, to the unsaved & help believers.

i carry the shield, cause my faith in Christ.

And i carry the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God, with me, inside of my mind, heart, soul, spirit.

Now, i need to know how do you other Christians wear your Armour ?

Am i doing mine right ?

lastly, how do you use your "Full Armour of God", against the enemy, when he strikes you ?

i pray ! And i also get discourage . need help on this from brothers & sisters in Christ !

Thanks !

GBU

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

:cool: Got another one !

Some read this as a prayer daily, using all the scriptures of the full armour of God, putting this into their lives every morning.

Do you put on the "Full Armour " ? I said of course. But afterwards thinking i was confused .

And i carry the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God, with me, inside of my mind, heart, soul, spirit.

Am i doing mine right ?

lastly, how do you use your "Full Armour of God", against the enemy, when he strikes you ?

i pray ! And i also get discourage . need help on this from brothers & sisters in Christ !

Thanks !

GBU

The full armour of God is indeed our assurance of salvation and God's Truth and Word!

To be righteous is attainable by us, it is not something only reserved for God, because as you look through the Word you will see mention of holy and righteous people before the Lord. To be righteous is to be acting in an upright, moral way; virtuous: a righteous and godly person. (according to the dictionary) If you, and indeed all of us, live according to God's commandments and law following His Word thn we could and should be living righteously before God in all we do.

I pray most mornings that God will help me be righteous in His sight and help me to be clean and pure in my living and thinking so that I can stad before Him in peace and be a good example to those around me. I strive for righteousness in my life, I read the Word daily and study it also so that my knowledge and memory will be full of it and also so that it resides in my heart. I know my salvation is in the Lord Jesus and truely believe that is assured, I speak truth whenever I can and really try hard not to lie and keep God Truth within me, and to also speak of Jesus whenever the opportunity comes up. And above all I have faith in my God, my shield is always with me so no matter what the enemy throws I have my faith to protect me and the Word of God to fight with, because the devil can't stand the Truth!

The armour isn't just something you wear, it's the way you live.

• Group:  Members

:wub: Got another one !

Am i doing mine right ?

Thanks !

GBU

The full armour of God is indeed our assurance of salvation and God's Truth and Word!

To be righteous is attainable by us, it is not something only reserved for God, because as you look through the Word you will see mention of holy and righteous people before the Lord. To be righteous is to be acting in an upright, moral way; virtuous: a righteous and godly person. (according to the dictionary) If you, and indeed all of us, live according to God's commandments and law following His Word thn we could and should be living righteously before God in all we do.

I pray most mornings that God will help me be righteous in His sight and help me to be clean and pure in my living and thinking so that I can stad before Him in peace and be a good example to those around me. I strive for righteousness in my life, I read the Word daily and study it also so that my knowledge and memory will be full of it and also so that it resides in my heart. I know my salvation is in the Lord Jesus and truely believe that is assured, I speak truth whenever I can and really try hard not to lie and keep God Truth within me, and to also speak of Jesus whenever the opportunity comes up. And above all I have faith in my God, my shield is always with me so no matter what the enemy throws I have my faith to protect me and the Word of God to fight with, because the devil can't stand the Truth!

The armour isn't just something you wear, it's the way you live.

:wub: Luke, I like your answer !

Mainly, on what you said about : " The Armour isn't something you wear, it's the way you live ".

I like i said read Eph.6 many times. I never thought about wearing it either , but i always thought as a Christian this is the way as Christians should live, as a way of life !

Were doing a study on this in our church, so when the question hit me, my mind was in re-reading, that i wasn't paying attention on what was thrown on me, as far as the question.

i guess i need to pay more attention more !

And yes i do struggle living Holy and Righteous before the LORD !

I do follow Him, and yes i do have many faults, where i have fallen. But Our God, is Good, and Mericyful, and as we come to Him , He is Just, and to Forgive our sins.

I do get distracted alot, from the world around me, and struggle with unsave people who are led by evil, that don't even see it ! So, that's why i ask on how do you use the armour against evil ! Because even the devil knows the scriptures . The devil, will use people who are open to him, to tormanment Christians, only those don't see that the Battle has already been won ! There's alot more that i can go into, but i be getting way off now. So, i'll stick with the Armour. But again , Thanks for your answers !

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Almost every morning I put on my armour--in my imagination as I get dressed, I add these pieces of armour:

Helmet of Salvation--to guard my mind from evil thoughts.

Breastplate of Righteousness--because Jesus' righteousness is imputed to me--it guards my heart.

Belt of Truth--cinches me in with truth, that makes me stand tall and firm on the truth of God's Word to me and about me!

Boots of Peace--take me into daily battle with peace --everywhere I go, peace is added and peace is in me.

Shield of Faith--protects me from the hardball of Satan--accusations, falsehoods, etc, my faith remains firm in Jesus.

Sword of the Spirit--I take the Word of God with me everywhere--in the book itself, and memorized in my mind, and I speak it out loud so the devil can hear it in the skirmish--it gives me leverage and victory. It is the only offensive weapon at our disposal!

It's the Word of God that defeats Satan--just as Jesus defeated Satan at His temptation by the Word of God alone.

I add another piece of armour, spoken of in Isaiah 59:17...

For He put on righteousness as a breastplate, And a helmet of salvation on His head; He put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, And was clad with zeal as a cloak.

Cloak of Zeal--the NLT calls it "cloak of divine passion". I put on the cloak of zeal so that the zeal of the Lord will propel me into battle, that I won't hang back in cowardice, knowing that my back is covered! As I go forward, the enemy retreats, and is never to be found at my back.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Almost every morning I put on my armour--in my imagination as I get dressed, I add these pieces of armour:

Breastplate of Righteousness--because Jesus' righteousness is impuited to me--it guards my heart.

Belt of Truth--cinches me in with truth, that makes me stand tall and firm on the truth of God's Word to me and about me!

Boots of Peace--take me into daily battle with peace --everywhere I go, peace is added and peace is in me.

Shield of Faith--protects me from the hardball of Satan--accusations, falsehoods, etc, my faith remains firm in Jesus.

Sword of the Spirit--I take the Word of God with me everywhere--in the book itself, and memorized in my mind, and I speak it out loud so the devil can hear it in the skirmish--it gives me leverage and victory. It is the only offensive weapon at our disposal!

It's the Word of God that defeats Satan--just as Jesus defeated Satan at His temptation by the Word of God alone.

For He put on righteousness as a breastplate, And a helmet of salvation on His head; He put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, And was clad with zeal as a cloak.

Cloak of Zeal--the NLT calls it "cloak of divine passion". I put on the cloak of zeal so that the zeal of the Lord will propel me into battle, that I won't hang back in cowardice, knowing that my back is covered! As I go forward, the enemy retreats, and is never to be found at my back.

Absolutely GREAT post FA, I hope you don't mind but I'm copying this! :emot-prettywink:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Breastplate of Righteousness--because Jesus' righteousness is impuited to me--it guards my heart.

Amen!

Jesus didn't leave us spiritually naked to stand against the enemy....they would only laugh at us as they charged us.

We have the spiritual armour provided by God, its up to us to put it on daily. :whistling:

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

Because even the devil knows the scriptures.

Yes he does, but if you look at the time when he quotes scriptures to Jesus in the desert, the devil takes them out of context and distorts what the truth is really saying. Hit him with the Truth and he will flee in Jesus' name!

:emot-headphones: FA That was Excellent ! Praise God !!!

Hope you don't mind, i copied that too !

Thanks All :emot-pinochio::emot-rolleyes:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

:21: FA That was Excellent ! Praise God !!!

Hope you don't mind, i copied that too !

Thanks All :):24:

EXCELLENT~~~~~EXCELLENT~~~~~~~EXCELLENT~~~~~EXCELLENT~~~~~EXCELLENT~~~~~~EXCELLE

T~~~~ :21:

Do not take it off... can we have a rating on this? For everyone to read... In these days everyone should be wearing their armor. I go through the actions with my little girl. I need that cloak of Zeal and may I ask for the scripture as well. I fight agains the oppsite daily!!!! thanks :24: