IGNORED

Does the Koran teach violence on non-muslims.

Jedi4Yahweh

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/07/1978

Sorry if you're offended. What did you tell me in another thread? Oh yeah, "don't be so sensitive." I DO place your christian god at the same level as the muslims' allah, the greeks' zeus, and the vikings' thor. All religions have equal standing in my opinion. The quran is no better and no worse than the bible.

This shows a heck of a lot of ignorance, disEnchanted. The Judeo-Christian and Islamic conceptions of God have philosophical support to back up religious conviction. Pagan polytheistic mythology is not intellectually comparable to Abrahamic monotheistic theology. I do believe many Islamic doctrines to be false, but there is no question in my mind that Islam is a more reasonable system of belief than ancient Norse or Greco-Roman religion; even Hinduism has a philosophical structure. What logical arguments could a Viking philosopher come up with to support the existence of Thor? Mythology cannot be reasoned; it is simply a collection of fanciful explanations to stir the imagination and help make sense of the world. However, rationality is vital to the development of good theology. Concerning your evaluation of the Bible and the Qur'an, I'm not sure what you mean by "no better and no worse." Are you talking about their truthfulness, morality, or practical value? Anyway, it is not right to say they're even roughly the same book. Have you read the Qur'an, disEnchanted?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Re: posts a while back (I just realized, after I wrote the below, that I forgot to hit the "+ Quote" buttons...and I'm just too lazy to go back now that this is written and fix that.)

By definition, both Islam and Christianity ARE religions.

dictionary.com

re

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Re: posts a while back (I just realized, after I wrote the below, that I forgot to hit the "+ Quote" buttons...and I'm just too lazy to go back now that this is written and fix that.)

dictionary.com

re

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/07/1978

Islam is a cult and you just posted the definitions (#6 is particularly apt). I know it not PC to say this but....it is what it is. :24:

I disagree. Like I said, it has many things in common with a religious cult, but I wouldn't classify it as such. Who cares whether it is or not? What does that change? Islam is Islam; its errors and evils should be addressed no matter how it happens to be classified sociologically. Propagating your idea that it's a "cult" for the purpose of convincing others not to treat it seriously boils down to poisoning the well. Religion X's status as a cult has got nothing to do with the veracity of Religion X's doctrines, the ethicality of its practices, or the legitimacy of its message. So why is it such a big deal to you, glory, that Islam be considered a cult?

Edited by ohnomelon

dictionary.com

re

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Than jewish people must think christianity is a cult.

That statement is SO wrong on SO many levels.......and SO irrelevant to the topic at hand. ;)

How so? It would appear from an outside view that christianity is a radical sect of jews. And I am pointing out that you might say that Islam is a cult but there probably saying the same thing as you.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Islam is a cult and you just posted the definitions (#6 is particularly apt). I know it not PC to say this but....it is what it is. :thumbsup:

I disagree. Like I said, it has many things in common with a religious cult, but I wouldn't classify it as such. Who cares whether it is or not? What does that change? Islam is Islam; its errors and evils should be addressed no matter how it happens to be classified sociologically. Propagating your idea that it's a "cult" for the purpose of convincing others not to treat it seriously boils down to poisoning the well. Religion X's status as a cult has got nothing to do with the veracity of Religion X's doctrines, the ethicality of its practices, or the legitimacy of its message. So why is it such a big deal to you, glory, that Islam be considered a cult?

It's a big deal to me because islam is growing like a cancer, they are murderous uncivilized barbarians that want us all dead, and they seek to dominate the world. Islam's designation as a cult is not an idea that started with me, btw; I'm no wild eyed fanatic and I HAVE read large parts of the Qu'ran. I'd say the mere fact that islam dictates death for any who turn away is a pretty good indicator of it's doctrines. Veracity? None. Ethicality? Zero. Legitimacy? Only if you consider satanic ramblings a 'message'. I'll continue to 'poison the well' as you put it and pray that even one person turns away because of me; all Christians should worry about the increasing number of souls being harvested for satan. :cool:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Islam is a cult and you just posted the definitions (#6 is particularly apt). I know it not PC to say this but....it is what it is. :thumbsup:

What would you call it? A religion???

What would you call it? A religion???

Well, it IS a religion.