IGNORED

Does the Koran teach violence on non-muslims.

Jedi4Yahweh

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

The dictionary says so...and as far as determining the classification of things in the English language, the dictionary is generally a trustworthy source.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Well there you go then, the dictionary answer it all.

*laugh* if you're looking for definitions...then yeah...just make sure you get a good one, like that big complete Oxford one... :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

Islam is a cult and you just posted the definitions (#6 is particularly apt). I know it not PC to say this but....it is what it is. :noidea:

I disagree. Like I said, it has many things in common with a religious cult, but I wouldn't classify it as such. Who cares whether it is or not? What does that change? Islam is Islam; its errors and evils should be addressed no matter how it happens to be classified sociologically. Propagating your idea that it's a "cult" for the purpose of convincing others not to treat it seriously boils down to poisoning the well. Religion X's status as a cult has got nothing to do with the veracity of Religion X's doctrines, the ethicality of its practices, or the legitimacy of its message. So why is it such a big deal to you, glory, that Islam be considered a cult?

What would you call it? A religion???

I would say that, Islam is a false religion.

By difienition Christianity is considier a religion and a cult. Jews consider Christianity a cult becuase it is based on a form of their religion, which is rightly so.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Islam is a cult and you just posted the definitions (#6 is particularly apt). I know it not PC to say this but....it is what it is. :noidea:

People could just as easily say that Christianity is a cult. Big deal.

And people could just as easily say that cosmetology is a religion; this could go on 'til the end of time. It IS a big deal. To a Christian. :huh:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/07/1978

Islam is a cult and you just posted the definitions (#6 is particularly apt). I know it not PC to say this but....it is what it is. :th_frusty:

I disagree. Like I said, it has many things in common with a religious cult, but I wouldn't classify it as such. Who cares whether it is or not? What does that change? Islam is Islam; its errors and evils should be addressed no matter how it happens to be classified sociologically. Propagating your idea that it's a "cult" for the purpose of convincing others not to treat it seriously boils down to poisoning the well. Religion X's status as a cult has got nothing to do with the veracity of Religion X's doctrines, the ethicality of its practices, or the legitimacy of its message. So why is it such a big deal to you, glory, that Islam be considered a cult?

It's a big deal to me because islam is growing like a cancer, they are murderous uncivilized barbarians that want us all dead, and they seek to dominate the world. Islam's designation as a cult is not an idea that started with me, btw; I'm no wild eyed fanatic and I HAVE read large parts of the Qu'ran. I'd say the mere fact that islam dictates death for any who turn away is a pretty good indicator of it's doctrines. Veracity? None. Ethicality? Zero. Legitimacy? Only if you consider satanic ramblings a 'message'. I'll continue to 'poison the well' as you put it and pray that even one person turns away because of me; all Christians should worry about the increasing number of souls being harvested for satan. :emot-fail:

You never addressed why this has anything to do with Islam being considered a cult! I agree with most of what you said here, but why are you so adamant that Islam be thought of more of a cult than a false world religion? It makes absolutely no difference, except as a matter of sociological interest. I'm tired of arguing this point because you haven't answered my question. Telling me all that is wrong with Islam has absolutely nothing to do with its status as a religion. I appreciate your passion for the truth of Christianity and your concern over Islam as a barbarous religion (or "cult," if it makes you happier to think of it this way). Incidentally, "poisoning the well" is a term to describe the fallacy you were arguing; my last post linked to a website explaining it. I understand your view and acknowledged that Islam has some cult-like characteristics, but, once more and for the last time, I don't see why you feel that Islam must be regarded as a cult. Cult, religion, or both? It doesn't matter one iota. Islam is what it is, we should respond to it for what it is, and those labels don't change anything from a political or evangelistic perspective.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/07/1978

And people could just as easily say that cosmetology is a religion; this could go on 'til the end of time. It IS a big deal. To a Christian. :th_frusty:

No, they could not. You can't just make up your own definitions.

glory2000, meet Noah Webster.

And were you questioning Iryssa's faith in that last comment? :emot-fail:

I happen to agree with her; it is irrelevant. Who cares if people do say that Christianity is a cult? Exactly what does that change about it?

Edited by ohnomelon

Took the words right out of my mouth, ohnomelon. Thanks :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

And people could just as easily say that cosmetology is a religion; this could go on 'til the end of time. It IS a big deal. To a Christian. :24:

No, they could not. You can't just make up your own definitions.

glory2000, meet Noah Webster.

And were you questioning Iryssa's faith in that last comment? :24:

I happen to agree with her; it is irrelevant. Who cares if people do say that Christianity is a cult? Exactly what does that change about it?

Sorry to have to disagree but.....I CAN make up my own definitions and so can anyone else who posts here. I have meant Merriam-Webster many times, thank you; patronizing is defined in that book along with a few other words you might be familiar with. You seem to be suffering a great deal of angst about islam's relegation to cult status. Why? Are you muslim? Each poster here is entitled to their opinion; that includes me. Your arguments won't change them. If you don't like or accept my opinions, then move on and don't read them. Islam is a cult for the following reasons: 1. It's doctrines are based on lies. 2. It's founder was a madman (according to history). and 3. islam is the worship of a nonexistent deity. Shall I go on? What do you expect to read on a Christian board? Oh, and let Iryssa speak for herself, if you would be so kind. :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

I think most people refer to the more acceptable beliefs systems as "Religions" and newer, smaller and more obscure religions as "Cults", but the truth of the matter they basically mean the same thing by definition.

Most people don't think of Christianity as an Eastern Religion but the truth of the matter it is. It was born in the dead center of the Middle-East.