• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/21/1985

Out of curiosity, is there a chance that the title of this sub-forum could be changed to something more appropriate? Perhaps, "Faith and Science" would be better? The title just seems to infer that faith and science are somehow at odds with one another, which is false. Maybe someone can second this idea?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Out of curiosity, is there a chance that the title of this sub-forum could be changed to something more appropriate? Perhaps, "Faith and Science" would be better? The title just seems to infer that faith and science are somehow at odds with one another, which is false. Maybe someone can second this idea?

It has been moved and SECONDED! :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

THIRD! I've been thinking about bringing this up for a while! Good call.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I agree too; true science will never contradict the Word, and so faith will never be contrary to science.

Faith is not based on science, but science will always validate our faith in Him.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I agree too; true science will never contradict the Word, and so faith will never be contrary to science.

Faith is not based on science, but science will always validate our faith in Him.

Having just seen 'sweety-cakes''s response to the hominid thread, I'm afraid science will always conflict with someone's faith. Faith sems to create a sense of 'anti-science' in some, a complete rejection of science. It's definitely faith VS science, and will be until everyone here accepts evolution and an old Earth.

:emot-headphones: will then I guess it will just stay, cause we are NEVER gonna accept science's ever changing "facts" over faith!

Having just seen 'sweety-cakes''s response to the hominid thread, I'm afraid science will always conflict with someone's faith. Faith sems to create a sense of 'anti-science' in some, a complete rejection of science. It's definitely faith VS science, and will be until everyone here accepts evolution and an old Earth.

I wouldn't go quite so far as to say that faith will "always" conflict. Faith and science, in their truest senses, seek to answer different questions and, in fact, can benefit from one another when used in tandem. I do agree, however, that many use faith as an excuse by which to deny science. This is unfortunate because it not only devalues the perception of their faith, but also their own understanding of their faith!

And yet my point stands. Can we get a moderator to at least reply on this thread and respond to the proposal? I'm not saying that anyone needs to change their beliefs; rather, I am encouraging open dialogue without unnecessary presuppositions. If we are posting in a sub-forum titled, "Faith vs. Science", it automatically leads one to believe that there is a rift between the two. Isn't the purpose of debate and discussion to form conclusions? Why, then, would a debate forum suppose to impose a foregone conclusion?

• Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I havent read the thread you have referred to but as I already stated, true science will never contradict the Bible. If you see instances of "science" and Christian faith conflicting, that is false science and it is contradicting the clear teaching of the Word. Evolution is not and never will be science. Not only has it never been proved, it remains a theory that has holes from even the basic foundations of true science. God's Word remains true - in the beginning God created.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I forwarded your request to George, the lead shepherd here

I forwarded your request to George, the lead shepherd here

Thank you, Eric. I look forward to hearing some feedback on the question.