• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

I've never understood the debate over this. There are great arguments for every possible interpretation of how the rapture will work. Pre-trib, post-trib, mid-trib, whatever. We're going to be with Jesus. Period. It really isn't a big deal how it happens.

Shalom Keilan,

Amen. I say again, for a young man of your age, you display much wisdom. Moreso than people who debate endlessly over this issue.

Yes, I absolutely agree that Keilan often exhibits wisdom over and above his age. :13:

.....erm.....still waiting for that Internet Download, though, Keilan...... :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

You kill me with your remembrances of empty promises.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved form the Doctrinal Issues Forum to the Eschatology Forum

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Does the first resurrection (the resurrection of the saint's) occur at the rapture? At what point in events does the first resurrection occur? Don't take any man's word, only believe God's Word.

Edited by JLW001

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I've never understood the debate over this. There are great arguments for every possible interpretation of how the rapture will work. Pre-trib, post-trib, mid-trib, whatever. We're going to be with Jesus. Period. It really isn't a big deal how it happens.

I realize your post has be quoted and requoted, but I decided to do it again.

Can I change any events b/c of what I believe? I may stock pile water or gas or some such thing, but in the end, I must needs trust in my God to take care of me.

I, personally, am a pan-trib: it's all going to pan out in the end, and, as you say, I'm going to be with Jesus! I care more for the fact of it happening than I do HOW or WHEN it happens!

:blink:

:thumbsup: pan-trib..............I'm with you girl! :whistling:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/01/1984

Does the first resurrection (the resurrection of the saint's) occur at the rapture? At what point in events does the first resurrection occur? Don't take any man's word, only believe God's Word.

The first resurrection takes place at Jesus' Second coming, which is the glorious appearing......there is no secret snatching of the righteous people before he shows his face to all the world.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The first resurrection takes place at Jesus' Second coming, which is the glorious appearing......there is no secret snatching of the righteous people before he shows his face to all the world.

It is unprovable, but you are free in Christ to believe that. The scriptures are not exactly clear on such things. That is why endless argument is unnecessary, for there is never going to be an agreed upon consensus of belief. Whatever happens, we will just be in such awe and wonder at how we had such limited foresight!

I know most likely all of us will find ourselves crying, "Oh WOW!!! THAT'S what the word meant!"

God bless.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

2 Thessalonians 2:1-3

1)Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers,

2)not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us,

saying that the day of the Lord has already come.

3)Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and

the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

That was so long ago, the first deceptions about a "secret rapture".

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/01/1984

I need to ask a question.........If you do not believe in the secret rapture, then how in the world can you believe in the seven year trib and one man antichrist?

• Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

I am not totally convinced that any "rapture" will take place at all as it seem absolutely illogical. However, assuming that it WAS TO BE, it would hardly be a "secret" nor require Jesus to come back to earth to do it (i.e. a second coming). Couldn't he do it by remote control from Heaven?

The Left Behind books are just a fiction series and were never claimed to be anything else. I think the authors hit on a really good thing there, as the books are popular the stories really compelling, the are serialised and people like serial stories. Therefore, they don't have to be 100% accurate, a bit of dramatic licence is allowed, but I believe they ARE biblically accurate.

Also I have heard several times now that in these books a "third coming is claimed". I have never seen it this way as what they call the "glorious appearing" seems to be to be the SECOND coming.

Guest TheLordSaves

Has anyone read/listened to Chuck Missler's presentation on Daniel's 70 Weeks. He really has good points and many biblical references to prove the rapture. The say there is no rapture, would contradict the doctrine of Immenincy, meaning the fact that Jesus that He is to be expected at anytime by The Chuch. If the Church was to go through the tribulation then they would no when Christ would return because Revelation spells it out, especially with the Battle of Har-Maggeddon. The Church and Israel are separate in God's eyes. The Word says that before the Tribulation, He must remove the Restrainer (the Holy Spirit, and where is the Holy Spririt, in His Church). The Tribulation is to get Israel to repent, whcihc eventually they will. You see Israel, became corporately blind to the Truth until the fullness of the Gentiles is fulfilled, but God is not done with Israel. There is only one Second Coming, and the guy is right on themark in saying that it will be public, but that is to come and set up His 1000-year Kingdom. He is coming for His church and we will meet him in the sky, but the world will not see Him, just those taken up.

Also Paul says something like, "If I can obtain the ressurection of the dead" I think in one of the Thesselonian letters (please correct me on this), however, I believe there are some Christians who will not be raptured. Many who may be worldly and immature, and God would want to have them stay back and have their faith refined through the sufferings and tribulation. However, I could be totally wrong, the most important thing to examine yourself and not others.