IGNORED

Past sins still making me feel miserable.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1989

Dear Great Falls,

How often are you reading His Word? Are you committed to Him/His Word? You have to get His Word in your heart, and if you're not reading It, It can't get into you and His Holy Spirit can't use It to speak to you.

and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

In His Love,

Suzanne

I've been reading his word daily ever since I've been saved, Suzanne. More than 15 minutes per day (I would guess). But with these thoughts rolling around in my mind, everytime I read something about God's wrath or the Judgement it doesn't help much. I know I'm not supposed to trust my own feelings, but I don't know if they're mine or where they're coming from half the time to be honest. I keep asking the Lord to give me comfort and I rebuke satan in Jesus' name, but it seems to get worse. Does God always forgive my sin no matter what?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

But with these thoughts rolling around in my mind, everytime I read something about God's wrath or the Judgement it doesn't help much.

This is where I think you are wrong. You need to have a full understanding of God and His Ways, which includes His Wrath. I think that if you were more willing to realize this as Truth, it would be a great motivator....I think that is WHY you need to be reading His Word, so that you can fully see and believe that HE IS ALL that HE IS!

The more of God you comprehend the less of sin you will desire.

Psalms 34:11 Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord.

Proverbs 2:1 My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, 2 turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, 3 and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, 4 and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, 5 then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.

You must search in His Word as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord. You cannot do it without His Word!

Proverbs 14:27 The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, turning a man from the snares of death.

Proverbs 15:33 The fear of the Lord teaches a man wisdom, and humility comes before honor.

Proverbs 16:6 Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the fear of the Lord a man avoids evil.

Proverbs 19:23 The fear of the Lord leads to life: Then one rests content, untouched by trouble.

Isaiah 33:6 He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest Greg Davies

Dear Great Falls,

How often are you reading His Word? Are you committed to Him/His Word? You have to get His Word in your heart, and if you're not reading It, It can't get into you and His Holy Spirit can't use It to speak to you.

and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

In His Love,

Suzanne

I've been reading his word daily ever since I've been saved, Suzanne. More than 15 minutes per day (I would guess). But with these thoughts rolling around in my mind, everytime I read something about God's wrath or the Judgement it doesn't help much. I know I'm not supposed to trust my own feelings, but I don't know if they're mine or where they're coming from half the time to be honest. I keep asking the Lord to give me comfort and I rebuke satan in Jesus' name, but it seems to get worse. Does God always forgive my sin no matter what?

Now I know why you chose your Worthy name, Great Falls! Hey, bless you brother, God is able and He's going to deliver you. Yes He will keep forgiving you if you confess and forsake. The Blood cleanses from all sin. As far as the "unpardonable sin", that's a Catholic thing. There is no scriptural foundation for that concept. No, I'm not encouraging you to do that, God forbid!

Here are some solutions for you: Read Rom. 6. You probably need to be water baptized with the understanding of Rom. 6 and Col 2:9-15. Also read Ez 36:26 which refers to being born again as Jesus described it, being born of the water and the spirit. This should build your faith so that you can overcomes these sins of the flesh.

You also need to be under Godly authority. The devil will only flee when you resist if you are submitted to Him (James 4:7). So get involved with a local church that believes in the gifts of the Spirit and that has the five-fold ministry operating (Eph 4:11-13). They will provide the ministry you need to get delivered from this stronghold. God bless, Greg.

P.S. I like what Suzanne said about the word. We hide it in our heart (memorize and meditate) so we won't sin (Ps. 119:11)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

The more of God you comprehend the less of sin you will desire.

I have found that to be so true in my life. Whenever I get too lazy to read the Word or to pray, I tend to start doing and thinking things I shouldn't. When I keep my mind and my thoughts on Christ, the very idea of sinning is repugnant to me...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

When satan reminds you of your past, remind him of his future.

You are going through the same thing we all do, Great Falls. :th_praying: That might sound a little hollow, or maybe a bit more like a blow-off, but its not. It's true. I've been there, just like a lot of others here. Satan will always try to bring up your past and condemn you -- its one of the things he does very well. He's had lots of practice.

Reading the Word for 15 minutes or more is a good thing, but I have to point out that from your posts it sounds like you are in a battle. God's Word is part of the Lord's "ammunition." The more time you spend in the Word, the stronger you will get in the Spirit and these things will fall away. I won't make it sound like its easy -- its not sometimes. The Lord has led me out of some habits from my past, some were so quick and painless that it seemed an "overnight" recovery. Other things I struggle with, like we all do. May I recommend spending as much time in the Word as you can? Ask the Lord to help you make time during the day to spend time with Him. It doesn't have to mean spending hours, but as much as you can.

It may take some time, but I can say with certainty that Jesus will be with you in this. Don't give up.