IGNORED

hey

Guest knurlheim

Guest knurlheim

hey I'm knurlheim and yah... not new to forums but new to this one...

*edit* since it won't let me post in any other section I'mgonna post my question here...

ok howcan the people who claim to have prophetic visions be truthful? I mean in the Bible it says that a true prophet from God will be able to perform a miracle to prove himself and so far none of the the modern day "prophets" have done such a thing. So how are we supposded to treat these "prophecies"?

Edited by knurlheim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from Worthy Welcome to Doctrinal Issues

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

*edit* since it won't let me post in any other section I'mgonna post my question here...

ok howcan the people who claim to have prophetic visions be truthful? I mean in the Bible it says that a true prophet from God will be able to perform a miracle to prove himself and so far none of the the modern day "prophets" have done such a thing. So how are we supposded to treat these "prophecies"?

First, Biblical prophesy is not only about psychic phenomenon. Biblical prophesy in the times of the OT and in the times of Christ was primarily about speaking forth truth from an anointing. Sometimes that involved miraculous events but not all that often. I think you may be misreading or misapplying something. What Scripture are you speaking of.

Second, not all who claim to be prophets or prophetic are. And many who actually are prophetic don't advertise it, don't boast.

Paul said we're supposed to "test the spirits" -- in this case, check the so called "prophecy" to see if it is in line with the rest of the Word of God. If not, then its false.

Another test is whether it comes true or not. This might take some time, but if the prophecy is genuine it will come 100% true. Partly true doesn't count here. I've heard many so called "prophets" saying all kinds of things, and most of it doesn't come true.

Hope this helps.

• Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I've always heard the test is if the prophecy comes true. But that could take centuries, so how do we know in the meantime?

I've always heard the test is if the prophecy comes true. But that could take centuries, so how do we know in the meantime?

Hmmm.

Scripture has a track record, kat. Go through the OT and see how many times God warned Israel judgement was coming if they didn't repent. Sure enough, the enemy showed up and cleaned house, every time. There's also the Messianic prophecies. Messiah was promised centuries before He finally came, but God always kept His Word in the mean time.

Compare the prophecy with the Scripture. If it lines up with the Word, then all you can do is wait to see if it will be fulfilled. Lift it up to the Lord and then continue on your walk with Him.

• Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

But what about modern day prophets?

Modern "prophets" I tend to take with (many) grains of salt.

Why?

Because I've run across a few of them in my walk, and although it may have taken awhile, the Lord always brought out the deception in what they were saying at some point. There has been only one person that I think may have been a true prophet. I met him in Louisiana, and he is home with the Lord now. This man was probably the most humble, godly person I have ever had the priviledge to know. This was the testimony of others in the local church also, ("by the mouths of 2 or 3 witnesses shall every word be established") but it was never advertised or deliberately "hushed up" either. The things he told me did come true, and one of those wound up saving my life about 3 months later.

If someone makes some "prophetic" statements, I take it to the Lord and maybe follow up with others in the fellowship. The Lord is the final authority, though. After I leave it with Him, I ask for the grace to move on and do what I'm supposed to do while waiting for an answer - serve Him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Modern "prophets" I tend to take with (many) grains of salt.

Why?

Because I've run across a few of them in my walk, and although it may have taken awhile, the Lord always brought out the deception in what they were saying at some point. There has been only one person that I think may have been a true prophet. I met him in Louisiana, and he is home with the Lord now. This man was probably the most humble, godly person I have ever had the priviledge to know. This was the testimony of others in the local church also, ("by the mouths of 2 or 3 witnesses shall every word be established") but it was never advertised or deliberately "hushed up" either. The things he told me did come true, and one of those wound up saving my life about 3 months later.

If someone makes some "prophetic" statements, I take it to the Lord and maybe follow up with others in the fellowship. The Lord is the final authority, though. After I leave it with Him, I ask for the grace to move on and do what I'm supposed to do while waiting for an answer - serve Him.

I will tell you that when someone has given me a word of knowledge or prophsied over me I knew what in reference the Spirit of God was saying to Me. I have been in the presence of a false prophet and stopped that prophesy from being spoke also Let me say it is a uncomfortable to have to do that.

I had three major prophesies that I know came directly from the throne room, No one not even satan could have known what was in my mind at the time. Two has come forth. The other I give it a couple more years. These prophecies were given to be 15 years agop. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and I believe he will keep you from the wiles of the enemy

I have lost a excellent friend who was a woman, her husband was her assist, her prayer warrior, She stood in the office of a prophet to the nations but at times she would preach. I loved her so much. She lapsed into a coma, Many christians so upset and besides themselves...My pastor called me. He was wondering How I was when he heard... I told him Greta is going home, she came into a dream and told me goodbye. Too stay in the throne roomand some other stuff it is not impotant... I trusted her totally and all of those prophesied to spoke highly of her...the reputation, the word of God Spirit to Spirit should bear witness... aamen and amen love patricia :th_praying: