IGNORED

Questionable Recruiting tactics

Guest idolsmasher

Guest shiloh357
Everybody knows how wicked and corrupt America is. My question is more about why do Christians feel such stong allegiance to a wicked government to where they think anybody who doesn't want to die fighting for said wicked country is a traitor, deserter, coward, etc. I can only assume there is a lot of false teaching that fans the fires of worldy patriotism and nationalism. My beef isn't just with the worldly government but also with the Christians that defend it's worldliness and wickedness with evangelistic ferver.

Such hypocrisy. Everyone knows how corrupt the Arafat regime is, and how all they do is rape, murder, maim and steal, yet YOU defend THEM!!!! You have NO RIGHT to talk!!!! You support terrorists who murder innocent people and then claim you have a beef with Christians supporting what you consider evil??!!?? YOU ARE A JOKE!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Sigh :t2:

Guest charlie

>> God established my country, God is still at the root of my country (though a part of society is trying to change that) and God blesses love of country, (God has caused wars on whole societies over land and people in Scripture) so that's all I need. <<

LOL, ask a black man or an American indian what he thinks about this statement. Please, God established a country so people could serve as slaves? Give me a break here.

<<Thank you for your service, I have a respect for military personnel, but if your idea of "right" is going AWOL when commanded to do something distasteful, I would not want you serving alongside my son and endangering his life further. >>

If you're idea of Christianity is to "follow orders" then you had better consider just where you stand with God Almighty. What about all those german soldiers that just "followed orders"? Was that okay? The government is endangering your son's life and you are going along with it.

>>"Fundamentalist"? Hmmm. Yeah, that would be accurate. Tradionalist. I believe in the fundamentals taught in the Scriptures, that never change as time goes by.<<

hmmm, kind of like fundamentalist Muslins believe in the fundamentals taught in the Koran, that never change as time goes by? Don't kid yourself, Fundamentalism is dangerous whether it's Muslim fundamentalism or Christian fundamentalism.

As far as twisting things go most of you appear to be experts at it. haha! Just like you think you are experts at the Bible.

I hate to break it to you guys, because it's been hard for me to accept myself. I'm always been a rather conservative, patriotic person, but.....(whispering now) what if we're the bad guys? Just something to ponder.

Guest charlie

>>charlie, perhaps you just haven't been reading as many of idolsmasher's posts as the rest of us have. nothing personal against smasher, he's a nice fellow when he's not bashing americans, our government, etc. but this attitude:<<

I haven't read as many as you have. I only come here periodically. I get very bad "feelings" in my gut about this place. I have seen some of his posts though and I think the ones I've read have made sense and been well thought-out. I does seem to me that the large majority of people on this forum want only "positive strokes" as far as their views on politics and religion. I find the so-called "Chrisitan attitude" around here to be disheartening. I don't feel the love of Christ here at this place for the most part. I've seen glimpses here and there but that's about it.

I guess there really is nothing new under the sun. As was demonstrated when Jesus walked the earth, people want others to tell them what they want to hear more than the truth. Truth stings and makes people squirm, at least it does that to me (it's a little different than a "gut" feeling though). Don't get me wrong. I don't think the U.S. is to blame for all the ills of the world BUT I used to think everybody was just jealous of us and that we were always in the right and always good.

I don't think that anymore and the big thing here is, that I don't feel guilty or disloyal for thinking it. I used to, but not anymore. The founding fathers didn't feel like traitors for breaking away from England. Evidently my ancestors and yours didn't feel guilty or disloyal for leaving their home countries to come here. I think it's wrong to equate disloyalty with disagreement. I don't think that's what our republic or patriotism is suppose to be about.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

These discussions do nothing but pull good people into harmful debates. In no way do they edify. They only separate further and do not bring us together.

I expect another thread will start but by then maybe tempers will have calmed. A cooling down period is needed.

The thread has been locked.

Blessings,

Wayne