• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hebrew 1:5-6

5For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

6And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Lets look at Acts 7:56

And said, behold i see the heavens opened, and the son of man standing on the right hand of God

Again:

Hebrews 2:9

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man

So..... u still say he is the father?

Check this out:

I corinthians 15:44

It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Jesus has a body of flesh and blood and soul right?

Then...

It can not inherit or enter the kingdom of god only the soul right?

I corinthians 15:50

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption

So when Jesus said in his language Eli, Eli, lama sabacthani? Who was he talking to? He yeilded the spirit in verse 50 but like i said they are 2 different being one the son the other the creater of his soul--the father. And Jesus stands on the right hand of God. Not literally but as a "right hand man" An Appointed King and Saviour.

And the Cherry on top:

Colossians 2:2

2That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

The mystery lies in the absent of the holy ghost. The trinity wasn't always in the bible it was added later.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8

I think one of the things that we must always keep in mind, is that, of the many ways that Jesus teaches us, teaching by example is one of them.

Just like the story im Mat 15:22, Jesus first refused for a reason, to show others how they were and how they must change.

God purposely came to us as a man so that we can relate to all the things He shows us in Jesus Christ. And as a man, Jesus taught us to pray to the Father.

God came to us as a man and died for us, because of that, we owe everything to him.

May I suggest you read John 1:1 -15. Jesus created everything as well.

Jesus is worthy of my worship.

So basicall the bible contradictes itself

read John 4:24

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

How then is GOd also man? Unless God is within all of us good and evil as God is a part of God's creation:good and evil

Did not God breath life into us. Do you think it was mere wind it was the soul. Our souls can be seen like a river were God is the ocean the water is always finding it's way back the source. Yet we are still water.(the soul)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11

Whollybybill,

So then, with you believing Jesus is only the Son (not God), and is not One with God His Father, how can God's fierce anger and wrath against man be satisfied? God's judgment is perfect, as is His justice. God being God, He is perfect in all things. Our sins judged, and justice's verdict rendered, we all now have need for a perfect payment in order to have our debts to be satisfied, and to be forgiven our sins. God can not just excuse us and overlook our sins. If He did that, then His justice would not be perfect. And NO man is capable of satisfying God's perfect justice with its sentence of death. Remembering God being God, He is perfect in all things, including His judgments and His justice. You see Whollybywill, only a God-Man, the Incarnate Lord Jesus Christ has the worth to satisfy God the Father's burning wrath against man.

Philippians 2:5-11, "Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Jesus emptied Himself -- this emptying of Himself is known as the "kenosis" of Christ during His incarnation. Jesus as God becoming man (flesh and blood) does not mean that He surrendered any of His Deity, but that He took on the limitation of humanity. This involved a "veiling" of His pre-incarnate glory, for Jesus said in John 17:5, "And now, glorify Thou Me together with Thyself, Father, with the glory which I had with Thee before the world was." He voluntary waived some of His divine prerogatives during the time He was on earth in flesh and blood. Literally He drew a veil between Himself and His divine power -- He being God still had the same nature and essence that included all He was before coming into this world. God is God! Jesus could not, nor cannot literally divested Himself of His divine nature and perfections, for that is impossible. He could not cease to be omnipotent, and omnipresent, and most holy, and true, and good.

Only Jesus as God-Man has the uniqueness to save us from our sins. He is of the very same nature and divine essence as God. Our Redeemer existed in the form of God. Jesus is truly divine, and His consenting to become a man was the most remarkable of all possible acts of humiliation. Jesus the Man is of the same divine nature and essence of God the Father.

Though our Savior was God appearing in the form of man -- a divine person on earth -- yet He did not assume and assert the dignity and prerogatives appropriate to a divine being, but put Himself in a condition of obedience. For such a divine being to obey implied voluntary humiliation; and the greatness of His humiliation was shown by His becoming entirely obedient, even up to and including the time He hung, bled, and died on that cruel cross.

Scriptures record and prove Jesus Christ is God by His preexistence, His incarnation, His humanity, His deity, His earthly life, His kenosis, His impeccability, His death, His resurrection, His ascension, His present ministry, and last, but not least, His return. Scriptures are replete with the proofs of all these.

A well known author wrote a book titled, "No Wonder They Call Him Savior", a fitting title, for only the perfect God-Man Jesus Christ is worthy and capable of imputing righteousness into the account of the believer.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I think one of the things that we must always keep in mind, is that, of the many ways that Jesus teaches us, teaching by example is one of them.

Just like the story im Mat 15:22, Jesus first refused for a reason, to show others how they were and how they must change.

God purposely came to us as a man so that we can relate to all the things He shows us in Jesus Christ. And as a man, Jesus taught us to pray to the Father.

God came to us as a man and died for us, because of that, we owe everything to him.

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

How then is GOd also man? Unless God is within all of us good and evil as God is a part of God's creation:good and evil

Did not God breath life into us. Do you think it was mere wind it was the soul. Our souls can be seen like a river were God is the ocean the water is always finding it's way back the source. Yet we are still water.(the soul)

I am at work and although I am my own boss, I am swamped right now.

WBB, , I am finding this very interesting but I wont be able to respond till this evening.

later,

mike2

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/07/1949

Hi HB

We were having this same discussion on another thread on the Deity of Jesus and I posted these Scriptures, check them out.

Here Jesus and Jehovah God share the same titles.

Jehovah is our Savior

"Besides Me there is no Savior"--Isaiah 43:3,10; 45:21,22; 60:16; 49:26

Jesus is Our Savior

"Savior of the World"--1 John 4; Luke 2:11; 2 Timothy 1; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1

Jehovah is Our Redeemer

As for our Redeemer, Jehovah of Hosts is His name--Jeremiah 1:34, Isaiah 47:4.

Jesus is Our Redeemer

Christ has redeemed us--Galatians 3:13; Revelation 5:9; Titus 2:14; Luke 24:21.

Jehovah is Our Creator

I am Jehovah who makes all things...alone, by Myself--Isaiah 44:24

Jesus is Our Creator

All things were made by Him--John 1:3 All were created by Him--Colossians 1:16

Jehovah is Our Source of Life

He gives life to all--Acts 17:25 He is your life--Deuteronomy 3:20; 32:39

Jesus is Our Source of Life

He gives life to the world--John 6:33 I am the life--John 14:6; 11:25; 6:27-47

Jehovah is Our Father

Jehovah our Father--Isaiah 63:16; 64:8

Jesus is Our Father

Father of Eternity--Isaiah 9:6

Jehovah is The I AM

His name is I AM--Exodus 3:14 Jehovah (Yahweh) means "He Is."

Jesus is The I AM

Before Abraham was, I AM--John 8:58 Who is, was, and is to come--Revelation 1:8

Jehovah is Lord of Lords

Deuteronomy 10:17

Jesus is Lord of Lords

Revelation 17:14.

Jehovah is Our Shepherd

Jehovah is my Shepherd--Psalm 23:1; Isaiah 40:11

Jesus is Our Shepherd

I am the Good Shepherd--John 10:11

Jehovah is The Almighty

The Almighty God--Genesis 17:1; 28:3; etc. Thine is the power--1 Chronicles 29:11; Matthew 6:18

Jesus is The Almighty

The Almighty--Revelation 1:8 The Mighty God--Isaiah 9:6 He has all power in heaven and earth--Matthew 28:18.

Jehovah is The Holy One

You alone are Holy--Isaiah 6:3 The Holy One--Isaiah 30:15; 54:5

Jesus is The Holy One

The Holy One--Mark 1:24; Luke 4:34; Acts 3:14

Jehovah is Our Light

Jehovah is my light--Psalm 27:1; Isaiah 60:20

Jesus is Our Light

The Light of the world-- John 8:12; 1:9

Jehovah is Our Rock

He alone is my Rock--Psalms 62:6; 18:2

Jesus is Our Rock

Christ is the Rock--1 Corinthians 10:4; 1 Peter 2:8

Jehovah is Our King

Jehovah is King forever--Ps. 10:16

Jesus is Our King

King of Kings--Rev. 17:14; Matt. 21:5

Jehovah is The First and Last

Isa. 43:10; 41:4, 48:12

Jesus is The First and Last

Rev. 22:13; 1:8

Jehovah is Our Hope

Jehovah my Hope--Jer. 17:13, 17; 50:7

Jesus is Our Hope

Jesus Christ our Hope--1 Tim. 1:1

Answer me this question WB. When Did Jehovah come to dwell in the midst of His people?

Behold, I am coming and I will dwell in your midst,' says Jehovah." (Zechariah 2:10).

Answer me this question WB. Can there be two Firsts and Two Lasts? that is linguistic suicide.

The Bible is quite clear as to who Jesus is. The Bible teaches us that Jesus was 100% God and also 100% man. Theologians call this the hypostatic union.

I am at work and although I am my own boss, I am swamped right now.

WBB, , I am finding this very interesting but I wont be able to respond till this evening.

later,

mike2

!

We have a body,

We have a soul,

we also have a spirit (thoughts and desires) that influences our soul to act certain ways in our bodies.

We...are...3 in 1

When our soul (the very essence of you or me) decides to act a certain way because of our spiritual influence, it can become apparent in our bodies (our actions)

"How then is GOd also man? Unless God is within all of us good and evil as God is a part of God's creation:good and evil"

God is not within ALL of us good and evil.

God did not create evil.

Evil is the absence of God.

Type in Albert Einstein on this forums search and you will find a thread from last year, that retells how Einstein, while in class, described evil... its really good

If we accept Him through Jesus Christ, and allow Him, He will be within us and becomes apparent in us

If we dont accept Christ and remain sinners, we dont accept Gods Spirit and He is not within us,

He may be around us, and in our lives that way, but He will not be within us. We have to invite Him in, He will not force Himself in

We look at God as a being that no man has seen,( a soul)

We look at his thoughts, his desires he shares with us (His Holy Spirit)

And we see it become apparent in His body ( Jesus Christ). He...is.. 3 in 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I'm beginning to wonder if the source of this question has largely to do with what we understand as "prayer."

For most folks I think prayer is thought of as a kind of religious practice (ie. conducted at a certain time of day or in a certain way - eyes closed, hands clasped, kneeling down, etc.) And although certainly prayer is a very solemn thing and should not be considered or entered into lightly, I think that it's the idea that somehow prayer is something more than merely "talking to God."

Obviously prayer takes many forms and is many things. But the one thing that prayer is universally, is fellowship. Prayer is always fellowship. It is fellowship between man and God, and it's the basis for fellowship between believers (1 John 1:3). Not only is prayer felloship btween God and man, and between believers, it is fellowship between the Persons of the Godhead.

Now, commonly we hear from the anti-Trinitarians that Jesus could not have been God in the flesh because He prayed to the Father. If Jesus were God then He must have been praying to Himself. However, when we consider the fact that prayer is also fellowship between the Persons of the Godhead, then there is no conflict. Surely the Triune God is a mystery. How Jesus could be the full God and yet still pray to the Father is confusing to us. Yet Jesus was also one of God's creations. As a man, Jesus was one of God's creatures; He was like us in every way. And as one of God's creatures jesus would naturally have had the desire to seek after God through prayer.

Persons of Godhead. Who came up with that one ?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Content Count:  18

Whollybybill,

So then, with you believing Jesus is only the Son (not God), and is not One with God His Father, how can God's fierce anger and wrath against man be satisfied? God's judgment is perfect, as is His justice. God being God, He is perfect in all things. Our sins judged, and justice's verdict rendered, we all now have need for a perfect payment in order to have our debts to be satisfied, and to be forgiven our sins. God can not just excuse us and overlook our sins. If He did that, then His justice would not be perfect. And NO man is capable of satisfying God's perfect justice with its sentence of death. Remembering God being God, He is perfect in all things, including His judgments and His justice. You see Whollybywill, only a God-Man, the Incarnate Lord Jesus Christ has the worth to satisfy God the Father's burning wrath against man.

Philippians 2:5-11, "Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Jesus emptied Himself -- this emptying of Himself is known as the "kenosis" of Christ during His incarnation. Jesus as God becoming man (flesh and blood) does not mean that He surrendered any of His Deity, but that He took on the limitation of humanity. This involved a "veiling" of His pre-incarnate glory, for Jesus said in John 17:5, "And now, glorify Thou Me together with Thyself, Father, with the glory which I had with Thee before the world was." He voluntary waived some of His divine prerogatives during the time He was on earth in flesh and blood. Literally He drew a veil between Himself and His divine power -- He being God still had the same nature and essence that included all He was before coming into this world. God is God! Jesus could not, nor cannot literally divested Himself of His divine nature and perfections, for that is impossible. He could not cease to be omnipotent, and omnipresent, and most holy, and true, and good.

Only Jesus as God-Man has the uniqueness to save us from our sins. He is of the very same nature and divine essence as God. Our Redeemer existed in the form of God. Jesus is truly divine, and His consenting to become a man was the most remarkable of all possible acts of humiliation. Jesus the Man is of the same divine nature and essence of God the Father.

Though our Savior was God appearing in the form of man -- a divine person on earth -- yet He did not assume and assert the dignity and prerogatives appropriate to a divine being, but put Himself in a condition of obedience. For such a divine being to obey implied voluntary humiliation; and the greatness of His humiliation was shown by His becoming entirely obedient, even up to and including the time He hung, bled, and died on that cruel cross.

Scriptures record and prove Jesus Christ is God by His preexistence, His incarnation, His humanity, His deity, His earthly life, His kenosis, His impeccability, His death, His resurrection, His ascension, His present ministry, and last, but not least, His return. Scriptures are replete with the proofs of all these.

A well known author wrote a book titled, "No Wonder They Call Him Savior", a fitting title, for only the perfect God-Man Jesus Christ is worthy and capable of imputing righteousness into the account of the believer.

Lol follow me on this if you can. How was Jesus born? You might have forgotten he was divinly born. When you say god came down from someplace was it actually god that came down or an angel? You should read the book of John again. Wasn't Gabriel the same angel that came to Elizabeth. Was not Noah perfect in his generation, in his genetics, his genes, his blood. This wasn't a new thing. Your god is a man, you have paintings of him thats great. My god is the Master.

john 5:43-44 Christ says:I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

who do you call on? The Father or the Son?

Christ also says: John 7:17-18Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

who's doctrine are you following?

John 7 :18

He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him

who's glory do you seek the son or the father? Remember his is a jealous god.

john 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

who do you honor?

john 13-16

Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.

If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.

For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

Christ is trying to tell you something but only he that has an ear can hear. Meanig only one that listens openly, or in your case read, will be able to recieve the

the information he was trying to tell us. You follow a another's doctrine not Christ or God's.

john 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Surely if you trust god the most high, the master, your father than you will trust in the one sent by God. I would hope so.

Jesus never said he was the father or God his disciples just thought he was. I mean who wouldn't. Jesus almost always spoke in parables and seldomly

explained them.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Content Count:  18

Hi HB

We were having this same discussion on another thread on the Deity of Jesus and I posted these Scriptures, check them out.

Here Jesus and Jehovah God share the same titles.

Jehovah is our Savior

"Besides Me there is no Savior"--Isaiah 43:3,10; 45:21,22; 60:16; 49:26

Jesus is Our Savior

"Savior of the World"--1 John 4; Luke 2:11; 2 Timothy 1; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1

Jehovah is Our Redeemer

As for our Redeemer, Jehovah of Hosts is His name--Jeremiah 1:34, Isaiah 47:4.

Jesus is Our Redeemer

Christ has redeemed us--Galatians 3:13; Revelation 5:9; Titus 2:14; Luke 24:21.

Jehovah is Our Creator

I am Jehovah who makes all things...alone, by Myself--Isaiah 44:24

Jesus is Our Creator

All things were made by Him--John 1:3 All were created by Him--Colossians 1:16

Jehovah is Our Source of Life

He gives life to all--Acts 17:25 He is your life--Deuteronomy 3:20; 32:39

Jesus is Our Source of Life

He gives life to the world--John 6:33 I am the life--John 14:6; 11:25; 6:27-47

Jehovah is Our Father

Jehovah our Father--Isaiah 63:16; 64:8

Jesus is Our Father

Father of Eternity--Isaiah 9:6

Jehovah is The I AM

His name is I AM--Exodus 3:14 Jehovah (Yahweh) means "He Is."

Jesus is The I AM

Before Abraham was, I AM--John 8:58 Who is, was, and is to come--Revelation 1:8

Jehovah is Lord of Lords

Deuteronomy 10:17

Jesus is Lord of Lords

Revelation 17:14.

Jehovah is Our Shepherd

Jehovah is my Shepherd--Psalm 23:1; Isaiah 40:11

Jesus is Our Shepherd

I am the Good Shepherd--John 10:11

Jehovah is The Almighty

The Almighty God--Genesis 17:1; 28:3; etc. Thine is the power--1 Chronicles 29:11; Matthew 6:18

Jesus is The Almighty

The Almighty--Revelation 1:8 The Mighty God--Isaiah 9:6 He has all power in heaven and earth--Matthew 28:18.

Jehovah is The Holy One

You alone are Holy--Isaiah 6:3 The Holy One--Isaiah 30:15; 54:5

Jesus is The Holy One

The Holy One--Mark 1:24; Luke 4:34; Acts 3:14

Jehovah is Our Light

Jehovah is my light--Psalm 27:1; Isaiah 60:20

Jesus is Our Light

The Light of the world-- John 8:12; 1:9

Jehovah is Our Rock

He alone is my Rock--Psalms 62:6; 18:2

Jesus is Our Rock

Christ is the Rock--1 Corinthians 10:4; 1 Peter 2:8

Jehovah is Our King

Jehovah is King forever--Ps. 10:16

Jesus is Our King

King of Kings--Rev. 17:14; Matt. 21:5

Jehovah is The First and Last

Isa. 43:10; 41:4, 48:12

Jesus is The First and Last

Rev. 22:13; 1:8

Jehovah is Our Hope

Jehovah my Hope--Jer. 17:13, 17; 50:7

Jesus is Our Hope

Jesus Christ our Hope--1 Tim. 1:1

Answer me this question WB. When Did Jehovah come to dwell in the midst of His people?

Behold, I am coming and I will dwell in your midst,' says Jehovah." (Zechariah 2:10).

Answer me this question WB. Can there be two Firsts and Two Lasts? that is linguistic suicide.

The Bible is quite clear as to who Jesus is. The Bible teaches us that Jesus was 100% God and also 100% man. Theologians call this the hypostatic union.

Jehovah? J is the 26th letter added to the alphabet. The so-called name of God was added unit the 1700's. A J in the English didn't exist before than. You are using a translated version of another translated name. Before jehova it was Ieovah. God isn't a name either but a title. I am what I am is hi name. Sorry guys it's not god either. A name cannot be translated from one laungage to another only a word can. If you needed to write an english name in arabic you would transliterate the name so that the pronouciation would be the same. You don't have his name King James bible gave you that name. Sorry.

God did not come to earth as a man, Christ came to earth as a man.

( my last post..."May I suggest you read John 1:1 -15. Jesus created everything as well.")

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him,[/i] and the world knew him not.

I believe God came to earth in Jesus Christ (a man)

cardcaptor Posted Aug 25 2007, 11:02 AM

QUOTE(whollybybill @ Aug 23 2007, 01:29 PM)

God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit are all Gods and separate entities. God is NOT one God with 3 different personalities.

Cardcaptor has a body and inside your body is a soul.

Your soul (you) is Spiritually influenced, you choose how it will be spiritually influenced

We all, have a spirit that influences our souls, and, in the end, our decisions that are manifested in our lives (bodies)

Do you believe that you are 3 seperate beings?

Body, soul and spirit are all part of us.

ALL 3 make up one being

We are made in the image of God

God - soul

the Holy Spirit- spirit

the Son- body

Like Christ, we too will recieve "heavenly bodies" 1 Col.15:49-52