• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

Btw – you have been "peeking" all along but don’t worry, I won’t let the cat out of the bag. <_<

1) You're omniscient now! <_<

2) If I had been peeking all along, your above statement would have let the cat out of the bag.

Strange that someone who knows everything does NOT know how to properly bag a cat. <_<

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironically...Christianity is built on authoritarianism.

Absolutely! Maybe that is the root of the misunderstanding. Christian attitude towards God are misapplied to government? Govt shouldn't be revered, because reverence leaves little room for scrutiny. If we deify govt, there is nothing to keep it in check--and it must be. <_<

Perhaps thats why America is going down the toilet. American ideology is NOT necessarily God's ideology.

America's government is secular. God's govt, on the other hand, is not secular. However, the idea in America is that, under a secular government, we can worship freely. Freedom of religion allows us to practice/obey God's "ideology." Whether we do or don't is a personal choice, one that will be Judged.

The 'provacateur' incident...I've seen the vid and pictures. Those boots are Altama combat boots. The fact that those guys were wearing them is no more surprising than the fact that they were wearing camoflauge pants. Nor is it surprising that a couple of cops were wearing them. Altama is one of the leading boot makers in the World.

Also...everyone who has been involved in a riot knows that most people who are detained are NOT arrested. The fact that only 4 people were arrested doesn't mean hardly anything. Most detainee's are held until things calm down and then released. Sometimes they are given a ticket...but rarely arrested unless they refuse to cooperate once detained.

Lastly...the vast majority of police officers are required to maintain standards on their uniforms...including a shine on their shoes (even if its just a moderate shine.) I find it HIGHLY unlikely that an officer would spray flourescent green paint on his duty boots. For me thats a clincher...its hard enough to keep your boots nice without spray painting them various colors.

Thanks for the info, Axxman. Hopefully more comes up. Can you tell me if undercover police officers are required to provide badge numbers if asked? (My gut instinct says no, they would not do this by law or in practice.)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

And now, our all new DVD of INSANE people doing CRAZY things!!! And why? Out of FEAR, FEAR, FEAR!!! You'll be amazed at all the wacky clips and loopy tricks! Get your copy of the number one DVD in the land!: Political correctness gone WILD!

And now, our all new DVD of INSANE people doing CRAZY things!!! And why? Out of FEAR, FEAR, FEAR!!!You'll be amazed at all the wacky clips and loopy tricks! Get your copy of the number one DVD in the land!: Political correctness gone WILD!

<_<<_<<_<

<_<

Political correctness is a joke. It's like some weird secular form of pseudo-morality. I've never understood it, or stood by it, and I can't stand it!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Absolutely! Maybe that is the root of the misunderstanding. People wrongly deify American government? <_<

America's government is secular. But God's govt is not secular. However, the idea in America is that, under a secular government, we can worship freely, that we can practice/obey God's "ideology."

I call it idolatry...but I agree with you on that (for once.) However, I don't think that America's ideology about 'worshipping freely' is a Godly standard. I do not believe that God approves of the 1st Amendment right to 'religious freedom' as it allows for the worship of false gods. While it is certainly convenient for me...because it allows me to worship how I want...it wouldn't mean anything to my worship if there was no 1st Amendment.

The 1st Amendment doesn't give me the right to worship God...it is God's command that I worship him. The 1st Amendment gives the unsaved the right to worship false god's...and that is contrary to one of the 10 Commandments. As such, Christians practice idolatry by clinging so tightly to such an ungodly principle.

God demands our worship, regardless of man's laws. If thats not authoritarian...I don't know what is...lol.

Thanks for the info, Axxman. Hopefully more comes up. Can you tell me if undercover police officers are required to provide badge numbers, if requested?

I tried to respond before the other thread got closed. The quick answer is no. Of course, we are talking about Canada, and everybody has different laws. I will say that I have no problem with officers being undercover at these events. I also didn't see the three of them doing anything illegal until they tried to breach the police line.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

That's all well and good but what about posting about the good things authority does? They aren't perfect but they aren't always wrong either.

theyprobably would if theauthority did anything good. but like this abuse of authority in this case, we have cops murdering people in their homes, cops that lie in court to make sure that they suck every dime out of their vicitms pockets they can possibly get.

Cops are the biggest abuse of authority. Good example is fulton county or Atlanta georgia. FBI had to come in and clean the department up. their putting cops in prison right and left, for everything from murder to drug trafficing, to falsifying police reports, to falsely accusing victims of crimes. Now their going to take over 4 upper county sherriffs departments, where the sherriffs are in jail awaitng trial for covering up crimes the cops commit against law abiding citizens. two cops in the county next to me drove by a mans house and shot up his house with him in it because he was dating one ofthe cops estranged wife. the sherriff is also in jail now for covering it up.

Its a wonder that anyone has any respect for cops anymore. i know i don't have a shred of respect for them and wouldn't trust one or rely on one for anything.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

Just wondering if you ever post any positive news... or only bad news?

At the great risk of having this thread closed. I've just got to say the following:

When I saw this, I found it so incredible that I just have to point out the obvious. I can't say that it was you who was involved because I honestly don't remember, but "Just wondering if you ever post any positive news... or only bad news?" is EXACTLY the phrase that was used a short while ago when I posted a couple of news items that some people didn't want to hear. I got the distinct impression that a large number of people, generally, just want to keep their head buried in the sand and pretend that anything they don't like doesn't really exist.

At the time I felt so bad that I searched the 'net for some stories that would be "acceptable".

Please don't go alienating the Lorax - as I felt alienated for quite a while - he is one of the few posters that post news items that are really interesting. Try to "lighten up" and tackle what is being said in a post and not your perceived attitude of the poster.

What do you want; maybe "child find stray puppie and gives it a good home", or "man bakes really tasty loaf of bread"? Why don't we just swap recipes and knitting patterns?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

Ironically...Christianity is built on authoritarianism.

Absolutely! Maybe that is the root of the misunderstanding. Christian attitude towards God are misapplied to government? Govt shouldn't be revered, because reverence leaves little room for scrutiny. If we deify govt, there is nothing to keep it in check--and it must be. :21:

From my point of view I think this pretty much sums everything up. I find I can't criticise the American attitude towards Christianity because it is miles ahead of the rest of the world in it's honesty, its laws and its openness.

However, I have a really big problem with the fact that so many people seem to be thinking that to be a Christian means that they have to obsequiously support government "authority". I can't remember who it was who said that "a good government is one that is afraid of its people", but a lot of you seem to forget that government exists to serve the people - not the other way around.

Jesus didn't tell anyone to deify government. So why do so many people think they have to do this?

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Buck... I agree with everything in both of your posts. While Lorax's posts are usually about bad things, that is the world today, plenty of bad things to talk about. I find that Lorax's topics usually spawn the most interesting and educational debates.

And I especially agree with the deifying government bit. The government should benefit the people.

Buck and Keilan,

Thanks

:24: