Yahweh is salvation

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Oh,ok. It's nice that you can discuss things with each other. I still think that Jesus is our only personal teacher.

Actually, in Ephesians chaper 4, you will find that God has given pastors and teachers to us to help us. God has anointed people to serve in those capacities. If God did not think we needed human teachers, He would not have provided them.

You should read Matthew 23.8-10. Again, I only listen to Jesus Christ.

Edited by Yahweh is salvation

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

And I think you ought to look at the context too, in which Jesus was speaking starting from verse 1 and going on to v12. Here Jesus is telling His disciples to obey the pharisees in the Law, but not to act like them because "Everything they do is done for men to see" and "they love to be greeted in the marketplaces and to have men call them 'Rabbi.'".

Jesus is warning the disciples not to get proud in their positions, but to stay humble; because having people refer to you by a title can blow yor ego up a bit too much.

"The greatest among you will be your servant. For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted."

And I think you ought to look at the context too, in which Jesus was speaking starting from verse 1 and going on to v12. Here Jesus is telling His disciples to obey the pharisees in the Law, but not to act like them because "Everything they do is done for men to see" and "they love to be greeted in the marketplaces and to have men call them 'Rabbi.'".

Jesus is warning the disciples not to get proud in their positions, but to stay humble; because having people refer to you by a title can blow yor ego up a bit too much.

"The greatest among you will be your servant. For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted."

Yes, I did read that. But the message still remains, we have only one Father and only one Teacher.

Yes, I did read that. But the message still remains, we have only one Father and only one Teacher.

So you won't listen to anyone else who teaches you about Scriptures? Despite Ephesians telling us that some are teachers?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/21/1990

So you won't listen to anyone else who teaches you about Scriptures? Despite Ephesians telling us that some are teachers?

I think we can all agree that there has never TRULY been a teacher, or a prophet, or a priest, they were only types of the one to come, that is the Christ. However we read in scripture “When He ascended on high, He led captivity captive, And gave gifts to men.” (Psalm 68:18; Ephesians 4:8). These gifts he gives, some to be prophets, preachers, teachers, evangelists, etc..(Ephesians 4:9-12) and when some are ordained to teach, if its biblically accurate and sound its not as though man is speaking but GOD speaking through the man who has the Holy Spirit in him. What do i mean?

Ephesians 4:20 "But you have not so learned Christ, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus."

Now we know from the context of this New Testament letter that this letter to the Ephesians was obviously written after the ascension of our LORD, so then what does he men by "If you indeed heard him and have been taught by him" ? They heard him and were taught by him through those whom he had ordained to be teachers, even more so, believers that are truly saved know the good doctrine, so again its the LORD speaking through men.

Hope this helps,

Burn

Edited by BurnForChrist

Nope.

Guest shiloh357

Nope.

Which indicates that you most likely not a true Christian. A true Christian believes the entire Bible.

Even though Jesus gave teachers to the church, you reject His gift, which means you don't really follow Christ, otherwise you would accept His gift. You are very decieved.

So you don't believe that Ephesians is the Word of God as well? How do feel about the innerancy.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

But the message still remains, we have only one Father and only one Teacher.

What about the Holy Spirit? :29: Did you forget Him?

Did not Jesus say He would send the Holy Spirit to teach us?

John 16

13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.

Nope.

Well you sir, are headed for folly. If you don't listen to anyone else - even those who are very learned and have studied academically or otherwise for years, then you will be open for every whim and fancy that comes along and "sounds about right" by you own mind.

But the message still remains, we have only one Father and only one Teacher.

What about the Holy Spirit? :24: Did you forget Him?

Did not Jesus say He would send the Holy Spirit to teach us?

John 16

13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.

Exactly, which in turn means Jesus, via the Holy Spirit, is teaching other people too - therefore other people will have knowledge which they too, can teach to others about Scripture.