Yahweh is salvation

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

My Brothers and Sisters, this is how I understand the Bible.

We are all beleivers, and the reason why we call ourselves beleivers is because we beleive in God. If we said that we know God, we would call ourselves the know-ers, I guess :emot-highfive: . Anyway, this is what I beleive that the Jesus is saying to us.

I BELEIVE that Jesus is the Son of God when I read this:

Then a voice from heaven said, "This is my own dear Son, and I am pleased with him". ( Matthew 3.17 )

Not everyone who calls me their Lord will get into the kingdom of heaven. Only the ones who obey my Father in heaven will get in. ( matthew 7.21 )

If you tell others that you belong to me, I will tell my Father in heaven that you are my followers. ( Matthew 10.32 )

No one knows the day or hour. The angels in heaven don't know, and the Son himself doesn't know. Only the Father knows.

( Matthew 24.36 )

Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane. When they got there, he told them,"Sit here while I go over there and pray". ( Matthew 26.36 )

Then he knelt down on the ground and prayed, "Father, if it is possible, don't let this happen to me! Father, you can do anything. Don't make me suffer by having me drink from this cup. But do what you want, and not what I want".

I could go on and on. Jesus doesn't call him self Son of God, we call him that because he keeps saying "Father" and "My Father. I listen to the Bible (new testament), and in that I listen to my Lord Jesus Christ.

If I am wrong, and if I am that lost sheep, then I hope that my shepherd finds me soon.

God bless you all.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357

You are confusing essence with relationship.

The fact that Jesus is subordinate to His Father, it doesn't stand to reason that Jesus is not God.

Jesus doesn't call him self Son of God,

Yet Peter called Jesus "The Son of the Living God" and Jesus told Peter that it had been revealed to Him by the Father in Heaven. Jesus affirmed those who declared He was the Son of God.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

You have to take into account John 1: 1-5 at least in saying that Word became flesh (ie. Jesus) and that the Word is God. And then in Collosians (I think I'd have to check) where it says He emptied Himself not wanting to rob God - Jesus, the Word of God, stepped down from heaven humbled Himself by taking on human form and giving up some of His divine rights, to become a little lower than the angels!

It's late, I can't think of much more off the top of my head right now.. *yawn*

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

We are all beleivers, and the reason why we call ourselves beleivers is because we beleive in God. If we said that we know God, we would call ourselves the know-ers, I guess :emot-highfive: . Anyway, this is what I beleive that the Jesus is saying to us.

Then a voice from heaven said, "This is my own dear Son, and I am pleased with him". ( Matthew 3.17 )

Not everyone who calls me their Lord will get into the kingdom of heaven. Only the ones who obey my Father in heaven will get in. ( matthew 7.21 )

If you tell others that you belong to me, I will tell my Father in heaven that you are my followers. ( Matthew 10.32 )

No one knows the day or hour. The angels in heaven don't know, and the Son himself doesn't know. Only the Father knows.

( Matthew 24.36 )

Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane. When they got there, he told them,"Sit here while I go over there and pray". ( Matthew 26.36 )

Then he knelt down on the ground and prayed, "Father, if it is possible, don't let this happen to me! Father, you can do anything. Don't make me suffer by having me drink from this cup. But do what you want, and not what I want".

I could go on and on. Jesus doesn't call him self Son of God, we call him that because he keeps saying "Father" and "My Father. I listen to the Bible (new testament), and in that I listen to my Lord Jesus Christ.

If I am wrong, and if I am that lost sheep, then I hope that my shepherd finds me soon.

God bless you all.

John 10:30

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

( Matthew 24.36 )

God bless you all.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

You are confusing essence with relationship.

The fact that Jesus is subordinate to His Father, it doesn't stand to reason that Jesus is not God.

Jesus doesn't call him self Son of God,

Yet Peter called Jesus "The Son of the Living God" and Jesus told Peter that it had been revealed to Him by the Father in Heaven. Jesus affirmed those who declared He was the Son of God.

Yes of course there are many references in scripture where Jesus confirms that he is the son of God.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

John 10:30 The Father and I are one." 31 Again the Jews picked up rocks to stone Him. 32 Jesus replied, "I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these works are you stoning Me?" 33 "We aren't stoning You for a good work," the Jews answered, "but for blasphemy, and because You--being a man--make Yourself God." 34 Jesus answered them, "Isn't it written in your law, I said, you are gods ? 35 If He called those to whom the word of God came 'gods'--and the Scripture cannot be broken-- 36 do you say, 'You are blaspheming' to the One the Father set apart and sent into the world, because I said 'I am the Son of God'? 37 If I am not doing My Father's works, don't believe Me. 38 But if I am doing them and you don't believe Me, believe the works. This way you will know and understand that the Father is in Me and I in the Father."

Looks to me like Jesus was being pretty clear here about who He is and His position in it all!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

We are all beleivers, and the reason why we call ourselves beleivers is because we beleive in God. If we said that we know God, we would call ourselves the know-ers, I guess :24: . Anyway, this is what I beleive that the Jesus is saying to us.

( Matthew 24.36 )

God bless you all.

and God Bless You, dear brother !!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  705
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  11/23/1958

John 10:30 The Father and I are one." 31 Again the Jews picked up rocks to stone Him. 32 Jesus replied, "I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these works are you stoning Me?" 33 "We aren't stoning You for a good work," the Jews answered, "but for blasphemy, and because You--being a man--make Yourself God." 34 Jesus answered them, "Isn't it written in your law, I said, you are gods ? 35 If He called those to whom the word of God came 'gods'--and the Scripture cannot be broken-- 36 do you say, 'You are blaspheming' to the One the Father set apart and sent into the world, because I said 'I am the Son of God'? 37 If I am not doing My Father's works, don't believe Me. 38 But if I am doing them and you don't believe Me, believe the works. This way you will know and understand that the Father is in Me and I in the Father."

Looks to me like Jesus was being pretty clear here about who He is and His position in it all!

Yep pretty clear to me. :P