nebula

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

I hear ya bro! Yea this is Josephstrks Ha! Ha! Like I said before, whats happening over thier is out of our hands, weather we like it or not. I feel the Lord is moving in many different ways in the world as of late, and the mystries are just now starting to unfold. My wife being a pacifist, and me from the old school, sometimes dont see I to I, but I believe what it says in the good book, that is we have to submit to athority. Ha!!!!! Hear that one comming from an old rebel Ha!!! Well anyways I pray this finds all of my brothers and sisters over there in harms way, in good spirits. And in the end it wont matter any ways, as its said in the good book all is vanity under the sun. We as christians need to remember one thing, we dont live to this world as others of this world, but we are to live as EXAMPLE???We need to start showing more love and compassion for each other, and the people of this world. The stuff Ive read on this board as of late really makes me wander where some of you are comming from?? I pray the holy spirit convict all are hearts, we all need to reread some of what the Lord said, and put into practice of wearing holes in our Knees. I cant believe some of the bashing going on, we should all be ashamed. If a person believes in none voilance, we should all respect that, cause not all of us have that gift.Cause some of the bashing towards my wife, has got my ruffels up, its one thing for the world to bash us, but we are falling right into the dark ones hands when we bash each other. Think about it, we are to be EXAMPLES..Hope I didnt get off the subject? Well Ive said my piece, may the good Lord soften all our hearts, and may we all shine in his light Josephstrks

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

Please I pray ALL of you STOP it. Listen to yourselves. This squabbling and anger is getting out of hand. I am not going to defend why Bush sent our men and women to Iraq. There is so much intrigue in politics I doubt anyone knows the truth if there is a truth anymore. But to watch brothers and sisters in Christ going for each others throats is sad. Would Jesus want us to act this way?

Our military is doing the job they are told to do. I cannot think of one soldier, sailor, marine etc who actually enjoys pulling the trigger and watching a human fall. To see them called baby killers or worse by someone sitting on their butts safe and not in the line of fire callously making remarks is not only a disservice to our men and women but to everyone. We all have our own opinions on what is going on. There will never be universal agreement among ourselves as to the situation. So let it be. Please I beg you. Don't serve satan by causeing hate and dissention in posts. Serve Jesus instead. :down:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Bush bashing and government bashing...I don't care about...people will always complain about government and government policies for as long as we are here on this earth....and never will there be any commen ground between civilians and elected officials...One politician will be loved by many and seen as able to do no wrong...just like one will be hated and constantly criticized. Fine I say..by all means state your opinion about any of them. But when the soldiers catch the backlash that flies after all this hatred...then we all have a problem...those against the war are starting to bash the soldiers over there...I have heard it in my own small town...and it makes me sick. Get your priorities straight people...they had no choice...they are doing what some feel is right and what others feel is their duty. I applaud both.

Pray more that our soldiers will not have to suffer hearing anthing like "baby killers" when they get back here and stand up for them if you hear someone doing this....I think that lady in nebulas post was great :laugh: Good for her...how many times have any of us heard something said in nastiness over this war that was directed towards our soldiers and walked away?

Bottom line....yes I wish this war wasn't happening....I ache when I hear more of our young soldiers are getting killed. But instead of this making me angrier I pray...anger leads to a poisen tounge. Am I mad that SH is out of power? NO...he needed to be taken down....as far as I am concerned hearing all the rhetoric about ulterior motives and so on for this war....He should have been taken out of power a long time ago...He stayed in there alot longer than he should have....and if this world would have let him keep killing his own people and anyone else he could get away with...then guess what people...we owe an apology to Hitler for taking him out too.

Ok I'm done...now those who don't agree with me can rip me up :huh: :x:

But while your at it....say a prayer for my cousin whom I love dearly who is overseas doing his duty too.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

I will apologize if my above post offended anyone here or seemed to be confrontational. I am truly sorry if that is the case.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

Angel your post did not offend anyone. I did not mean to direct my last post to you. But , I don't know, tonight it just got to me. The hate and venom I read on any thread about this war sickens me. Its not just this thread I was talking about. I see brother and sister each with valid points tearing at each other like a pack of wolves and it makes me want to cry. Maybe I am just oversensitive tonight. If my post has offended anyone I sincerely apologize. It is not my intention to make anyone feel shame just to make us all stop a minute and think before we post harsh words and criticism here.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Angel your post did not offend anyone. I did not mean to direct my last post to you. But , I don't know, tonight it just got to me. The hate and venom I read on any thread about this war sickens me. Its not just this thread I was talking about. I see brother and sister each with valid points tearing at each other like a pack of wolves and it makes me want to cry. Maybe I am just oversensitive tonight. If my post has offended anyone I sincerely apologize. It is not my intention to make anyone feel shame just to make us all stop a minute and think before we post harsh words and criticism here.

:il: you are very wise papasangel....very wise indeed :laugh:

Guest idolsmasher

I don't know what you guys think but actually, I thought this particular thread has been pretty civil.

Josephstrks, good post my man! :laugh:

• Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

If a person believes in none voilance, we should all respect that, cause not all of us have that gift.

Josphstks, please understand that not everyone sees this as "a gift" as you do. :laugh:

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Pawns, OA?

Sorry, Sister, that's where we disagree.

Some of us in the military actually have brains that we use to think about the issues. Strangely enough, some of us actually thought out this current situation (with God's leadership, of course) and made a distinct decision to try and stop people from blowing up others.

• Topic Count:  276
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Hey One.

I hear you. There are many that do not believe in what they are doing. Seems to me that they shouldv'e understood these feeling of theirs before they signed up. Leeches, some are. They don't mind sucking up the bennies of the military but many of them want to condemn everything the military does. They seem to forget just what paid their bills last month.

My situation in the NG is somewhat different than active duty. Yup, theyr'e pretty much stuck but if they are past their first enlistment, then I have no sympathy for their plight.

In the Guard, it's a little different. Basically, we can ask to be released from service with good reason as long as we are not already under active orders. We can kinda sniff the wind and see what's up ahead as far as deployments go so no call-up is really unexpected. A few got out that way in our unit. I just shook their hands and wished them God's Love. Most of them were for justified reasons such as medical problems or family issues.

But that is not what I take issue with. It's the ones that do nothing but complain and try to make names for themselves in the news to promote some anti-war stuff, but yet still change their tune when around a different enviroment. It would be like you singing the Praise of Jesus in church and then hitting the bars at night and bad-mouthing the people you sit next to on Sundays. It just doesn't add up to me.

Anyway, Sister, I gotta run for now. Take care. :o

t.

PS- Josephstrks, if you keep OA busy with the dishes, She'll have less time on the computer! :x: :o It didn't work to well at my house, though! :cool:

PPS- your'e right 'Smash, so far this one IS pretty tame. May God keep us like this.

It's kinda eerie though. The calm before the storm?? :help:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I don't know what you guys think but actually, I thought this particular thread has been pretty civil.

I agree. I've not seen any character assasination -- just different views for consideration. All threads should go as smoothe as this one. IMHO.

:cool: Yup, I agree. I am hopeful that it will stay that way. :a2: