IGNORED

Leona Helmsley Leaves $12 Million to Her Dog

Guest Biblicist

Isn't it sad that a relationship is defined by the amount of $$ a person leaves to their family?

Maybe she left the dog the money because she gave all of her LOVE to her grandchildren. :24:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

12 million dollars can't do a thing about human suffering. Look at the BILLIONS we'v given in aid to other countries - and look at the suffering that continues.

That's because the money goes into the pockets of the brutal dictators of those countries. We need to stop giving this money to them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

poor woman ...all the money in th world is not worth the sadness I felt when I read that ....she has to pay her grandchildren to visit their fathers grave ...how sad and how pathetic :24::taped:

I think years ago they were worth over 100million, until she went to prison for taxes. they have always been sad and pathetic. the reason she has to pay the kids to visit their father is because their father was a miserable you know what for a person! i don't blame the kids. might as well get something for their torturous upbringing.

I never said she couldn't do what she wanted with her money...I said her judgement was skewed.

Hmmm i don't disagree with that statement, she was skewed! One miserable person she was.

The poor are fed?

yes they are fed.

Some starving children in Africa may just disagree with you.

sorry but I quit worrying about africa years ago when we went in there with millions of tons of grains, millions of tons of farm equipment, and instructors to teach them how to grow food and how to do it in their environments, and when we left, they just left the equipment to rot in the fields and stuck their hands back out. Plus you have the bread baskets of Africa that siezed the land away from rightful land owners because they were white and gave it to anyone that was black to farm, just because they were blacks. didn't matter that they couldnt' farm the land.

Most homeless want to BE homeless? Sorry, I find that hard to believe....ask them again in the wintertime.

I told ya i have been there. i am there. i don't have a home. I choose to be homeless cause guess what, i don't have government interference in my life. Those that are homeless out there, are invisible. No one pays attention to their coming and going. Thats freedom when you can go anywhere, do anything you want. they don't pay taxes, they aren't tied down to property, they dont' have any responsibilites! Its not a bad life!

• Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

I told ya i have been there. i am there. i don't have a home. I choose to be homeless cause guess what, i don't have government interference in my life. Those that are homeless out there, are invisible. No one pays attention to their coming and going. Thats freedom when you can go anywhere, do anything you want. they don't pay taxes, they aren't tied down to property, they dont' have any responsibilites! Its not a bad life!

I'm sorry I doubted your statement. Please accept my apology.

As for you eliyahuw, I truly hope you aren't that cynical. Dogs don't appreciate money like we do. They don't see money as a way of conveying love.

I never said it was conveying love! I took on the responsibility of taking care of my pets, and that responsibility includes after my death! to do it any other way is irresponsible and makes me less than human.

And if you read my post, i have my will set up so that the one who takes care of my guys til they die a natural death, and takes care of them as good as I do, then they get whats left out of the money. It insures taht my kids aren't going to haul my pets down to the vets and euthanize them for no good reason or dump them off at some pound.

I would also hope that you have enough compassion for your children to ensure they have a secure future and for the one that is a recovering drug addict,

I'm sorry where do you get that idea that it is my responsibility to insure they have a secure future. I raised them, i taught them how to work, i taught them how to create opportunity, i taught them everything i could teach them. IT is now their responsibility to make their own way. As far as my son that had a meth problem, it is far more compassionate that i do not provide a means of temptation to fall back into that deathtrap by providing funds so that it becomes a means to that trap.

I would hope that you would find the charity to ensure if he were to relapse, that you'd have a nice rehabilitation clinic set up for him, to help him with his struggle.

i don't know. IF he relapses, then that is somethig he has to deal with. if you know anything about meth, rehab clinics do not work. They have about a 95% failure rate.

the only thing that works on a meth addict is for them to find something live for and that they love more than the meth. That is the ONLY thing that works!

It isn't our deeds that God loves to see us accomplish, it's the love in our hearts when doing those for Him. Likewise, God is a parent too and his child suffered and died for us. The least we can do is show compassion for our own children. After all, we all live in a fallen world, some of us are more susceptible to it's temptations than others. Those rare occasions are perfect opportunities for us to Glorify God and we should feel blessed that God has challenged us. It means He has faith in us. How amazing is that?

I agree, but it is not compassion to give them funds/means to destroy themselves. it is far better that i give my money if i were to have it to the Church for missions with requirements that if one of my kids need help and my kid comes to them, that they help them with rehab ect ect ect.

12 million would go far in alleving some human suffering.

I suspect your post was really about this statement, so I will address it alone.

12 million dollars can't do a thing about human suffering. Look at the BILLIONS we'v given in aid to other countries - and look at the suffering that continues. Human suffering isn't caused by a lack of western money - it's caused by OTHER HUMAN BEINGS.

But again, tell us about her relationship with those grandkids - tell us why she should leave them money.

(You skimmed over my questions, were they too hard?)

How did I skim over them? Again, my point...and I'll type slowly...

....it...would...have...been...far...better...to...leave...the ...money....to...a...human being....than...a....dog.....

Get it?

And yeah....12 million could help out a lot in any community. It sure would buy a lot of food, or medicine.

Look at the BILLIONS we'v given in aid to other countries - and look at the suffering that continues. Human suffering isn't caused by a lack of western money - it's caused by OTHER HUMAN BEINGS.

How much of those billions actually GOT to the people intended? Remember Somalia, genius? Most of the aid is squandered, or redirected by the governments of those countries. Usually to fill their own pockets, or it goes to their militaries.

And thats the primary reason i don't worry about the starving kids in china or africa or latvia or whatever country you choose to pick.

I'm sorry I doubted your statement. Please accept my apology.

No appology necessary, i didn't exactly elaborate to begin with. i have lived on the street before with the"bums" back a few years ago, saw more money in the pockets of homelss folks. most homeless get money, work for it by picking up cans, doing odd jobs, and none pay taxes nor have the expenses.

The year i was living on the streets in a big city, I made something like 18,000 dollars, and had no expenses. I dumpster dived for food, i got clothes at the thrift store, I rode the bus for transportation, i saved up enough living on the street to buy myself 7 acres of land, and a trailer that year and i did just that.

I saw more people on the street with that kind of money and the freedom to go with it. Wheni got my land, and trailer, i felt so chained down, almost like i became a slave to property.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Look at the BILLIONS we'v given in aid to other countries - and look at the suffering that continues. Human suffering isn't caused by a lack of western money - it's caused by OTHER HUMAN BEINGS.

How much of those billions actually GOT to the people intended? Remember Somalia, genius? Most of the aid is squandered, or redirected by the governments of those countries. Usually to fill their own pockets, or it goes to their militaries.

My point exactly!

But you said she should have given to her grandkids and I asked several questions about her relationship with them (which you implied you had knowledge of). Are you going to answer my questions or not? (Actually, forget it. Gotta run and won't be back till late tomorrow.)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Eliyahuw

Your last 3 posts are awesome !!!!

If anyone wonders what my posts really meant - read Eliyahuw's last 3 posts - my thoughts exactly. (And I too, have some experiences similar to yours).