• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Well,

I think it's a waste of money to leave it to the dogs. I have a wonderful relationship with my parents and grandparents and we work together to help each other out. Everyone falls on hard times and when there is no one else they can rely on, family does matter.

That's why it is a foreign idea to me that parents would withold an inheritance from their children in the event of an untimely death. I also trust my family to take good care of my pets, were I to die early. If I die, in a warzone, my family gets $800,000.00. If I die here in the US, my family gets $400,000.00. That money is unconditional and I am not going to bond any family member to some postmortem servitude as a condition of "earning" their inheritance.

If I had no family, my money would go to local US humanitarian programs and churches.

With crime and corruption as bad as it is in Africa and the ME, I cannot donate 1 dime to helping the hungry, as much as I want to help them, I gotta believe that my money will most likely be used to kill the people I am trying to help, or strengthen the warlords in control of those wastelands.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

That's why it is a foreign idea to me that parents would withold an inheritance from their children in the event of an untimely death.

I don't see whats so foreign. lets see, i raised them, fed them, paid for all the schooling. Got them out the door, took care of them when they returned, got them back out the door

finally got them to stay away

Waht i have left is mine to do as i wish. I spent everything i made on them for years. Now its my time to have what i want and do what i want with what i make.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

I have to agree with Justin here. I think she should leave enough money to feed the dog. But the fact it would only eat gourmet food is ridiculous in itself. I think they should stick that dog in a room with some normal dog food and see how hungry they have to make it before it's willing to eat like a normal animal.

Dog's cannot be placed on the same level as humans. God made everything (human, animal, plants) and as such, that gives them a certain amount of respect. Humans are elevated to a higher level because they are made in God's image. (Anyone who wants to here that concept in more detail and much more clearly should pick up Pollution and the Death of Man by Francis Schaeffer.

As for not giving it to the kids, I can understand that to some degree, depending on the children. If my child was a drug addict, I would rather give him nothing than fuel his addiction. However, if I had a child who followed God and would live a godly life, I think it would be fair to leave him something. And of course, I'm sure there's a better use for than 12 million than giving it to the dog. Plenty of starving children in Africa (and if you donate through certain, usually smaller, charities, they send you progress reports and such so you know the money is being used).

I have to agree with Justin here. I think she should leave enough money to feed the dog. But the fact it would only eat gourmet food is ridiculous in itself. I think they should stick that dog in a room with some normal dog food and see how hungry they have to make it before it's willing to eat like a normal animal.

Dog's cannot be placed on the same level as humans. God made everything (human, animal, plants) and as such, that gives them a certain amount of respect. Humans are elevated to a higher level because they are made in God's image. (Anyone who wants to here that concept in more detail and much more clearly should pick up Pollution and the Death of Man by Francis Schaeffer.

no one arguing that man is created in Gods image. I personally have found Dogs are better people than humans are! lets see. humans are liars, decietful, thieving, they hurt others needlessly or to get ahead of each other, they pretty much are absolutely selfish, uncaring, look out for number one, they wouldn't step in front of a bullet for you, or rescue you if you needed help.

on the other hand, dogs will love you unconditionally, they don't lie, cheat, steal, hurt you needlessly, they tell you what they think in a heartbeat and its a honest response I.E. bite you for scaring them,

In my case, my dog has saved my life three times. So i have to say their better than most people!

I wouldn't trust a human as far as i can throw them but i trust my dogs implicitly!

Thats pretty sad that humans are worse than a dog isn't it!

As for not giving it to the kids, I can understand that to some degree, depending on the children. If my child was a drug addict, I would rather give him nothing than fuel his addiction. However, if I had a child who followed God and would live a godly life, I think it would be fair to leave him something. And of course,

You know why is it fair! why do you think it would be unfair to give nothing. They are responsible for their own lives, I myself took care of them like i was supposed to, i sacrificed everyhting to bring them up right. IF I aquire wealth after their gone, then why is it being unfair if i don't give them a thing. IF i never promise them anything to begin with!

I'm sure there's a better use for than 12 million than giving it to the dog.

Maybe so, but the point is that its her money to do with as she sees fit! :29:

Plenty of starving children in Africa (and if you donate through certain, usually smaller, charities, they send you progress reports and such so you know the money is being used).

Weve been this route already. Africa is a money pit that your money being sent will end up in the warlords or governments pockets. Sorry but until they clean house, i wouldn't send a dime to them.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Eliyahuw, I agree that in a lot of areas, Dogs make better companions than humans. That is because dogs do not have a fallen nature (as far as I know anyway). They are going to show God's glory no matter what. However, relationships with men are much more important, you can't fulfill the great commission by evangelizing to dogs.

I also don't believe dogs have the same capacity for love as humans. Great loyalty? Certainly but love? I don't think so. While one can have a great relationship with a dog, the most rewarding relationships are always with humans (and naturally, that also means the greatest risk is involved).

I could agree that it isn't always necessary to leave money to your children, but I personally am quite sure I would want to help my kids out in any way possible (and by the time I die, I'm hoping my kids will be old enough to have already realized that not everything will be handed to them in life). As I don't know the situation between you and your children, I really can't comment further.

As for Africa, you're probably right in most cases, however there is a small charity based out of the city where I live that actually sends people over to african villages and uses the money to help build infrastructure in the villages. They send updates on the status of the village and the individual child you are sponsoring twice a year so that the person donating can be sure their money is being used wisely.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Eliyahuw:

When God told us to Go out and preach the gospel to all of the world, I don't thin, he meant animals. He meant humans.

While humans can dissappoint, so can animals.

If my 'best friend' chewed up my shoes and destroyed my belonging because I left him alone for three hours and he didn't like it, he wouldn't be my best friend anymore.

Seriously though...

Our fellow humans will always disappoint us. But that doesn't mean they aren't valuable to God. We should try to have HIS perspective. Even though humans fall under the curse of sin, we still need to go and make disciples of others.

12 million could do a LOT for human suffering. Just dividing it up among many of even Americas working poor and giving them 50 thousand would be a huge and appreciated blessing and even possibly life changing. When I was considered working poor, let me tell you 50 thousand would have changed my life.

And just because some may have witnessed a few in Africa who didn't maybe appreciate their blessing doesn't mean that this is true of humans everywhere.

We can't give up on humans. Jesus certainly did not.

quote eliyahuw: "no one arguing that man is created in Gods image. I personally have found Dogs are better people than humans are! lets see. humans are liars, decietful, thieving, they hurt others needlessly or to get ahead of each other, they pretty much are absolutely selfish, uncaring, look out for number one, they wouldn't step in front of a bullet for you, or rescue you if you needed help."

Yes, animals are better and more innocent than humans, which is why they were sacrificed for our sins prior to Yeshua.

Does it mean we should treat them better than our fellow human beings? No. We are all fallen, some have fallen harder than others.

To get back on track.

I am happy she donated so much money to charity, but it does show that she had more than enough to give to her surviving family members.

I'm just not that spiteful. If I were blessed with unimaginable wealth, I would ensure none of my relatives would ever have to work blue collar jobs again. It would be my gift to them, even though they may not deserve it. Hey, Yeshua died for our sins so we could be forgiven and enter heaven, even though we didn't deserve it.

quote eliyahuw: "no one arguing that man is created in Gods image. I personally have found Dogs are better people than humans are! lets see. humans are liars, decietful, thieving, they hurt others needlessly or to get ahead of each other, they pretty much are absolutely selfish, uncaring, look out for number one, they wouldn't step in front of a bullet for you, or rescue you if you needed help."

Yes, animals are better and more innocent than humans, which is why they were sacrificed for our sins prior to Yeshua.

Does it mean we should treat them better than our fellow human beings? No. We are all fallen, some have fallen harder than others.

eserve it. Hey, Yeshua died for our sins so we could be forgiven and enter heaven, even though we didn't deserve it.

Yeah well, quite often, i feel that God wasted his time on humans as a whole.

eserve it. Hey, Yeshua died for our sins so we could be forgiven and enter heaven, even though we didn't deserve it.

Yeah well, quite often, i feel that God wasted his time on humans as a whole.

Are you better than everyone, are you beyond human? You know, Yeshua was a human as well, I don't believe God wasted His time protecting, providing, and preserving the bloodline that led to the birth of our savior.

Now, perhaps it is beyond us to understand why God created us, but it is definitely foolish of us to criticize Him for doing that.

Remember, God knows what's in the past present or future, perhaps the creation of Humanity was just part of a greater plan that God has for His Universe.

Now we can argue that, perhaps God created just enough saved human beings so we can replace everyone of His angels that rebelled against Him. Remember "the elect?" I think God created every soul for salvation but only a certain number accepted it.

We just don't know why. Since we don't know why, we have no right to criticize Him.