• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I hold you accountable for your definitions of the Bible

Just who are YOU to hole ME accountable for anything? The only person I'm accountable to is God.

I hold people accountable for their actions. Why is this wrong? Are you saying that the next time I see a mother allowing her baby to crawl on a sidewalk littered with glass and trash, I should not speak up? This baby was also eating something off of the sidewalk. I said something. What would you have done? Leave it up to God and prayed?

Let me ask you a question. Do you think God NEEDS you? I'll go ahead and give you the answer, He doesn't. God also doesn't owe YOU a bloody thing. He did all He needed to do for you to be saved. He doesn't desire that you be lost, but that's YOUR choice.

Why are you so testy?

You think Christians are here to jump through your hoops? From your posts, it's easy to see that you really aren't here for real answers...you are here for a little sport. Your arrogance and pride won't allow for any serious dialog.

This is the the second unpleasant post I came across. I have been enjoying the conversation so far and find the majority of people pleasant. I think this post is unpleasant.

Jesus said that if one is told the Gospel and refuse it, to "shake the dust from your feet" (Matthew 10:14), and to move on. We are not to waste valuable time that could be spent with a serious seeker on one who has no true interest in the Gospel.

Then I take it that this will be our last conversation.

Edited by Secularist

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bible speaks a lot about 'pride' and it aint pretty.

Read my quotes below from some of the biggest proponents of atheism, all very proud men. All of their lives, they denied a god. Their last words should be something you might want to consider - for your own good.

I am curious about your Thomas Paine quote. Could you please provide a reference. I would like to examine the context of the quote.

Watch out that pride is not your biggest downfall. Any fair or truly open minded person will admit that there is certainly a possibility that a god may exist.

I do, but it really depends on how you define god.

Or are you really so proud you would denouce that?

Do you denounce thunder and solar deities?

Double post

Edited by Secularist

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

I hold people accountable for their actions. Why is this wrong? The next time I see a mother allowing her baby to crawl on a sidewalk littered with glass and trash, I should not speak up.

How in the world can you compare Christianity with a mother allowing a baby to crawl over broken glass? As someone who does not believe in God, only in naturalism, who are you to hold anyone to account for anything? Who says your ways are better than any others? Since their is no moral lawgiver in God, aren't we all free to live as we choose, even if it harms another? Who are you to even act moral, or try to impart your morality on others? This is all survival of the fittest....kill off the weak so the strong can survive, right? Isn't that natures "law?"

This is the the second unpleasant post I came across. I have been enjoying the conversation so far and find the majority of people pleasant. I think this post is unpleasant.

Awwwww.....so sorry. Should I do a song and tap number to make you feel better?

I just don't believe that your purpose here is to have a meaningful dialog with Christians. I believe you are here for an ego stroke.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

"It is very possible that a god exists but the odds that your god exists is slim to none. I don't think your god or islam's, hindu's, or budist's are the correct one. So let me ask you, Are you really so proud that you would not consider the existance of other gods?"

I'm not so proud. Not even in thes slightest. I've considered everything. I have decided to follow Jesus.

How in the world can you compare Christianity with a mother allowing a baby to crawl over broken glass?

I hold people accountable for their actions. I respect and get along with many Christians, but there are some that think the Bible is law. While it may be to you, I think we should tolerate other's belief and let your God take care of the spiritual realm. It is a minority, but homosexuals become targets due to the Bible. Creationists feel the need to waste public resources trying to get creationism to be taught as a science. It is clearly not. I do not know why some Christians feel threatened by the theory of evolution. I do not like people condemning me to hell. That is up to your God, and not you.

As someone who does not believe in God, only in naturalism, who are you to hold anyone to account for anything?

Wow! Who are you to say otherwise? So only people who believe in God can hold others accountable for their actions? This is bogus. Why cannot I not say that it is wrong for people to drive drunk? Why am I unworthy to critically evaluate ethics?

Who says your ways are better than any others? Since their is no moral lawgiver in God, aren't we all free to live as we choose, even if it harms another? Who are you to even act moral, or try to impart your morality on others? This is all survival of the fittest....kill off the weak so the strong can survive, right? Isn't that natures "law?"

Why do you insult me by saying that I cannot be moral without God? Can you define "weak" and "strong"? Could you tell my why it would be ethical for a "strong" person to kill a "weak" person? I fail to see your argument. I do not need God to tell me that intentionally murdering someone is wrong. Obviously, you do.

Awwwww.....so sorry. Should I do a song and tap number to make you feel better?
That would be amusing. What song are you going to sing? Do you take request?

I just don't believe that your purpose here is to have a meaningful dialog with Christians. I believe you are here for an ego stroke.

I am humble and do not need to stroke my own ego. Why do you continue to insult me? I am here for friendly debate. Why does Worthy Boards accept non-believers? I am abiding by their policies. If you do not want me here, then send a request to Worthy Boards. If I am breaking any rules, please let me know. I am responsible for my actions.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

I hold people accountable for their actions.

My point, again, is why do you, as someone who believes in naturalism, try to impart your morality on others? Would you not have to agree with me if I said there are no God given moral laws, and what's good for you, may not be good for me, but you should be allowed to do it? What If I felt, due to my own moral choices, that, like Hitler, Jews should all be killed? If morality is truly selective, you, by law of evolutionary nature, can't tell me that what I believe is wrong. If I follow Survival of the Fittest to the letter, I have every right to kill the weak...don't I?

Why cannot I not say that it is wrong for people to drive drunk? Why am I unworthy to critically evaluate ethics?

See above...

Could you tell my why it would be ethical for a "strong" person to kill a "weak" person?

What? It's not ethical to follow the law of nature? Are you an evolutionist or not?

What song are you going to sing? Do you take request?

Anything from West Side Story, or HMS Pinafore...

If you do not want me here, then send a request to Worthy Boards.

I never said I didn't want you here....I just told you what I believe your intentions are...big difference.

Now....if you don't mind...I need to practice "Refrain, audacious tar" as 'Josephine'

:thumbsup:

My point, again, is why do you, as someone who believes in naturalism, try to impart your morality on others? Would you not have to agree with me if I said there are no God given moral laws, and what's good for you, may not be good for me, but you should be allowed to do it? What If I felt, due to my own moral choices, that, like Hitler, Jews should all be killed? If morality is truly selective, you, by law of evolutionary nature, can't tell me that what I believe is wrong. If I follow Survival of the Fittest to the letter, I have every right to kill the weak...don't I?

You do not have the right to kill the weak. Stop looking at my morality strictly based on Malthusian economics (Malthus was a pastor). I deserve better than this. I am sorry that you do not like the fact that organic life requires organic life. We cannot metabolism inorganic matter.

See above...

Atheism all boils down to the survival of the fittest. You are being myopic.

What? It's not ethical to follow the law of nature? Are you an evolutionist or not?
You are saying that an evolutionist needs to follow one ethical law; survival of the fittest. This is hogwash. Go to the library and check out a book on ethics. Not every ethical teacher believed in a Christian God.

I take it that you are saying that the Earth was created in six days and is only six thousand years old. Why do you not believe in science, empirics, reason, rational thought, logic, and intelligence?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

"Read my quotes below from some of the biggest proponents of atheism, all very proud men. All of their lives, they denied a god. Their last words should be something you might want to consider - for your own good.

I am curious about your Thomas Paine quote. Could you please provide a reference. I would like to examine the context of the quote."

I found this along with a list of many other quotes from dying atheists about 7 months ago or so. The context is that he is dying.

"QUOTE

Watch out that pride is not your biggest downfall. Any fair or truly open minded person will admit that there is certainly a possibility that a god may exist.

I do, but it really depends on how you define god. "

Thats a good start. Do you beleive it's possible that an entity exists that is more intelligent and bigger than yourself?

"QUOTE

Or are you really so proud you would denouce that?

Do you denounce thunder and solar deities?"

Of course. What reason would I have in this day and age to beleive in such deities?

You do not have the right to kill the weak. Stop looking at my morality strictly based on Malthusian economics (Malthus was a pastor). I deserve better than this. I am sorry that you do not like the fact that organic life requires organic life. We cannot metabolism inorganic matter.

See above...

Atheism all boils down to the survival of the fittest. You are being myopic.

You are saying that an evolutionist needs to follow one ethical law; survival of the fittest. This is hogwash. Go to the library and check out a book on ethics. Not every ethical teacher believed in a Christian God.

I take it that you are saying that the Earth was created in six days and is only six thousand years old. Why do you not believe in science, empirics, reason, rational thought, logic, and intelligence?