IGNORED

Liberals and conservatives literally think differently, really!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Me: Conservatives tend to be much quieter when a liberal is voted in because they understand the democratic process while the liberals don't either understand it or respect it.

If conservatives truly understood the "democratic process" they would first understand that we are a Republic that is under the restrictions of a Constitution WITH a Bill of Rights that protects the minority from the majority, AND they would also not be liberal bashing as their only real means of winning political discussions. Conservatives believe in the serving of SELF first, not the collective good, and will quickly sacrifice the poor, the widow, the elderly, the underprivileged to serve their own sense of self importance. They have no real idea of what it truly means to SERVE CHRIST or MANKIND, only themselves, even to the point of selling their own people for a 'better deal' as it suits them

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I might also point out that the majority of those with post graduate degrees vote Democrat in every election.

That's because they've been educated in what passes for institutions of higher "learning", which are bastions of liberalism. We covered that in another thread, and it's very true.

Watch, Forrrest won't answer this one.

Forrest may not, but I will, and I say your statement is total bunk and based on 'religious' folks who wish to force a particular viewpoint on everyone whether it's truly supported by scripture or not (like YOUNG Earth). It's become vogue to put down intellectuals as 'unGodly" despite all the God fearing scientists, educators, etc. Just because it doesn't fit into a narrow view of what "Religion" wants to confine God to. Fortunately real Christianity is much more true

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I might also point out that the majority of those with post graduate degrees vote Democrat in every election.

That's because they've been educated in what passes for institutions of higher "learning", which are bastions of liberalism. We covered that in another thread, and it's very true.

Forrest may not, but I will, and I say your statement is total bunk and based on 'religious' folks who wish to force a particular viewpoint on everyone whether it's truly supported by scripture or not (like YOUNG Earth). It's become vogue to put down intellectuals as 'unGodly" despite all the God fearing scientists, educators, etc. Just because it doesn't fit into a narrow view of what "Religion" wants to confine God to. Fortunately real Christianity is much more true

Wow. Where to begin. That college campuses are bastions of liberalism is totally beyond refute. Links to prove this are all over the 'net. For example, read this, and this, this (this last one is the best!).

I have a masters level education, my husband holds two doctroates and we're both raging conservatives ( well, I'm the raging one). But, we were both educated at private colleges...I think that makes the difference.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Now (and I am only 31), I am much more socially libertarian and economically moderate (although I usually end up arguing things from the left on here to give some balance in this place).

Why would you do that--argue something from a point of view you don't really have? I'm conservative, and you wouldn't catch me arguing something from any other point of view. It would be counter-productive.

Well, it is rather that I see the merits at times of positions to the left of me, but that personally, I am much more middle of the road. For example, I don't think that nationalized healthcare systems are nearly as bad as conservatives try to paint them, but I am not convinced they are panacea for our problems either, or that we have the money for them. Truth be known, I would certainly support reforming welfare more as well (although, I don't put it nearly as high of a priority as some conservatives because its just a very small portion of government outlays anyway). Truth be known, I would also probably support partially privatizing Social Security if a workable plan for doing so was presented (the one that Bush put forward was not workable).

I don't remember seeing you post anything that wasn't in defense of the left, and even far left.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Look in the US News forum, on page 19, a thread I started called "A Letter that Was in the Letters to the Editor", starting with about post #11 and on.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

"Watch, Forrrest won't answer this one"

Run Forrest run!!!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

You can climb off your soapbox now.

Where is the evidence and references to back up your accusations?

Where in the Bill of Rights does it say that minorities have special privileges and rights not given to any other American?

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

I did not see it. I am not sure what you mean. Ok, yes Universities are more socially liberal and tolerant. This is because people that are routinely exposed to a diversity of beliefs and cultures tend to not have near the hang-ups of those that are not exposed to diversity. On other issues, it just depends.

I would say that economics departments are virtually all conservative. That said, there are no "Supply-Side Economics" departments anywhere because its not considered to be economic science. However, by and large there is a strong preference toward Free-Market Economics in University Economics Departments (as well they should be).

Business Schools almost all lean center right as well.

Sciences and engineering are agnostic as to political ideology.

Social Sciences tend to be socially liberal.

History departments tend to be more liberal.

Political Science is across the board.

Student culture and activism leans left.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

I don't remember seeing you post anything that wasn't in defense of the left, and even far left.

Well for one thing, what you consider to be left would be moderate to most Americans, I mean come on, you think Bill Clinton is far left lib, and what you consider to be far left is probably slightly liberal.

This is what is killing Republicans these days, you guys are getting way outside of the mainstream.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

You can climb off your soapbox now.

Where is the evidence and references to back up your accusations?

Where in the Bill of Rights does it say that minorities have special privileges and rights not given to any other American?

what if your a little of both???? some parts of my brain do not work andother parts compensated? patricia1 :mgfrog: