• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/29/1985

You are brave in not only admitting to this but in bringing it out in the open here and asking for help.

You are in my prayers.

thank you, i really appreciate it :wub:

:) from damo1

high Brian i reccomend every mans battle you can get this at a christian book store and its a very good book for guys like your self also as 4given1 stated find some one you can be accountable to in church like pastor or friend

i was wear you are at know and that is one of the things i needed to work on as a man my self and christ just simply took that off me

you should know what Jesus say on this subject read MAtthew 5 verses 27 to 30 most bibles have a different message on adultery

when you are in church and if it enters your mind do not entertain that thought deal with it there and then also ask the spirit to help you with this fill your head with positive things like try to remember a bible vere and pray over your self i am not sure how far you are in your walk yet most men i know have also been there and dealt with this issue and have moved on to wear its not a problem to them

i am in a good mens group wear i can talk openly on these things in your church is there a mens group that you can be apart of and be around other men that you can talk to

though i will say one thing there are guys also who will not talk openly on these issues as i have found this hear in Australia its like its a taboo for them to be open and human

i use to work in strip clubs as a boucner and this was around me 7 days a week yet i sort of got use to it to wear it never use to play on my mind the women i was looking after treated me as one of there brothers and it did not worry me that they wear naked and they knew they could trust me and i would not do nothing to hurt them yet this is just me

when i am talking to a women in church i look her in the eye not at what she is wearing or at her breasts as this is uncomfterbal for a women and this is something you need to also think about if you are having problems with lust

also seek counseling your counselor in church will be able to help you deal with some things and show you how to handle certain things

Lenord gave you some points very good points for a man and speaking as a man i am on the same terms as what Lenord stated it should be so what and never suppres things

be open with your self as you are a man my friend and get that book i told you every mans battle it goes into deeper things and you will find it very helpful

we use this in our mens group a pastor gave me this book for my self and we always talk openly so don't be afraid to be your self around other brothers they will understand wear you are at

Remeber one thing brian when walking in your town try not to let your thoughts go into hypo drive my friend as women are human they might be wearing things that would almost make a man go weak at the kness and satan is very good at attacking us guys like this as you wil also need to learn to handle this not just in the real world but in your job and also when shopping as what makes a women comfterbal it wil almost play on your mind and women can tell when i guy is checking them out even if you think you are good at hiding this never undress a women never think what she might look like in the nude or what you can do to her if she wear your partner as this is one of satans tools that he uses

and put the armor of god on prottect your self also the holy spirit lives with in you and do not do nothing to defile the holy spirit

remember 1 thing every man is different yet most men would have dealt with what you are dealing with know Brian

i hope you get to a point in your walk wear you over come this

take care from damo1

thank you for your response. i will check out that book that you mentioned and yes, our church (Calvery Chapel) has a men's group ... i really should join that.

well...i have same problem sometimes.....everytime i think i got it mastered....it comes right back!!!but i wont give up....i not long ago starting seeking God again....and feel forgivin.....which is great.....now i feel like its time to reach back deep down within to my hope and dreams....and once i do this ....i know most of the lust problems should be gone.....anyway hope this made anykind of since..... :thumbsup:

it makes perfect sense. i know exactly what you're talking about ... the trick is to keep trying, but it seems like the more i try to suppress this lust, the harder i fall when i (shamefully) give in to it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Maybe it would help if you found a good wife.

I am a Christian, I believe God's Word to be true and I am trying to change my life in a way that pleases God ... but, apart from many sins, there is one particular sin that i am having a real hard time with and that is Lust.

Throughout my school and college years, I was forunate in the sense that I didn't fall into the same trappings that my peers did (drinking, partying, smoking, etc.), but there was one area that I've often struggled with and that is lust.

For alot of years I justified it, but now as I'm trying to rebuild my relationship with Christ, I see now that it is very selfish and very wrong - it brings me nothing but guilt, emptiness, and depression.

I need help on how to deal with this ... any advice would help me out greatly. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

There are three things all believers need to grow. Spending lots of time in the Word and in prayer are important, but you need fellowship with other believers. This is the third element, and its so important I can't over state it. You can't grow properly without being in a local church, and being a "lone ranger" Christian is not much fun. I know, I tried to do that for years and it does not work very well.

You didn't say where you live, but is there any reason you can't take a bus to church? Are there churches closer to home you can go to until you can get your own transportation? You could also try calling the church and see about getting a ride. Getting a ride to a small group meeting is usually easier than you might think. It will also give you a chance to get a feel for the people too. I'd have some questions about any church that wouldn't help me out with a ride on a Sunday morning at least.

I would pray and ask the Lord to provide you with the right kind of friends who can help and provide accountability in this area where you are having trouble. Sadly, I have to say that you may want to be careful who you tell about your problem since not all are understanding. I would ask for wisdom before disclosing it. I'm not saying "sweep it under the rug" but not everyone needs to know either.

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  705
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  11/23/1958

thanks for your responses everyone, i really do appreciate it. and i know that prayer is a huge part of overcoming this ... but i'm still obviously not doing something right.

i've heard that fellowshipping with other Christians helps immensely, but i haven't gone to church in a while (i'm sad to say) and even though i am planning on going back, i have no clue on how to tell people about this issue. i've also thought about going to SAA meetings in the past, but unfortunately i don't have a car at the moment so i'm relying on family for transportation which means that they would have to take me to these meetings and i really don't feel all that comfortable having them know about this issue.

but it's nice to know that i'm not the only person out there who has this problem.

I don't think you have to tell anyone straight away about it. But an accountability partner is a good thing. If you are at a new church then it takes time to settle in and get to know people. There are things that you can keep between you and God until the time is right.

Keep praying and asking God to strengthen you in this area.

God Bless you

:cool:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/22/1958

We live in a society where dress code is not what GOD INTENDED! Unfortunately we as men are designed by God to be attracted to the opposite sex and ours eyes deceive us in that we are attracted somewhat by sight. Now in all this we should understand that women should dress somewhat more discrete to help us, but how can this be in our society! As perfect as we men think we are most all of us struggle with this temptation. How to overcome this? I have to repent MYSELF many times during the week! This does not make me a bad person it is just when I indulge in these thoughts that makes it bad so I choose to think of the word and Jesus and my beautiful Loving Wife, she is my one and only.

So you are not alone my brother. I hope someday maybe in my 80's I can not look at a beatiful women in Lust.

Go with God and he will go with you as he forgives us old fellows and still Loves us!

Well, break out my burqa! I would not want to lead my brother into sin because I am not dressed to meet his standards. Of course, I've read the Bible from one end to the other and I don't see a conflict between the Word and what I wear. Blaming a woman's dress for the sin of lust is like saying a woman deserves to be raped because she was wearing a short skirt or tight clothes.

The source of the sin of lust is a sinful nature. It is not what someone else is or is not wearing. I have known men who have lived in places where women wear burqas and chadris. With that dress code the only thing showing might be a woman's eyes. These men say that a woman's eyes can drive them to lust. Even if the eye's are shaded, they say they are sometimes driven to lust wondering what is under a woman's burqa.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

9 Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom.

10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

11 Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. 12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you

Well, break out my burqa! I would not want to lead my brother into sin because I am not dressed to meet his standards. Of course, I've read the Bible from one end to the other and I don't see a conflict between the Word and what I wear. Blaming a woman's dress for the sin of lust is like saying a woman deserves to be raped because she was wearing a short skirt or tight clothes.

The source of the sin of lust is a sinful nature. It is not what someone else is or is not wearing. I have known men who have lived in places where women wear burqas and chadris. With that dress code the only thing showing might be a woman's eyes. These men say that a woman's eyes can drive them to lust. Even if the eye's are shaded, they say they are sometimes driven to lust wondering what is under a woman's burqa.

you're right, lust is a desire of the flesh and it's a sin that many struggle with ... However, I disagree with you when you say, "I've read the Bible from one end to the other and I don't see a conflict between the Word and what I wear." Just because men struggle with this, does not mean that it's ok for women to go on wearing revealing clothing, short skirts, or pants that are so tight that they reveal the form of their bodies.

Romans 14:21

It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that causes your brother to stumble.

(I Tim. 2:9, 10)

"that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefaceness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array"

Deuteronomy 22:5

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

you're right, lust is a desire of the flesh and it's a sin that many struggle with ... However, I disagree with you when you say, "I've read the Bible from one end to the other and I don't see a conflict between the Word and what I wear." Just because men struggle with this, does not mean that it's ok for women to go on wearing revealing clothing, short skirts, or pants that are so tight that they reveal the form of their bodies.

A) Who says that what she's wearing is revealing?

B) You worry about your eyes, we'll worry about our clothes.

A) Who says that what she's wearing is revealing?

B) You worry about your eyes, we'll worry about our clothes.

A) I never once said that she was wearing anything revealing, but those quotes that I posted from The Bible were in response to what she said, "I've read the Bible from one end to the other and I don't see a conflict between the Word and what I wear." Because the Bible is pretty clear on what women should wear.

B) Ok, I will worry about my eyes ... but women out there need to realize how wrong it is to show off they're bodies in the kinds of clothes that they wear. Pride of the body is just as bad as lusting after the body. And women who feel the need to show off, have pride.

Edited by Brian85

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Brain, we all have our Achilles heel, its different for everybody. You just have to find the best way for God to help you deal with it. What bothers one person doesn't even faze another...............good luck and God bless.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Brain, we all have our Achilles heel, its different for everybody. You just have to find the best way for God to help you deal with it. What bothers one person doesn't even faze another...............good luck and God bless.

So hello Brian, Your moral muscles are being tested... Welcome to the Trials and testings...I do not mean it in a wrong way either. The most dangerous times of temptation are when we are at rest and idle in the Lord. I mean resting from the Lord which we should not be doing.

James 1;2 My brethren count it all Joy when you fall into divers temptations... Jesus calls you His child, part of the brethren

Verse three Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience Verse three But Let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perect and entire, wanting nothing...

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation...for when he is tried he shall recieve a crown of Life which the Lord hath promised to them who love him

It is not the feeling..it is not the want or the thought it is what you do with it. It does take time for victory and even having victory... it can pop up again... Being married does not mean lust stops either. My girlfriend lusted for her husband so bad it was not of God. Marriage is not always the answer as we see married people christians and non christians being unfaithful.

From the scripture in James above you are being tested and I believe the more perfect in Christ a man or woman is the greater the risks of temptation.

Who is your delilah, who wants to remove your annointing,.. peck at your eyes and so on.

Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world...Take authority brother . Get another brother who has found the victory to pray wiht you as well and stay accountable to him... In the Name of Jesus I pray for this brother, your beloved child oh Lord...You see the torment..Lord so now By the Power of The blood of Jesus shed for Brian I break the hold of lust on him in Jesus name and Give you no authority an loosen the Strength of the Lord Jesus and Your Godly anointing on Him...In Jesus name I pray..Amen and Amen :wub: