IGNORED

After watching the debate, I'm ready to endorse

mobile21

Guest LadyC
it's no use papasangel... some people are so staunchly against bush that they inadvertantly SUPPORT terrorists.

Ask the defenseless "dead people" of the agrarian villages in Afghanistan about "terrorists"............. I bet they will provide at least 1 name to you :P

why don't you ask the millions of individuals whos lives were potentially saved if they feel bush is guilty because a few died during the liberation of their country?

the irony is, before the war broke, many of those who are now dead WANTED the u.s. to liberate them, despite the risks.

saddam may be in jail, but that does not erase the fact that HE murdered indiscriminately, and that millions will now have a chance at life as a result of our efforts. they, for the most part, are grateful. what does that make someone who wishes they still had to live their lives in fear of being brutally raped, murdered, or tortured? an ingrate?

(sorry admins) :x:

by the way, did you throw this much of a fit when clinton said we had to wage war on iraq? just curious.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

Mobile where were your objections when all those arab babies were dying of starvation, no medical help and being killed by saddam's own men? The truths is that those babies were dying even before US intervention being murdered by their own leaders. Yes civilians have been killed. Its a war and unfortunatley innocents get killed. But more are killed by indiscriminate terrorist attacks than Bush is responsible for. I think you need to open your eyes and see the truth.

Bush can do only so much he is but a mortal man. No I don't like war. I don't like seeing children and innocents harmed or killed. But if Saddam hadn't been stopped many more would be dead. What about all those children in prision? That was not a publicity stunt that was reality. Tell me what possible crime can a child commit to warrent being tossed in prison under those conditions? And before you get off on a tangent telling us even kids commit crimes the numbers found are in shear disporpotion to the law of averages.

As to asking the dead ask the Sunni Muslims and other faction that opposed Saddam and paid for it with their lives. Saddam used chemical weapons on women and children to murder them. Tell me do you think that is humane? If you do then obviously you and I will never see eye to eye on this issue. :P

• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/20/1959

Well .......

Guest LadyC
The most important thing is that everyone eligible get out and vote. Vote your heart and your consience and just vote. It really doesn't matter what other people say or think of your choice. The right to actually vote is something Americans have taken for granted. I cannot tell you how many people I know who are registered voters and who haven't cast a ballot in years. I can't help but shake my head and think of the people in countries where not only can they not vote -- they'd likely be killed for suggesting it.

i agree with you.... IF people take the time to cast an educated vote. IF people take the time to know what the issues are, and vote based on the issues, not on the 'electability' of someone who might kick someone else out of office. as long as they vote based on the issues and where a candidate stand, then what others think dont matter.

i believe people who don't bother to know what they're voting for do more harm than good. if they can't vote responsibly, they shouldn't vote at all.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Mobile where were your objections when all those arab babies were dying of starvation, no medical help and being killed by saddam's own men?  The truths is that those babies were dying even before US intervention being murdered by their own leaders.  Yes civilians have been killed.  Its a war and unfortunatley innocents get killed.  But more are killed by indiscriminate terrorist attacks than Bush is responsible for.  I think you need to open your eyes and see the truth.

Papa's, seems like you forgot that Saddam was an U.S. BACKED DICTATOR in the first place !.

Of course the iraqi ppl never wanted that thug, it was US who armed him when he was useful to slaughter the defenseless iranians (word "defensless" comes up a lot when discussing these wars don't you think?) and then of course Saddam took advatage of the weapons we gladly gave to him to oppress his own ppl and do his own will.

Conclusion is that every time this country "plays to be God" things go VERY wrong short term and long term.

Of course, these trademark "Bush-nation-building" things are another of those "God-like plays".

Bush can do only so much he is but a mortal man.

Are you sure he's not a demi-god.........? :laugh:

No I don't like war.

That's great, if you don't like war then DON'T VOTE FOR BUSH because if he wins, I bet my right arm there'll be at least 2 more Bush-sponsored wars (Syria and Iran are looking "ripe" of course!).

As to asking the dead ask the Sunni Muslims and other faction that opposed Saddam and paid for it with their lives.  Saddam used chemical weapons on women and children to murder them.  Tell me do you think that is humane?  If you do then obviously you and I will never see eye to eye on this issue.

Again, you are ignoring the fact that the U.S. gov was quite happy when Saddam used those chem weapons to fry those "extreme minorities" that according to the U.S. gov of the time, were very dangerous and needed to be apeaced.

Bottomline: the U.S. armed and used Saddam against our enemy of that time, Iran, and then those very ppl were surprised of the monster they created.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

The most important thing is that everyone eligible get out and vote. Vote your heart and your consience and just vote. It really doesn't matter what other people say or think of your choice.  The right to actually vote is something Americans have taken for granted.  I cannot tell you how many people I know who are registered voters and who haven't cast a ballot in years.  I can't help but shake my head and think of the people in countries where not only can they not vote -- they'd likely be killed for suggesting it.

i agree with you.... IF people take the time to cast an educated vote. IF people take the time to know what the issues are, and vote based on the issues, not on the 'electability' of someone who might kick someone else out of office. as long as they vote based on the issues and where a candidate stand, then what others think dont matter.

i believe people who don't bother to know what they're voting for do more harm than good. if they can't vote responsibly, they shouldn't vote at all.

And a hearty amen to that.

Guest LadyC

i'm guilty of that. and i paid the consequences. not a straight ticket, but i voted for governor kenny guinn.

i didn't dig into his history enough. i bought the rhethoric, the campaign promises, etc. and along with most of the rest of our state, voted for him.

had i bothered to find out his history i may have found something different. maybe. but i was new to this state, and a bit too trusting.

the governor who had promised no new taxes just hiked up our taxes in this state by 8 billion dollars. he hijacked the schools and held them hostage as part of the tax plan in order to get it to pass. that was illegal by the way, the school tax budget is supposed to be separate. the ransom? pass the tax hike and i'll allow the magnet schools to stay open and the school busses to still run. don't pass the tax hike? we close the magnet schools and make students ride the CAT transit busses to the public middle schools and high schools... school busses would be reserved only for elementary students.

only 1/3 of the total tax hike was for the schools.

it was such a mess it went through the state supreme court, then to the federal supreme court, and well into the summer before anything got settled. the only reason it got settled then was because the school budget had run completely dry. school was supposed to start in two weeks, and there wasn't a penny in the accounts to make the first paycheck for the teachers, and with six new schools scheduled to open, potential teachers were still waiting to find out if they had been hired. in an act of desparation, the bill was passed and our taxes jacked up enormously.

vote carefully people. VERY carefully. and if you THINK you already vote carefully, think a little deeper.

Guest Sportster

Definately voting for Bush. He is pro life,pro God,pro 2nd amendment. Kerry is probably the worst choice out there as he is the farthest left leaning liberal available. Liberals are bad for this Country. They support the ACLU ( anti Christian liberties union),they support taxing us to death,our Country will be 'the UN approved US of A'. To me,it's a simple answer....Bush.... :laugh:

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

Mobile Bush wasn't in office at that time when we supported Hussain. Why make him the scapegoat? As to him being a demi-god don't blaspheme. He is mortal and I have never made him out to be anything different.

Yes the US once backed Saddam. At the time he was the lesser of two evils and he wasn't as corrupt as he later became. We also backed Noriega and castro too. We cannot look into the future and see the results 20 plus years down the road. So your point? It seems everyone drags that poor old nag to be beaten as an excuse to scourage the US. We make mistakes like every other country in the world.

Despite your continual slamming of the US and its leaders you can bet the third world countries we help will still have their hands out asking for help which we give. Not many other countries do that. A few do but the US is one of the biggest in the world when it comes to helping the underdog, the oppressed and those who are dying from hunger and disease. And for that we continually get slapped in the face by people like you who only see the worst. Maybe you should look at your own life before you start casting blame and trash on someone's else.