menegroth

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

the verse in Judges 1:19 KJV i don't get this i must be missing something it says "And the LORD was with judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron."

unless i am missing something more the this story, i am not well versed in what is happening in judges enough to understand it maybe. i just don't understand why it says that he Could Not drive them out if the LORD was with Judah I would think he could have done it no? just wanted to throw this on here while i study it out myself, and see if any of you wonderful people could share your various views on this i am very curious about it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

the verse in Judges 1:19 KJV i don't get this i must be missing something it says "And the LORD was with judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron."

unless i am missing something more the this story, i am not well versed in what is happening in judges enough to understand it maybe. i just don't understand why it says that he Could Not drive them out if the LORD was with Judah I would think he could have done it no? just wanted to throw this on here while i study it out myself, and see if any of you wonderful people could share your various views on this i am very curious about it.

Good morning menegroth,

A hint to help you with your study. Judges 2:1 The Angel of the Lord went up from Gilgal to Bochim and said, "I brought you out of Egypt and led you into the land I had promised to your fathers. I also said: I will never break My covenant with you. 2 You are not to make a covenant with the people who are living in this land, and you are to tear down their altars. But you have not obeyed Me. What is this you have done? 3 Therefore, I now say: I will not drive out these people before you. They will be thorns in your sides, and their gods will be a trap to you."

JB

A hint to help you with your study. Judges 2:1 The Angel of the Lord went up from Gilgal to Bochim and said, "I brought you out of Egypt and led you into the land I had promised to your fathers. I also said: I will never break My covenant with you. 2 You are not to make a covenant with the people who are living in this land, and you are to tear down their altars. But you have not obeyed Me. What is this you have done? 3 Therefore, I now say: I will not drive out these people before you. They will be thorns in your sides, and their gods will be a trap to you."
:whistling:

Amen!

Well Spoken.

:o

Israel Do Not Despair, God Does Not Repent

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? Behold, I have received commandment to bless: and he hath blessed; and I cannot reverse it.
Numbers 23:19-20

His Word Is Forever

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: thou hast established the earth, and it abideth. They continue this day according to thine ordinances: for all are thy servants.
Psalms 119:89-91

His Mercies Are Forever

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.
1 Chronicles 16:34

Even Now His Spirit Is Moving

And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Joe; 2:27-32

:21:

See The Messiah And Be Blessed

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

:21:

Be Blessed Beloved Of The LORD

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

God did not give the complete victory right away so that He could demonstrate to them that they would not be faithful and keep his covenant:

You are not to make a covenant with the people who are living in this land, and you are to tear down their altars.But you have not obeyed Me. What is this you have done? Therefore, I now say: I will not drive out these people before you. They will be thornsin your sides, and their gods will be a trap to you."

Judges 2:2-3 HCSB

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/03/1951

Ha, is Judges the only confusing bit?. What about the bit about its ok to perform incest?

LOT after Soddom sleeps with his two daughters. Must be ok :whistling:

Ge 19:36 Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.

Notice it says thus, or as a result of Lots previous lifestyle his daughters got their father drunk in order to commit a sin of incest. Even though in the beginning it was nessasary for a brother and sister to have relations in order to continue the human race, it was not ok to do so. God at a later time has to expressly forbid it in order to stop it. It was forbiden as we can see by Lots daughters having to get their father drunk to commit the act.

The story of Lot's backsliding illustrates the seven downward steps. (1) Covetousness (Ge 13:10). Many a man has made the mistake of fixing his eyes on the wrong objects. (2) Choosing too low (Ge 13:11; 19:17). Lot chose the plain instead of the mountain. Christians are to aim high-at heavenly things (Col 3:1-3), at the most excellent things (Php 1:9-10). Christians injure their spiritual lives when they choose less than God's perfect will in areas of friendship, entertainment, literature, occupation, etc. (3) Compromise (Ge 13:12-13). Lot pitched his tent toward wicked Sodom. Christians are to flee youthful lusts (2Ti 2:22), avoid all appearance of evil (1Th 5:22), have no fellowship with evil works (Eph 5:11). (4) Captured by the enemy (Ge 14:11-12). Those who do not have on the whole armor of God will be captured by the enemy, who is walking about seeking whom he may devour (Eph 6:10-19; 1Pe 5:8). (5) Carnal (Ge 19:1,16). Lot loved Sodom and its excitement. He was a saved men, and his heart was grieved at the gross wickedness (2Pe 2:7); but still he loved Sodom. Lot had no powerful testimony because he lived primarily for the things of the world (Ge 19:14). Many Christians love the evil things of this world that God hates and is going to judge (1Jo 2:15-17; Jas 4:4). (6) Spiritual weakness (Ge 19:8). Lot was willing to give his daughters into sin. Because of his backsliding, he had no spiritual power. (7) Carousing (Ge 19:33-38). Here we find Lot drinking wine and committing immorality. His first wrong choices led him deeper and deeper into sin and farther and farther from God's fellowship.